Woman: I’m black, but I’m uncomfortable around black people

Options
124»

Comments

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read the joint, and a lot of it seems to stem from her not having a firm grasp on who she is as a person. Some of that I attribute to her parents for not at least laying some sort of foundation. They themselves were probably too busy forgetting who they were to pass on some knowledge to their daughter.

And I don't mean mean being stereotypical or any of that dumb ? , I'm talking about them passing on what it means to be black and the positive things that come with it. Had they done that, and exposed her to the diversity of our people/her people, she never would have been so concerned with "acting black" and superficial ? like handshakes. Smh. And she would have been more proud of who she was as a person and never would have allowed herself to be subjected to those cave dwellers and their stupid ass racism. Smh, again.

Some of our own are so disenfranchised. ? is disheartening as a muthafucka.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all talk that "? are like snowflakes, we're all different" ? till you get pulled over and get treated like the criminal they think you are
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is a quip?
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Wtf is a quip?

Lmao.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't know black women had a handshake. I would a been confused AF too
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The author is a lame. 2 things:

1.) It appears that black people in this country are only permitted to exist within two identities that are diametrically opposed: 1. the ? ; 2. the "uncle tom." The former tries to fit the white man's standard of what they believe a black person is, and the latter is one that tries to be a white man himself. Both of these identities act as control mechanisms to hinder each man's prospective potential to himself and his community.

2.) Many Black folk on this site are idiots who refuse to read anything longer than a tweet. What's the purpose of coming to a messageboard to NOT read? That's stupid. However, it's not that initial stupidity that's bad, it's that they formulate pseudo-opinions on information that they refused to analyze in the first place. It has become too common in the black community for many of us to speak on ? we don't know about. Lacking knowledge is not cute.

Critical thinking can rectify these hindrances to progress.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    2.) Many Black folk on this site are idiots who refuse to read anything longer than a tweet. What's the purpose of coming to a messageboard to NOT read? That's stupid. However, it's not that initial stupidity that's bad, it's that they formulate pseudo-opinions on information that they refused to analyze in the first place. It has become too common in the black community for many of us to speak on ? we don't know about. Lacking knowledge is not cute.

GOAted for this.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    She grew up in a white neighborhood and got fed that propaganda about blacks.....

In essence she truly was a white person because she shares the same mind they have so the black folks that were saying she wasnt "black enough" had a point...maybe it wasnt said in a more sensitive manner but they had a point.

Black folks weren't saying that to her, it was the white folks she grew up around..therefore when she finally was around black people she felt paranoid that they felt the same way.

This touch a nerve Kat?

No not really. I was raised around white people so whereas she was paranoid as how black people perceived her, I'm fully aware of how alot of white people perceive me.

I don't give a ? how I'm perceived tbh, by white or black. I know who I am.

And how do u think u are preceived by white people?

Calm down Dr Phil.