Wasted Potential

Options

Comments

• 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    Oscar de la Hoya blueprint for Floyd Mayweather on how to beat him

Nah, only cotto (now) could beat mayweather if anybody.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    It was a joke
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prince naseem

Zab
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Allen Iverson

Poor diet, stayed up all night, never seen a weight room, didn't work on his game or attitude

Despite all that he is my favorite player of all time. Goat little guy. Best pound 4 pound. He even made it to a 3 point contest even though he looked high as hell. He could of extended his career and shattered records.
    Tracey McGrady. The ? was great. Period.

Shaq. As great a center as he was (and he's my favorite center ever) had he been dedicated to exercise and eating right, he could be Tim duncan in the league right now. He guaranteed first ballot but Shaq had the potential to be the unchallenged GOAT center

Maurice Clarett. Damn homie. At OSU u was the man homie....

Bo Jackson. I mean easily may have been the greatest pure athlete ever.

Some may say it's too early to call, but I'm throwing in the white flag on the ? D. Rose. Too many injuries. He'll never be at his peak again, but he could've been an all time great in the NBA

All of these, plucked these picks right from my brain. AI & Bo Jackson are the worst cases though IMO: AI for assassinating his own career and Bo because a freak injury robbed the world of seeing arguably the purest natural athlete the world has ever seen.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Williams too....he was CP3 before CP3. Damn motorcycles
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Micheal Moore the boxer
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Cecil The Diesel Collins (LSU RB) - beast RB but unfortunately beast off the field too (in a bad way)
    Ike Ibeabuchi (boxer)
    Lawrence Phillips
    Charlie Ward - chose NBA over NFL but think he would've done well as a QB in the league
    Charles Rodgers - was closest thing to Randy Moss in college i think
    Sean Taylor (RIP) - no fault of his of course but i believe my boy was a future HOF.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Allen Iverson

Poor diet, stayed up all night, never seen a weight room, didn't work on his game or attitude

Despite all that he is my favorite player of all time. Goat little guy. Best pound 4 pound. He even made it to a 3 point contest even though he looked high as hell. He could of extended his career and shattered records.

Yeah I was gonna say this.

You forgot the alcohol.

The way that new book tells it, the man is an alcoholic.

Knowing that now, IMHO he's basically the Mickey Mantle of Basketball. Mantle was a notorious alcoholic who was either ? or hungover during damn near every game.

Mantle also tore his ACL in his rookie year and never had it properly treated because the surgeries didn't exist.

So yeah, it tells you how great guys like that really were that they could basically trash their bodies and still be some of the best athletes ever. Keep Mantle healthy & sober and people speculate that dude coulda hit 800 home runs. Keep Iverson healthy & sober and dude retires with 30,000+ points.

I just hope A.I don't go out as a sad ? with liver disease like Mantle smh....
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Micheal Moore the boxer
    Don't think he was wasted potential, hell he won the Heavyweight title, dude just had a glass chin and unfortunately that's something you can't fix.
  • Rampage12
    edited August 2015
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Cecil The Diesel Collins (LSU RB) - beast RB but unfortunately beast off the field too (in a bad way)
    Ike Ibeabuchi (boxer)
    Lawrence Phillips
    Charlie Ward - chose NBA over NFL but think he would've done well as a QB in the league
    Sean Taylor (RIP) - no fault of his of course but i believe my boy was a future HOF.

Co-sign on Ike. Alot of people thought he could've been one of the best Heavyweights ever. He was 20-0 with 15 KO's and had already laid beatdowns on Chris Byrd and David Tua while they were both in their primes before he ended up ? and beating the ? out of that stripper which he ended up doing 15 years for.

No-sign on Charlie he knew he was too small to play QB in the NFL and would make better money in the NBA either way.

And Cecil Collins was just a freaking weirdo. Dude liked to break into girl's rooms and sniff their panties and caress them while they were sleeping and ? . He got kicked out of LSU for that ? and then kept pulling the same stunt in the NFL, at least he didn't pull a Najeh Davenport and drop deuces in their rooms though.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cosign the nosign on Charlie Ward. He was too small for the NFL. He did the right thing going to the NBA.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Antoine Walker dude was a walking triple double.. who had a rocky marriage with the 3 pt line and injuries he could have been a HOF

in before @Dwo 15 paragraphs on Zab Judah.. shouldnt have said ZAB JUDAH!!!!!
    :bawling:
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andrew Bynum he got paid and lack of work ethic

Should be one of the best big man in the league right not. Probably had the best offensive potential.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Andrew Bynum he got paid and lack of work ethic

Should be one of the best big man in the league right not. Probably had the best offensive potential.

If you watched him up close aside from him being an idiot he had a penchant for stupid fouls, traveling, and losing the ball by getting stripped in the post his footwork was horrible too.. He had a potential for being good.. but he hadn't event found his lane yet... he thought he was better than he was.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    Ike Ibeabuchi (boxer)
    Lawrence Phillips

Co-sign on Ike. Alot of people thought he could've been one of the best Heavyweights ever. He was 20-0 with 15 KO's and had already laid beatdowns on Chris Byrd and David Tua while they were both in their primes before he ended up ? and beating the ? out of that stripper which he ended up doing 15 years for.

No-sign on Charlie he knew he was too small to play QB in the NFL and would make better money in the NBA either way.

And Cecil Collins was just a freaking weirdo. Dude liked to break into girl's rooms and sniff their panties and caress them while they were sleeping and ? . He got kicked out of LSU for that ? and then kept pulling the same stunt in the NFL, at least he didn't pull a Najeh Davenport and drop deuces in their rooms though.

Cecil was peeking at a girl down here in fort lauderdale in 1999 I think and got 15 yrs for it. Smh
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Antoine Walker dude was a walking triple double.. who had a rocky marriage with the 3 pt line and injuries he could have been a HOF

in before @Dwo 15 paragraphs on Zab Judah.. shouldnt have said ZAB JUDAH!!!!!
    :bawling:
    naw i'm not gonna do 15 paragraphs on zab judah...

yoel ? over his son when he wouldn't let go and let others help train him till the ? was in his mid 30's
  • Lord_Hades_08
    Lord_Hades_08 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    I cosign the nosign on Charlie Ward. He was too small for the NFL. He did the right thing going to the NBA.

He coulda been like flutie
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Jay Williams too....he was CP3 before CP3. Damn motorcycles

hell Nah
  • Rampage12
    Options
    I still don't know how the FSU team that had Ward, Bobby Sura, and Sam Cassell didn't at least make a Final Four.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Speaking of FSU QB's, ? Xavier Lee he came off the bench and beat Alabama in Saban's first year and then washed out with the quickness. He seemingly had all the tools too. Adrian McPherson also, at least he's paid though he won like a $5 million lawsuit from the Titans from getting ran over by their mascot while he was driving a golf cart.