The Official 2015/2016 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Eagles will win the NFC East if Bradford stays healthy

It must really suck to have to say things like my team should be good "if Sam Bradford stays healthy"
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm re-watching Super Bowl XIV right now. NFL on TV was so much better then imo. No splash ads of upcoming shows. No scrolling news on the bottom of the screen. No useless sideline reporters. No sponsor driven replays. Just down, distance , relevant stats and the score.
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seahawks winning it all
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt2 wrote: »

It must really suck to have to say things like my team should be good "if Sam Bradford stays healthy"

Yall getting worked Week 2.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me exactly how Sam Bradford fits the offense better than Nick Foles did.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    super-bowl.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

TIME TO GO GET TATTED BABY!! Wooooooooooooooo Lets ? GOOOOOO
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since this is usually the biggest jinx most cowboy fans gonna be like.....

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif
  • matt2
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »

Yall getting worked Week 2.

Nah we don't even have to run our real plays against yall

cam-newton-fumblerooski-o.gif
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So TY Hilton is asking for 14 milly per year LOL
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »

Since this is usually the biggest jinx most cowboy fans gonna be like.....

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

I don't give a ? about no jinx ....we ain't one of these ? ass tip toein organizations shook by our own shadow

ITS SUPERBOWL OR BUST EVERY YEAR OVER HERE ?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2528678-how-the-cowboys-hedged-their-bet-on-dez-bryant-with-a-brilliant-contract

One might assume that collecting the $45 million that is "guaranteed" as part of the five-year, $70 million contract is just a formality for Bryant at this point, but the reality is much different. In truth, the Cowboys did the best job constructing a contract that keeps the money in their control for as long as possible.

For example, Bryant is supposed to get a $20 million signing bonus and a $3 million guaranteed base salary this season. However, $7 million of the signing bonus is deferred until March 15, 2016. Of the remaining $13 million of signing bonus, half has already been paid and the other half will be distributed to Bryant in his weekly game checks this season.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-introduction-to-the-end-in-new-orleans/

In a classic addition-by-subtraction move, the Saints cut troubled pass-rusher Junior Galette this past weekend. It brought to a close months of speculation that the Saints were considering moving on from their star. While New Orleans can rightly say that Galette’s off-field incidents and attitude were at odds with the organization’s values, the decision to dump the outside linebacker also highlights the mistakes the Saints have made on the football operations side. Given the future implications, it’s fair to wonder whether Galette’s release could serve as the beginning of the end for the Drew Brees–Sean Payton iteration of the franchise.
    Few players have had more troubling offseasons than the 27-year-old Galette, who went undrafted in part because of incidents that led him to be kicked off of Temple’s team. Galette hadn’t registered any public problems as a pro before, but it’s been a busy offseason. In January, he was arrested on domestic violence charges, which were later dropped. In June, Galette suffered a serious pectoral injury that was expected to jeopardize his availability for the early part of the season. Then, last week, there surfaced a video that allegedly showed Galette hitting a man and striking a woman with a belt during a 2013 fight in Miami. That appears to have been the final straw for the Saints, who released Galette on Friday.

The Saints have begun to leak reports that Galette was a bad teammate and negative influence in the locker room, and I don’t doubt that he was a problem, but I’m very skeptical that those issues had a meaningful part in this decision. New Orleans had been around Galette for five years, during which it gave him two contract extensions, before suddenly deciding that he was a locker-room cancer. (It’s unclear if they knew about the 2013 incident before last week.) Galette’s teammates even voted him to be one of the team’s captains.

I don’t think the Saints saw Galette as a problem before 2014, which makes it difficult to criticize their decision to sign him to an extension last year. New Orleans signed Galette, a restricted free agent at the time, to a three-year, $7.5 million deal in March 2013. What we could have seen happening in advance is Saints general manager Mickey Loomis spending money before he had to.

This article is more of an indictment of Mickey Loomis and his horrible negotiation skills than anything else. He is always robbing Peter to pay Paul. If this sounds bad to me, It should sound worse to other front office executives.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Big Weirdo retiring from the NFL. That clown couldn't cut it in the league.

That ? was bad combination of weird & charmin soft.. But this further proof that you got be real man to collision sport like football.. You can't be a Big Weirdo type of ? .. Or worse a Micheal Sam type of guy physically weak as hell...
  • matt2
    Options
    Caddo man posts the woat articles
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    too_soon__-_imgur.0_zpsiyjkqqim.gif

It never get's old bruh.
  • matt2
    Options
    Let's be real tho, if any other qb had his team in back to back Super Bowls while making the cash he's been making, we wouldn't be knocking him for trying to break the bank now. It's just that he doesn't have the crazy stats that most people look for

I mean I love Cam but he's getting 20 and hasn't had near the success is a below average passer, so it's not like he's asking way over market value
  • dallas' 4 eva
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Let's be real tho, if any other qb had his team in back to back Super Bowls while making the cash he's been making, we wouldn't be knocking him for trying to break the bank now. It's just that he doesn't have the crazy stats that most people look for

I mean I love Cam but he's getting 20 and hasn't had near the success is a below average passer, so it's not like he's asking way over market value

Bruh honestly it wasn't a bad play call.

Out of approximately 120 1 yard line passes in the 2014 season, ZERO had been intercepted until that point.

Marshawn Lynch rushing on the 1 yard line was 1 for 5 in the regular season.

Honestly only reason why it get's so much flack is because the ball got picked off, from a football standpoint it was the correct playcall, given Seattle had 1 timeout and only 30 seconds left, a completion would of meant a game winning touchdown, an incompletion would of saved them a timeout and gave them two chances to run the ball which is what they would have done if the interception not have happened.

If Seattle get's stuffed twice on the goal line, NOBODY questions Pete Carrols coaching acumen or the playcall.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know the two super bowls that Wilson was in he didn't do ? .

Hell, he didn't do ? both NFCCG

The defense literally won both NFCCG that Superbowl and gave this white guy Wilson a chance to win the game and he still couldn't do it.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Out of approximately 120 1 yard line passes in the 2014 season, ZERO had been intercepted until that point.

Honestly only reason why it get's so much flack is because the ball got picked off, from a football standpoint it was the correct playcall, given Seattle had 1 timeout and only 30 seconds left, a completion would of meant a game winning touchdown, an incompletion would of saved them a timeout and gave them two chances to run the ball which is what they would have done if the interception not have happened.

If Seattle get's stuffed twice on the goal line, NOBODY questions Pete Carrols coaching acumen or the playcall.

He scored early on them close to the goal line.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

He scored early on them close to the goal line.

Wasn't a 1 yard run. A 1 yard run against Lynch New England would of brought all 11 defenders to stop him.
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    All I know the two super bowls that Wilson was in he didn't do ? .

Hell, he didn't do ? both NFCCG

The defense literally won both NFCCG that Superbowl and gave this white guy Wilson a chance to win the game and he still couldn't do it.

You mad cuz the seahawks own yall ? ??
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options