Video: “Alright, I’m Getting ? Off!” – Men Watch Footage Of Their Girlfriends Getting Catcalled

Options

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I look forward to seeing these dudes in a Worldstar video getting beat up tryna "defend they women's honor".

Oh girl with the tats got some nerve being offended looking like a Backpage chick.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real

Close to 50% of the time catcalling is profane or borderline

And than half the time these men don't even realize what they doing is destructive.... They seem to think its OK to reduce women down to a pair of ? and ass because others do it and some women appear to like it

It's just a symptom of living in a society that encourages misogny, and the sexual ojbectification of the young and women

Than we justify the behavior with ? we learned in 6th grade biology class

Totally ignoring the fact in other countries, cultures street harassment, ? are not nearly as prevelant as it is in america

Girls internalize it all

They grow up fearing or resenting men...or somewhere in between

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real

And than half the time these men don't even realize what they doing is destructive.... They seem to think its OK to reduce women down to a pair of ? and ass because others do it and some women appear to like it

It's just a symptom of living in a society that encourages misogny, and the sexual ojbectification of the young and women

Totally ignoring the fact in other countries, cultures street harassment, ? are not nearly as prevelant as it is in america

Girls internalize it all

Sounds like you went through it, tell us about your situation
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options

Complimenting someone on their appearance doesn't necessarily involve reducing them to it and why would it be OK or not based on anything other than whether or not the woman in question likes it? If someone doesn't feel degraded by being subject to sexual attention then why do you care on their behalf? If women don't like being cat called then they shouldn't be cat called.

It isn't society that promotes the sexual objectification of women, biology promotes the sexual objectification of men and women and, in my opinion, it's only a problem if it's not tempered with empathy (I don't mean 'objectification' in the sense of reducing someone to their attractiveness or how they make you feel, as though they mean absolutely nothing to you beyond that and exist only for your pleasure, but the fact that your attraction has nothing to do with sympathizing with or relating to them).

Biology doesn't justify it but it doesn't stem from living in a misogynistic culture.

We also sometimes ignore the fact that most ? victims in the U.S are male prisoners, the legal definition of ? is biased toward female victims and women sometimes ? men and women. I think it shows a disregard to ? victims to put violently ? someone on the same level as cat calling them, especially since some of the comments in the video seemed friendly and considerate.
    Girls internalize it all

Not all of the men in the video were being inconsiderate. The fact is that some women probably do like being cat called at least some of the time and depending on the comment, so at least some of the men might have assumed that the women would feel the same way about being complimented for their appearance as they would if the situation were reversed and women were giving them the same kind of attention.

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Woman got it easy

And I notice they put a ? women in the vid this time

Kudos
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real

Girls internalize it all

Oh would you shut the ? up already... Next you are going to start yapping about patriarchy
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    The ? should be flattered. I'd be worried if my girl wasn't getting catcalls. It means shes putting effort into herself. ? ain't realistic. If your girl even looks average, ? are gonna holla. As long as they don't disrespect and do it in front of you, the ? is the problem?

This reminds me of the Patrice O'Neal standup. When he was talking about sending a ugly female for milk at night.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »

Complimenting someone on their appearance doesn't necessarily involve reducing them to it and why would it be OK or not based on anything other than whether or not the woman in question likes it? If someone doesn't feel degraded by being subject to sexual attention then why do you care on their behalf? If women don't like being cat called then they shouldn't be cat called.

It isn't society that promotes the sexual objectification of women, biology promotes the sexual objectification of men and women and, in my opinion, it's only a problem if it's not tempered with empathy (I don't mean 'objectification' in the sense of reducing someone to their attractiveness or how they make you feel, as though they mean absolutely nothing to you beyond that and exist only for your pleasure, but the fact that your attraction has nothing to do with sympathizing with or relating to them).

Biology doesn't justify it but it doesn't stem from living in a misogynistic culture.

We also sometimes ignore the fact that most ? victims in the U.S are male prisoners, the legal definition of ? is biased toward female victims and women sometimes ? men and women. I think it shows a disregard to ? victims to put violently ? someone on the same level as cat calling them, especially since some of the comments in the video seemed friendly and considerate.
    Girls internalize it all

Not all of the men in the video were being inconsiderate. The fact is that some women probably do like being cat called at least some of the time and depending on the comment, so at least some of the men might have assumed that the women would feel the same way about being complimented for their appearance as they would if the situation were reversed and women were giving them the same kind of attention.

I just skimmed over ur post ...

I'm not just speaking on what I seen in the video

Im speaking from the pov of a woman

And from what I've observed

That said i still stand by my statement that close to 50% of the time cat calls are not considerate ...than couple that with the staring and occasional touch it can be challenging walking down the street

I am speaking on those instances, not a simple "hello, how you doin"...

Yes prison ? is an issue that isn't discussed nearly enough, but that's a total different issue...and how is that exactly relevant to the point I was making in regards to female ? , street harassment not being as nearly as prevalent in other countries, cultures as it is here

With that said, i grouped ? w/ street harrassmen because I believe they are both instances of men wanting to inflicit their will on women...? obviously being the more heinous act

Naturally our brains see women as parts and not as whole ...my point is this isn't something we as a society should continue to perpetuate and encourage ...and fact is we as a society do do that ...can't watch TV or walk down a street without seeing an ad featuring a half naked woman

• zzombie
    Options
    Why are people responding to ubuntu1???? He is an admitted cuckold and potential ?
  • zzombie
    Options
    Inflicting or attempting inflict your will on others is how this society is run , ? it's how all societies are run. Every time you vote you are attempting to inflict your will on somebody.

Let's deal with the reality of male female relationships instead of trying to impose this artificial feminist moral judgment on it.
  • zzombie
    Options
    I usually don't cat call but every time a video like this comes out or some other feminist pushes some feces out of her ? it makes me double down on what I know the truth is about these sadly delusional/ evil ? .
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real

Girls internalize it all

lol@that ? made up statistic
  • desertrain10
    edited July 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Inflicting or attempting inflict your will on others is how this society is run , ? it's how all societies are run. Every time you vote you are attempting to inflict your will on somebody.

Let's deal with the reality of male female relationships instead of trying to impose this artificial feminist moral judgment on it.

The the most successful societies enjoyed longevity because they were able to curb disruptive, violent, and antisocial behavior

• desertrain10
    Options
    Let's be real

Girls internalize it all

lol@that ? made up statistic

From what I experienced, observed

45% the time men be on some borderline disrespectful, creepy ?

• zzombie
    Options

The the most successful societies enjoyed longevity because they were able to curb disruptive, violent, and antisocial behavior

Nothing is violent or anti social about cat calling and anyway you are historically wrong Rome, the mongols empire, imperial China and the British empire were extremely violent. Towards outsiders and citizens.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Does cat calling make some females uncomfortable??? I am sure it does but so the ? what. There will always be something that makes someone uncomfortable that goes for groups and individuals
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damned if you cat call...damned if you dont cat call...

cant see an add on tv without seeing a woman half naked with a gun to her head cause lord knows she was forced(paid willingly) to get undressed and walk down the street.... @desertrain10

as you stated earlier this ? dont happen in other countries cause yall out here wit leggings and ass/? print pants not to undermine the need for self control but when cats are in heat they throw that ? in a circle and a male cat gets behind her, everybody got a cat/mating call even sasquatches

now tell everyone about your cat call experiences that were "Creepy"
  • desertrain10
    edited August 2015
    Options
    We got thousands of websites and a 300+ page thread on the IC dedicated to men secretly taking pictures of womens ass and ? ....

But I'm just overstating things

Riiighhttt....
    Does cat calling make some females uncomfortable??? I am sure it does but so the ? what. There will always be something that makes someone uncomfortable that goes for groups and individuals

True

But for the greater good certain behaviors should be discouraged

Wouldn't you agree

Considering ur stance on homosexuality

• desertrain10
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »
    damned if you cat call...damned if you dont cat call...

cant see an add on tv without seeing a woman half naked with a gun to her head cause lord knows she was forced(paid willingly) to get undressed and walk down the street.... @desertrain10

as you stated earlier this ? dont happen in other countries cause yall out here wit leggings and ass/? print pants not to undermine the need for self control but when cats are in heat they throw that ? in a circle and a male cat gets behind her, everybody got a cat/mating call even sasquatches

now tell everyone about your cat call experiences that were "Creepy"

I had a dude follow me to my car and stop me from closing my door

Guys have grabbed my wrist

Guys will grab u by the waist

And don't be in a big crowd of people

Getting called out my name because I didn't bother to reply to " what up for" , "lemme get to number"

I was in highschool this old grown as ? literally couldn't keep his eyes off of me at the store with my mom than tried to mouth me his number while she wasnt looking... I dunno why I remember that ? ...probably because I was shocked and that's when I "blossomed"

Working at CVS had a guy use to come in to my job hasseling me about going out...some strange guy was calling to the job looking for me... Ended up getting a creepy ass letter signed from a secret admirer

And I don't even think I'm the most attractive, so I could only imagine the thrist some females have to endure lol

Its like some men just feel they are entitled to a woman's time and affection from the start...some women walk around with this sense of entitlement...it just manifest in different ways

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Men Catcall: ? so disrespectful to women. Reducing her to a pair of ? . What if that was your Mother or Sister in that same situation!? DAMN THIS PATRIARCHAL SOCIETY!

Men Dont Catcall: ? am I getting fat? Why dont guys talk to me anymore? I must look ugly. You know I blame men for this! Its only because I dont look like those video girls who put such an unrealistic standard of beauty on our young girls affecting my self-esteem!

...now see. If you ? was in the kitchen where you belonged you wouldn't have to worry about being catcalled on the sidewalk. Lemme find out you ? aint just going back-and-forth from the grocery store to the kitchen. Ol' "Out-and-About" busy body ass ? . Need ya ? beat is what ya need.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, Raven fell off. Them breastesses used to look magically delicious, ? .
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    Options
    We got thousands of websites and a 300+ page thread on the IC dedicated to men secretly taking pictures of womens ass and ? ....

But I'm just overstating things

Riiighhttt....

True

But for the greater good certain behaviors should be discouraged

Wouldn't you agree

Considering ur stance on homosexuality

I don't believe this is one of those behaviors because while it can be kind of tasteless ultimately cat calling has little to no negative affect on the vast majority of women