MAFIA III

Options

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys shouldn't judge everything off gta , you guys would be let down 100% which is not fair to good games like this and yourselves .

? u midget
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Deciding on this or the new Tomb Raider that drops 10/11 hearing mixed reviews on Mafia 3 so far

I had pre-ordered WWE 2K17 at Gamestop already paid in full but I'm not getting ready to go far out to pick it up so I just ordered WWE 2k17 from Best Buy instead. With the left over store credit that I'm have at Gamestop I might just end up using that to get the new Tomb Raider game next weekend before I go to the show. More than likely Tomb Raider or Uncharted 4 will be the last game I buy for the year.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know ? don't like waiting for ? , but Black Friday is right around the corner. Unless you REALLY want a game, there's no reason to pre-order or first-day cop any game before then when it's gonna be cheap as ? soon.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know ? don't like waiting for ? , but Black Friday is right around the corner. Unless you REALLY want a game, there's no reason to pre-order or first-day cop any game before then when it's gonna be cheap as ? soon.

True. Here's the issue that I have with Black Friday in general though, let's say I go online to amazon and see if they have a price drop for Uncharted 4. I find Uncharted 4 but it's either already sold out or I'm in the waitinglist queue (9/10 when that happens you not getting the game) so I go online to Best Buy during BF sales then I look for Uncharted 4 on there find it online but... out of stock.

I totally get what your saying but do you think I'm going out in those crowds to fight and maneuver over people for discounted items?

The only reason I'm trying to get the games I want now is because I have a GCU membership and then I got rid of games that I didn't want during the summer for credit (at GS/BB) as well so in some cases I only end up paying like $10-20+ for some games that be $60+. That is why I pre-order games before BF sales because in most cases I get them for dirt cheap as opposed to paying $20-35 during BF for games that are normally $50-60. Also, Best Buy has said that going forward if you have a GCU membership on BF you won't be able to use it since the games are already heavily discounted.
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not just game share and go half on all games
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

True. Here's the issue that I have with Black Friday in general though, let's say I go online to amazon and see if they have a price drop for Uncharted 4. I find Uncharted 4 but it's either already sold out or I'm in the waitinglist queue (9/10 when that happens you not getting the game) so I go online to Best Buy during BF sales then I look for Uncharted 4 on there find it online but... out of stock.

I totally get what your saying but do you think I'm going out in those crowds to fight and maneuver over people for discounted items?

The only reason I'm trying to get the games I want now is because I have a GCU membership and then I got rid of games that I didn't want during the summer for credit (at GS/BB) as well so in some cases I only end up paying like $10-20+ for some games that be $60+. That is why I pre-order games before BF sales because in most cases I get them for dirt cheap as opposed to paying $20-35 during BF for games that are normally $50-60. Also, Best Buy has said that going forward if you have a GCU membership on BF you won't be able to use it since the games are already heavily discounted.
    Since you're getting a discount, the Black Friday thing wouldn't apply to you. This only if you're copping for the regular price. I have Amazon Prime, so new games only come to $47.99, so I feel where you're coming from.
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dee.i.? wrote: »
    Let me check redbox before i drop 60 on this

Didn't know Redbox had games. Never used them a day in my life. I miss video stores.
    yea,saved me a lot of dough over the past few years,they get all the big releases except for EA titles

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The PC patch for 60 or unlimited FPS is out now. However the way you guys are talking, it sounds like I shouldn't cop this game.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    The PC patch for 60 or unlimited FPS is out now. However the way you guys are talking, it sounds like I shouldn't cop this game.

Only person who has this game now is me. I wouldn't say it's a first day cop buts a really good game so far
  • funkdocdamc
    Options

PC players are saying the the 60fps patch still didn't solve all the bugs the game has. If you're gonna cop, then wait for that patch.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the game. It only crashed on me once. Didn't encounter a single glitch yet. I am enjoying it so far.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea Saints Row proved that a game can be open world, customizable, free will outside of GTA.

But the goofyness of SR alwaysturned me off. I didnt even check the last SR game.

I was just hoping Mafia would be sandbox style
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got the game and lovin it no complaints
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After you play the intro missions the game gets really good. Was running from the cops and almost got ate by a gator
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many ? rallys do you get to shoot up?

Bet that question gets me on a watch list.

AP would also like to know this information
  • AP21
    Options
    You guys shouldn't judge everything off gta , you guys would be let down 100% which is not fair to good games like this and yourselves .

this

althought Take Two is the publisher, ya'll are comparing Rockstar to...idk who the hell even developed this game

j.e.t.s
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    How many ? rallys do you get to shoot up?

Bet that question gets me on a watch list.

AP would also like to know this information

That's way further into the game.

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this

althought Take Two is the publisher, ya'll are comparing Rockstar to...idk who the hell even developed this game

j.e.t.s

It's not about comparing to Rockstar. It's about comparing one open world game to another. They set the standard, so naturally every open world game will be compared to one of their open world games.

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hoping u could just drive around at night and find random ? rallys to massacre
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so is sleeping dogs still the # 1 "not gta" crime game?
  • AP21
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

this

j.e.t.s

It's not about comparing to Rockstar. It's about comparing one open world game to another. They set the standard, so naturally every open world game will be compared to one of their open world games.

its relative b/c rockstar's budget is probably out the wahzoo with what they can do to make a game
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this game dope to me. I don't have any ? complaints. None whatsoever. Story is excellent... Yeah it's not GTA but I don't go into other open world games expecting it to be GTA when it isn't.