Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    I dont know if this is real... i don't see it on any valid sites

its real I was watching the stream
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Apple music claimed it was supposed to be better for artists. Even major labels don't have that kinda control over artists.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Apple music claimed it was supposed to be better for artists. Even major labels don't have that kinda control over artists.

Its not about artist control. They have a contract with drake for radio, streaming and promotion. Why would they let another company do the same ? they can do and not eat when they're footing the bill for that ? exclusively??
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a case of "he said, she said" between Drake, Apple Music and Tidal as the rapper's manager claims Apple Music had nothing to do with Tidal not streaming Drake's set during Lil Wayne's Hurricane Katrina benefit.

In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Future the Prince says it was Drake's choice not to stream his performance at Lil Weezyana Festival for Tidal. Previous reports claimed Apple Music threatened Tidal with a $20 million lawsuit if they aired the rapper's performance. Prince claims Tidal was aware of the decision, but used it as a marketing ploy to make Apple Music look like the villain between the streaming services.

"The decision to not have Drake participate in the Tidal stream has nothing to do with Apple or Drake's deal," Prince told BuzzFeed News. "Point blank, 100%. I made a business decision. Apple doesn't have the power to stop us from being part of a live stream. The only people that have the power to do that are Cash Money and Universal, and they're our partners. I don't understand.. If you're going to say something about the situation publicly, you should tell the truth. They saw the opportunity to take a situation and spin it in their favor as a publicity stunt."

Prince also stated Apple as a company cannot file a lawsuit about Drake's likeness because they don't have the power to. Drake performed the tracks "Back to Back" and "HYFR" with Lil Wayne at the benefit for children affected by Hurricane Katrina.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could have been tidal trying to get some additional pub.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its not about artist control. They have a contract with drake for radio, streaming and promotion. Why would they let another company do the same ? they can do and not eat when they're footing the bill for that ? exclusively??

But that is artist control. He's making exclusive music for them, as a regular gig with them, and will be having exclusive performances for them. Those are the perks of her deal. Drake doing a charity performance for free for another promotion doesn't really change what he's doing for them. They don't just want exclusive rights to perks from him. They want exclusive rights to him period. That's pretty much the definition of artist control.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I dont know what to believe , what I do know is that Drake killed his performance at Lil Weezyana Fest 2015
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can't help but get that slavemaster vibe from Apple here
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If i give you 20 mill you gone do what i say when i say it. Drake aint got no control over that. I hope apple and the birdman lawsuit put jayz ass out of business.

Dame>>>>>>jigga man
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    So drake being signed to Wayne means ? ?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drakes manager basically said Tidal was trolling and Apple doesn't have that type of control.

“The decision to not have Drake participate in the Tidal steam has nothing to do with Apple or Drake’s deal. Point blank, 100%. I made a business decision. Apple doesn’t have the power to stop us from being part of a live stream. The only people that have the power to do that are Cash Money and Universal, and they’re our partners.

I don’t understand. If you’re going to say something about the situation publicly, you should tell the truth. They saw the opportunity to take a situation and spin it in their favor as a publicity stunt.

We wanted to make sure the stream represented us in the right way, and we didn’t have much insight into what they were doing. Aesthetics and quality are important to us and we didn’t have any control over that or time to investigate it. We were just there to participate in the benefit.

Yea right.... So Drake decided he didn't want his part to be streamed becuz he didn't know if the stream was gonna be up to their personal quality???? Gtfoh Drake and your manager who y'all think y'all fooling lol
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tidal was a failure
    Roc Nation was a failure minus j cole
    Roc sports was a failure
    Stole Rocawear from Dame

Jayz stacking up L's like Pringles Chips.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea right..... ? tryna save Apple face from looking ? 'd up for cutting a performance and threating to sue over a damn charity event..... So y'all cut out his part becuz y'all didn't know if the quality of the stream was gonna be good enough for you??? Gtfoh lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone know ? signed up for tidal? Like i legit never heard a ? say they peeped their tidal account.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So networks like MTV, BET, CBS,etc need permission to show Drake and other Apple artist when they perform at award shows now? I can see music being copyrighted, but how do they have rights to performance coverage.

I need a legit source before i believe this.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Does anyone know ? signed up for tidal? Like i legit never heard a ? say they peeped their tidal account.

Thats because hockey players are not our target audience.

? you played radiohead at your press conference and had jack white and chris martin on board for the launch. if that isn't going after hockey players not sure what is lol.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this is what hip hop has come to now?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple is a plantation. They got these slaves shook and scared to fight back. Them mfs even got the record labels shook. Youtube is the overseer. lo
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Tidal was a failure
    Roc Nation was a failure minus j cole
    Roc sports was a failure
    Stole Rocawear from Dame

Jayz stacking up L's like Pringles Chips.

Roc Nation also has Rita Ora (a beautiful Brit) and manages several rappers and producers

and how did he steal rocawear from dame? While Dame was stealing money from beans and not doing his job correctly and collecting something like $60mill from universal that was meant for jay
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Why do you guys need a source when TIDAL said the ? wtf
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause Drake just contradicted them smart dumb ?