Black Lowe's Delivery Driver Replaced With White Driver At Customer Request...

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get upset in situations like this. It's like the dude wanted the privilege of serving that white hoe. He should have been happy he was replaced in this situation.

Really not the point, nor was it his call

It is the point. He said he thought Lowe's didn't stick up for him. What did he want them to do? Insist that she take him as a deliverer or not get her package. Ok, what if she gave in? Then he would have wound up having to serve her? Why would he want to do that?

She's a racist. Racist people exist. It shouldn't be news to anyone every time a racist person does some racist ? .
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ain't about this old saltine bag of ? . She'll die pretty soon, and ZFG for that.

This is about an already ? corporation pretty much backing racism instead of standing by their employees.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand why people get upset in situations like this. It's like the dude wanted the privilege of serving that white hoe. He should have been happy he was replaced in this situation.

It is the point. He said he thought Lowe's didn't stick up for him. What did he want them to do? Insist that she take him as a deliverer or not get her package. Ok, what if she gave in? Then he would have wound up having to serve her? Why would he want to do that?

She's a racist. Racist people exist. It shouldn't be news to anyone every time a racist person does some racist ? .

So you think a person's value as an employee and their ability to do their job should be at the discretion of racists?

You're really trying way too hard with this "go against the grain by any means" ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

So you think a person's value as an employee and their ability to do their job should be at the discretion of racists?

You're really trying way too hard with this "go against the grain by any means" ? .

lol Seriously? You think I'm trying hard to go against the grain by saying that I wouldn't want to perform a service for a racist person that doesn't want me performing that service? If you say so bruh. I guess you think we should all fight for the right to serve people who openly despise us.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You trying to hard.

“ I thought Lowes would stick up for me"
    Meaning he wanted his manager to take a stand against a racist customer. Not meaning he wanted to serve a racist person or be in her house.

As an employee you should go about your day w/o racism affecting your day and if it does your employer should come to your defense

You so busy trying to go against the grain you're avoiding the picture

Bingo! The manager should not have complied with her request,which is why he was fired.He should have told her to come get it or refund her purchase instead telling her why.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Hoe ? got his wake up call...

? outta here b.

Just cause dude kinda sounds white doesn't mean he's under any illusions about racism. He might be, but he also might not be.

Y'all need to stop posting this same ? any time a racial incident happens to someone who doesn't fit y'all expectations about how black people should act, sound, etc.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Wow. This is one of the most wrongheaded comments I've seen you post in all the years I've been on here.

For his employer -- who he has worked for for 11 years -- to give in to the lady's demand was surely a slap in the face. And he was right to demand that Lowe's stand up for him.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

For the black delivery guy to lay down accept this and for Lowes to going along with her unreasonable wish sets the precedent for others to do the same, be catered to, and be acceptable (again). If a higher percentage of customers act as her, they'll be more reason to discriminate against hiring black delivery drivers. Then black ppl will be complaining about hiring discrimination while being complicit in it. It already goes down with gaining employment higher paying careers (e.g., our customers would rather deal with a non-black and your co-workers would be more comfortable around a non-black so it doesn't matter if you're qualified, it's too much of a hassle for us to have you around, go look elsewhere). Why be complicit in it?

It was the managers responsibility to let the paying customer know her options. Accept the delivery, pick up the item herself, or take a refund. If possible, send another delivery person (witness) with him to ensure no unwarranted complaints are lodged. If she doesn't like the fact that Lowes hires black delivery drivers and she wants deliveries it's up to Her to shop at Lowes and accept that or shop elsewhere. For Lowes to acquiesce to a pre-judice request is to participate in blatant racism.

Ask yourself this. Can we demand the race of the police officers that patrol our communities? What if a white person demands that a black person demands bring their bags upstairs at the hotel instead a non-black person because they would rather allow the non-black person to rest because they think blacks should work harder...It sets a bad precedent to comply with that.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys seems to be missing the point of it being her house

Does anyone know if they are paid by the delivery or by the hour?
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao.

She's the type that'll refuse to enter a building because she doesn't want to touch a door handle 'a black' has used.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yall going to forget about black on black crime huh?? Smh!
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    "I thought that Lowe's would take up for me."

That ? don't know he's just a number in the system ? to them.

Fixed
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

You trying to hard.

“ I thought Lowes would stick up for me"
    Meaning he wanted his manager to take a stand against a racist customer. Not meaning he wanted to serve a racist person or be in her house.

As an employee you should go about your day w/o racism affecting your day and if it does your employer should come to your defense

You so busy trying to go against the grain you're missing the picture

Once again, I'm not trying to do anything. I'm just giving my side of that. If I was in that position, I wouldn't expect a manager who himself is just a cog in the system to try and battle a woman who has every right in this country to be the racist ? that she is. The manager isn't about to leave that money on the table just because the ? is racist, so the most that would come out of it is that he somehow convinces me to make the delivery. And my point is I wouldn't want to make the delivery under those circumstances. If I were in that position and the chick told me she didn't want me to make the delivery, I would have left her ? in the driveway. The only support I would have wanted from my manager was understanding and acceptance of what I did.

The comments ya'll making make me think that as much as ya'll whine about racism, ya'll have never actually encountered it. People in service industries have to deal with ? like this all the time. Nothing would ever get done if those people withered every time they ran into a customer that was a ? in one way or another.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ Dat old h0e showing no pity
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me in the least bit. I was a delivery driver and a delivery manager for a Lowe's in a predominantly white area. I used to tell people I wasn't doing deliveries, or my workers weren't doing them, all the time. I only got corporate called on me twice though and I ain't give a ? .

One incident I encountered had a guy being racist, belligerent and stupid as ? over the phone because he wasn't gonna get a fridge the time he wanted it. I was a manager at the time, so I didn't go on deliveries unless it was a literal last resort. I made an exception that day and showed up at dude's door like, "Yeah, what was that you were talking on the phone? I don't tolerate that type of disrespect. I expect an apology right now."

He looked shook as ? . And the funny ? was, the ? forgot to measure his doorways and the fridge was too big to fit in his house. So the little peckerwood ? still ain't get the ? . And I made him feel like a ? in his own house.

Smh... ? a Lowe's.

Why are you saying "? Lowes?" Seems like they let you get away with the type of ? ? want to get away with. It's not the fault of Lowe's that there are racists in the world.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trae the truth looking ass ? made a big fuss out of this ? ? Lol. He lives in Danville virginia. About 25 miles north of me. Them rednecks are even more racist than down here. He knows the deal. He's not losing money like that....I would've gladly drove my black ass back to the store driving 5 mph to collect my hourly check.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me in the least bit. I was a delivery driver and a delivery manager for a Lowe's in a predominantly white area. I used to tell people I wasn't doing deliveries, or my workers weren't doing them, all the time. I only got corporate called on me twice though and I ain't give a ? .

One incident I encountered had a guy being racist, belligerent and stupid as ? over the phone because he wasn't gonna get a fridge the time he wanted it. I was a manager at the time, so I didn't go on deliveries unless it was a literal last resort. I made an exception that day and showed up at dude's door like, "Yeah, what was that you were talking on the phone? I don't tolerate that type of disrespect. I expect an apology right now."

He looked shook as ? . And the funny ? was, the ? forgot to measure his doorways and the fridge was too big to fit in his house. So the little peckerwood ? still ain't get the ? . And I made him feel like a ? in his own house.

Smh... ? a Lowe's.

Why are you saying "? Lowes?" Seems like they let you get away with the type of ? ? want to get away with. It's not the fault of Lowe's that there are racists in the world.

True. A more apropos exclamation may be, "? Lowe's clientele."

• optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When that old ? has a heart attack they should send 2 black paramedics, then we'll see if she's really bout that life
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    When that old ? has a heart attack they should send 2 black paramedics, then we'll see if she's really bout that life

White people would go to hell willingly if they found out Jesus is black
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    Trae the truth looking ass ? made a big fuss out of this ? ? Lol. He lives in Danville virginia. About 25 miles north of me. Them rednecks are even more racist than down here. He knows the deal. He's not losing money like that....I would've gladly drove my black ass back to the store driving 5 mph to collect my hourly check.

? just overreacting due to his wake up call.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »

White people would go to hell willingly if they found out Jesus is black

That's not even a joke. It's absolute truth. White people have a long established history of going against their own best interests just to stick it to black people.