Why is KD to Nola such an unrealstic choice?

Options

Comments

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Durant is either staying in OKC or coming back to DC. I really see it has nobody else really has a chance.

DC doesnt have enough talent as what he have now, and plus people are only saying DC because of this "im coming home" trendy ? that only Lebron done.

Lmaooooo wishful thinking like a....

Nobody is going to NO to play for Alvin Gentry or with Tyreke Evans

And lol at going home being a trend now

Was it a trend when T Mac chose Orlando

Lastly, going to the Wizards would be more like going home than them other ?

DC and a few PG cities are literally a crosswalk apart

Yall ? keep saying im wishful thinking only because its New Orleans, but when AD becomes the best in the world soon will the city even matter? ? going to CLEAVLAND to play with LBJ bruh. And Yes Holiday a top 5 defensive PG when healthy, Evans one of the best finishers in the game, and Gentry the best Offensive coach in the NBA.. Not to mention we got the best Defensive Assitant in the league. Its not like AD is the only thing we can offer. ? really only think that ? . Its a reason why we were on winning streaks when AD was hurt last year. We got talent, uits just health and coaching havent been on our side.

are we sure about bolded already?! and i dont think its the city of New Orleans that would be the reason a superstar wouldnt come

and why not just let things play out this year, they got a nice team if healthy as u said, plus i dont think ad really need to play with another top tier superstar, maybe a complementary superstar, if that.

I agree, why would I want somebody like Kevin Durant taking shots away from AD when AD is showing that he can be one of the top scorers in the NBA? I'm more concerned with the point guard position, especially if Holiday can't get right. 2 years in a Pels uniform and he only played in 80+ games combined.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

Russ got a taste of that "lead dog" ? last year. He is gunning for the MVP spot which result in a battle for the number 1 option and create tension between the two.

link?

Common sense. If you watched the past season
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    DC plays in the East, and I'll take Wall and Beal over what we have right now.

Wall and Beal combined isnt touching Westbrook. Westbrook is a top 5 player in the world.

slight disrespect to john wall

Wall overrated like a muh........

Dude wanna diss Reggie but puts up the same numbers Reggie did with 17 and 8. Foh.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Durant is either staying in OKC or coming back to DC. I really see it has nobody else really has a chance.

DC doesnt have enough talent as what he have now, and plus people are only saying DC because of this "im coming home" trendy ? that only Lebron done.

Yall ? keep saying im wishful thinking only because its New Orleans, but when AD becomes the best in the world soon will the city even matter? ? going to CLEAVLAND to play with LBJ bruh. And Yes Holiday a top 5 defensive PG when healthy, Evans one of the best finishers in the game, and Gentry the best Offensive coach in the NBA.. Not to mention we got the best Defensive Assitant in the league. Its not like AD is the only thing we can offer. ? really only think that ? . Its a reason why we were on winning streaks when AD was hurt last year. We got talent, uits just health and coaching havent been on our side.

are we sure about bolded already?! and i dont think its the city of New Orleans that would be the reason a superstar wouldnt come

and why not just let things play out this year, they got a nice team if healthy as u said, plus i dont think ad really need to play with another top tier superstar, maybe a complementary superstar, if that.

Fair point sir. I'm just saying, I'm tired of ? acting like Nola some fufu city like Vermont or Minnesota. When we host super bowls, bcs games, final 4, wrestlemania, essence, jazz fest, all-star games, etc. How are we a small market? I never understood that ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Wall and Beal combined isnt touching Westbrook. Westbrook is a top 5 player in the world.

Dude wanna diss Reggie but puts up the same numbers Reggie did with 17 and 8. Foh.

u trippin bruh, wall put that up for a career, reggie put that up for a month are u serious? we not even sure reggie really better than brandon jennings let alone john wall

wall one of the best 2 way guards in the league, and thats with out a jumper, which would make him unguardable, reggie do not get buckets or defend like wall lol. and the westbrook stuff is slight disrespect because it aint like wall that far down the list. im sure if wall jacked up the same amount of bad shots as westbrook the numbers would be even more comparable lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had to guess I would say at the moment KDs list is

1.OKC
    2.DC
    3.LAL
    4.GSW
    5.HOU

How is LAL even a possible destination? I just dont get this way of thinking. No one cares about the "bright lights " ? anymore and they dont have enough pieces to make him believe they can make a jump in the potential department anytime soon. Dude wants a finals run, not waiting around for rookies to hopefully blossom.

It's not about the bright lights but more so about the franchises high pedigree and commitment to being a perennial contender despite their recent struggles If they can bring in another star player which they have the cap to do then I can see KD strongly considering LA. The supporting cast is already solid with a strong backcourt and a couple of solid bigs. Add a star FA next season and They are right back in the hunt for a ship.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

I agree, why would I want somebody like Kevin Durant taking shots away from AD when AD is showing that he can be one of the top scorers in the NBA? I'm more concerned with the point guard position, especially if Holiday can't get right. 2 years in a Pels uniform and he only played in 80+ games combined.

Honestly speaking, I'm just ready for s true Robin on our squad to emerge. I think Robin Pack will ma

u trippin bruh, wall put that up for a career, reggie put that up for a month are u serious? we not even sure reggie really better than brandon jennings let alone john wall

wall one of the best 2 way guards in the league, and thats with out a jumper, which would make him unguardable, reggie do not get buckets or defend like wall lol. and the westbrook stuff is slight disrespect because it aint like wall that far down the list. im sure if wall jacked up the same amount of bad shots as westbrook the numbers would be even more comparable lol

Wall put up those career numbers in the east bruh. No disrepect. Wall is a top 10 pg in the league, but he is not a top 10 player.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Honestly speaking, I'm just ready for s true Robin on our squad to emerge. I think Robin Pack will ma

Wall put up those career numbers in the east bruh. No disrepect. Wall is a top 10 pg in the league, but he is not a top 10 player.

honestly that "in the east" "in the west" ? is a bit of a cop out bruh. and even if it is legit, west has more fast paced offenses while east has the slower grind it out teams right? so u would think the pg's playing fast and getting 10 assists are more likely to be in the west right, but john wall avg 17 and 10 this season, that pretty much wraps that "in the east" argument up.

id say john wall is at worst a top 6 pg, maybe a top 20-25 player, not as huge a drop off from westbrook as ur insinuating.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited July 2015
    Options

Would you rather Holiday running the point for us or Wall? And KD is no Robin, neither is Anthony Davis.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AD would probably never be able to score like KD

If KD comes to New Orleans he would be the second option.

Both could put up 25 a game
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Just looked it up on hoopshype, in 2 years, Westbrook, Jeff Teague, and Ty Lawson gon be UFA along with Jrue Holiday and Derrick Rose. If Jrue can't get his health together these next two seasons then Russell Westbrook needs to be the target, followed by a Teague or Lawson. Lawson could probably be obtained now thru trade tho because of Mudiay.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ "Wall put up those numbers in the east"

? ... ?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Lol @ "Wall put up those numbers in the east"

? ... ?

No fool! Im telling the truth, stop being so sensitive and speak stats with me. I would respect your opinion more.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just looked it up on hoopshype, in 2 years, Westbrook, Jeff Teague, and Ty Lawson gon be UFA along with Jrue Holiday and Derrick Rose. If Jrue can't get his health together these next two seasons then Russell Westbrook needs to be the target, followed by a Teague or Lawson. Lawson could probably be obtained now thru trade tho because of Mudiay.

Russ coming to LA, he is the post Kobe era
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Russ coming to LA, he is the post Kobe era

Thanks, this is true.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all i know is if the pelicans even sniff the finals, you trolling ? wont be able to tell me ? !!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ ANY ngga speaking as if its not possible

Lol @ KD & Russ' potential being the same as KD & AD

Bottom line we don't know wtf he gon do. No one is in a position to say anything is unrealistic

Rockets, Clips, Pelicans, all logically make sense on paper.

The kicker is, we have no clue what its doin to him inside, as a competitor, to keep losing. They just hired a rookie coach. What if they get bounced early. With the new TV money he has a shot to join some loaded teams/ great players and all the teams above would be perfect fits bball wise. Thwy could all make it work financially

So nothing is far fetched imo
  • S2J
    Options

Wow...
  • S2J
    Options
    Kd and AD would score like Shaq amd Kobe. Both score differently, and EASILY, so they both would eat

U Surround them with nothing but grit and defense and a lil 3 point shooting and you're an instant contender for 8-10 years. KD sees what GS and SA got cookin with their youth. And Cleveland to an extent is young

You a fool if u don't think its possible

I def think Wizards are out. KD not wired like a Melo, for example. He knows he needs to win now and Wiz would b a step backwards
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Kd and AD would score like Shaq amd Kobe. Both score differently, and EASILY, so they both would eat

U Surround them with nothing but grit and defense and a lil 3 point shooting and you're an instant contender for 8-10 years. KD sees what GS and SA got cookin with their youth. And Cleveland to an extent is young

I def think Wizards are out. KD not wired like a Melo, for example. He knows he needs to win now and Wiz would b a step backwards

That's all I'm saying man. I'm not gonna say it will happen, but to act like it's not a reasonable idea and Wizards is a better idea is crazy. And call me crazy all you want, but I believe a healthy Jrue Holiday with a Gentry system and Darren Erman coaching defense will push Holiday in the Top 10 PG debate. Its not like this dude is a scrub. He was putting up 18 and 8 numbers in his all-star year when he played at a top 15 pace. He can make a jump with different coaching and a big IF if he is healthy.

As far as KD and AD, my brain can't even imagine how that ? would look. It won't matter east or west, when you have the potential for 2 once in a generation, 2 batmans, and potentially the best and second best player on the same team, with holiday and Evans coming off the bench and Asik.... Man ? would be insanse.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Lol @ ANY ngga speaking as if its not possible

Lol @ KD & Russ' potential being the same as KD & AD

Bottom line we don't know wtf he gon do. No one is in a position to say anything is unrealistic

Rockets, Clips, Pelicans, all logically make sense on paper.

The kicker is, we have no clue what its doin to him inside, as a competitor, to keep losing. They just hired a rookie coach. What if they get bounced early. With the new TV money he has a shot to join some loaded teams/ great players and all the teams above would be perfect fits bball wise. Thwy could all make it work financially

So nothing is far fetched imo

Won't Clippers be out the question since they resigned Jordan? And also Durant may question longevity with CP3 age. And honestly Houston is another team they can grab Velvet Hoop. I think his close relationship with Harden may make things interesting, but ultimately I think he won't ? with Howard like that because of his fickleness and he is not committed to Basketball. AD and KD live,? , eat, sleep, etc.BASKETBALL. That's all they care about and they would make each other way better playing against each other in practice, and etc.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KD is coming to DC next season...I got legit sources from people who are close to KD and the okc assistant GM is from DC and knows the deal; that's why they trying to win this season to force his hand to stay in okc
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why would you want Westbrook on a team with Davis when you already see the ? he pulls with Durant? That makes no ? sense at all. After last season Westbrook is no longer going to be any teams #2 star player. He already felt like he wasn't #2 behind Durant before last season.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

This makes no sense at all. Durant, Wall & Beal can come out of the east to make the finals and beat Cleveland damn near any year to get there. Would be a battle but never one-sided
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they are the 4 seed in the east WITHOUT KD

they are automatically 1 or 2 with him....battling LBJ for a spot in the finals as long as team stays healthy