Dispatcher in Tamir Rice case resigned from Cleveland pig department...

Options

Comments

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    NCswag wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    I blame the dude who called it in more than anyone esle.

I mean, he said it looked like a fake gun....said the kid was probably harmless.....but still decided to call 911 anyway.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

He did the right thing ? . Are you serious????!!!

@NCswag how did he do the right thing by calling the police on a kid playing with a toy gun

Supposedly this kid was waving the gun around pointing it at people, and you mean to tell me none of the people he pointed the gun at called the police, maybe they didn't call because they knew it was fake

That caller should have left it up to the people that had direct contact with the kid to call the police, seeing as if a crime was being committed then they would be considered the victims, cuz it's not like he was holding them hostage

You MUST be posting for shock value right now. You can't fault that man for basically going overboard and saying that the joint might be fake in the call so many times. You should blame the ? cips, not the dude that called the cops.

if that ? couldn't tell the difference between a fake or real gun then he should of stayed out of it

Give evetyone your email so we can contact you the next time we see some potentially dangerous ? going down so you can go check it out for me before we call the cops.

? on here act so out of touch with reality in their statements some times that it's almost laughable. I hope you don't just walk by goofy ? waving guns at in a park at random folks wit out calling cops. Better yet, I hope you don't just walk up to folks and ask them what type of gun it is like you're got damn skin is teflon. Smarten up son.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

I mean, he said it looked like a fake gun....said the kid was probably harmless.....but still decided to call 911 anyway.

@NCswag how did he do the right thing by calling the police on a kid playing with a toy gun

Supposedly this kid was waving the gun around pointing it at people, and you mean to tell me none of the people he pointed the gun at called the police, maybe they didn't call because they knew it was fake

That caller should have left it up to the people that had direct contact with the kid to call the police, seeing as if a crime was being committed then they would be considered the victims, cuz it's not like he was holding them hostage

You MUST be posting for shock value right now. You can't fault that man for basically going overboard and saying that the joint might be fake in the call so many times. You should blame the ? cips, not the dude that called the cops.

if that ? couldn't tell the difference between a fake or real gun then he should of stayed out of it

Damn, you cold blooded.

naw what's cold blooded is the fact a 12 year old boy is dead because of poor judgment on all adults involved behalf

If the caller was so concerned that this kid was waving and pointing a gun at people, who by the way didn't call the police, then he should of caught up to those who had the gun pointed at them and asked them about the situation before making a broad assumption that led to the death of a kid over a toy

Are you trolling right now lol? Or just being petty because you want this caller to be wrong for whatever reason? The fault lies in the reckless actions of the responding officers, as well as the negligence and incompetence of the dispatcher. You mean to tell me that if I look out my window from the 3rd floor and see someone who looks like they're being robbed, I need to run downstairs outside to conduct an interview before I call police? Are you serious? You can call the police on a hunch if something doesnt feel right. That has saved many a life. It is the responsibility of first responders to assess and make appropriate choices to resolve those incidents. The caller thought some ? was going down and did the right thing.

your scenario doesn't fit with what actually happened so there's no comparison

If someone witness a crime being committed then hey do what you feel is best, but in this situation the caller didn't feel as though it was a robbery taking place because that is not what he reported

And judging by what he reported, i gather he felt there was no immediate danger, therefore if he wanted to involve himself in the situation he should have assessed it before making such a broad assumption

Once me and my friends went swimming on good side of town, and on the way home we started chucking small rocks, crab apples, or whatever small objects we could find at each other, being boys, and next thing you know 3 squads pull up with cops hopping out hands on holsters ready to draw, why?, because some ? looking out a window dialed 911 claiming a group of black teens were throwing rocks at cars busting windows, mind you I was the eldest of the bunch being 10, but to the ? we were teens smh

That adult that made the call could've easily came out and spoke to us but being the spineless coward that most adults are nowadays he chose to involve the police in situation where they weren't needed
  • Ol Jay's
    edited September 2015
    Options

Give evetyone your email so we can contact you the next time we see some potentially dangerous ? going down so you can go check it out for me before we call the cops.

? on here act so out of touch with reality in their statements some times that it's almost laughable. I hope you don't just walk by goofy ? waving guns at in a park at random folks wit out calling cops. Better yet, I hope you don't just walk up to folks and ask them what type of gun it is like you're got damn skin is teflon. Smarten up son.

1st i never said walk up to the kid with the gun, 2nd why is it my responsibility to call the cops and not the alleged people whom the gun was being pointed at

I seen the video which was about 15 minutes before the cops showed up and never once did I see the people the gun was pointed at, leaving me to believe if that even happened those people had ample amount of time to call the cops which they didn't, so where was the real danger

Y'all keep associating false fear with real danger and as the outcome we have a 12 year old boy dead for no justifiable reason, while y'all play make believe of what possible danger could've exist when there was none, yet im out of touch with reality, riiightt
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall are giving the caller too much credit as if he didn't simply see a suspicious black and tattled
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Yall are giving the caller too much credit as if he didn't simply see a suspicious black and tattled

He may have or may have not. But the call placed was not concerning a suspicious black male who simply appeared to be up to no good. The call was in reference to a person with a gun. That's a completely different scenario. If I see anyone waving a gun around, I'd call. That's not a matter of perception. That's dangerous.
  • Ol Jay's
    Options

that's all it is bro
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

Damn, you cold blooded.

naw what's cold blooded is the fact a 12 year old boy is dead because of poor judgment on all adults involved behalf

If the caller was so concerned that this kid was waving and pointing a gun at people, who by the way didn't call the police, then he should of caught up to those who had the gun pointed at them and asked them about the situation before making a broad assumption that led to the death of a kid over a toy

Are you trolling right now lol? Or just being petty because you want this caller to be wrong for whatever reason? The fault lies in the reckless actions of the responding officers, as well as the negligence and incompetence of the dispatcher. You mean to tell me that if I look out my window from the 3rd floor and see someone who looks like they're being robbed, I need to run downstairs outside to conduct an interview before I call police? Are you serious? You can call the police on a hunch if something doesnt feel right. That has saved many a life. It is the responsibility of first responders to assess and make appropriate choices to resolve those incidents. The caller thought some ? was going down and did the right thing.

your scenario doesn't fit with what actually happened so there's no comparison

If someone witness a crime being committed then hey do what you feel is best, but in this situation the caller didn't feel as though it was a robbery taking place because that is not what he reported

And judging by what he reported, i gather he felt there was no immediate danger, therefore if he wanted to involve himself in the situation he should have assessed it before making such a broad assumption

Once me and my friends went swimming on good side of town, and on the way home we started chucking small rocks, crab apples, or whatever small objects we could find at each other, being boys, and next thing you know 3 squads pull up with cops hopping out hands on holsters ready to draw, why?, because some ? looking out a window dialed 911 claiming a group of black teens were throwing rocks at cars busting windows, mind you I was the eldest of the bunch being 10, but to the ? we were teens smh

That adult that made the call could've easily came out and spoke to us but being the spineless coward that most adults are nowadays he chose to involve the police in situation where they weren't needed

That's a bias, sir. It sounds like you had a bad experience, and as a result, you have your own idea of how such situations should be handled. That does not work in theory, nor practice. Again, even in the scenario you were involved in, fault rests on the responding officer, who had no business showing up with guns drawn. As an emergency operator, I would never advise a caller to go check things out to make sure police assistance is needed. The police have training, experience, and procedural guidelines. Callers do not. People make calls all day long about witnessing someone breaking into a car, only to find that it was someone that locked their keys in their vehicle, etc. That happens ALL DAY LONG, and usually without violent police incident. People are going to call the police when they feel something may be wrong. Because this is going to happen, the responsibility of evaluating the scene and making the appropriate judgement rests on the cop that responds.
  • Trillfate
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ob, can dispatchers be held criminally liable in cases resulting in death?

If no, why not?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

If no, why not?

Yea they can. They can go to jail. They can be fired. It would have to be such a gross display of negligence that it rarely happens for a dispatcher to be criminally charged. You would damn near have to not send fire trucks to a burning house with kids in it.

But, yes it's possible. You can get in all kinds of trouble. I been subpoenaed twice this year.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

If no, why not?

I been subpoenaed twice this year.

jRI98Km.gif

@obnoxiouslyfresh

What were you subpoenaed for?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

If no, why not?

I been subpoenaed twice this year.

http://i.imgur.com/jRI98Km.gif

@obnoxiouslyfresh

What were you subpoenaed for?

For a burglar alarm where I gave out the wrong apartment number and this lady's house was ran through.

The other incident I cant speak on cause it hasnt gone to trial but it wasn't any fault of mine.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait... OB in here defending that pos ? caller?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    wait... OB in here defending that pos ? caller?

@Brother_Five

What is wrong with calling the police when you see someone waving and pointing a gun? What do yall know that I didnt read? Maybe I missed something
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    I don't play that faux objectivity game... these bigots constantly call the police on black ppl for no real reason.
    I have no reason to believe the callers account when the video shows a kid chilling for mad long before the jakes show up and murder him in cold blood.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    I don't play that faux objectivity game... these bigots constantly call the police on black ppl for no real reason.
    I have no reason to believe the callers account when the video shows a kid chilling for mad long before the jakes show up and murder him in cold blood.

that aint me trying to be objective. If I see anybody with a gun, im calling.
  • Brother_Five
    Options

lol... Ohio is an open carry state... it would be weird for u to call the police every time u saw someone with a gun.
    RIP John Crawford....
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's not unusual to see someone with a gun here, hell even in certain areas at the airport
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

lol... Ohio is an open carry state... it would be weird for u to call the police every time u saw someone with a gun.
    RIP John Crawford....

In an open carry state, or a conceal carry state, I would call the police on someone I witnessed pointing, waving, or approaching people with a gun. That is unlawful use of a weapon. Being in an open carry state does not mean that there are not laws and responsibilities that govern gun ownership. Now maybe I am not as familiar with this case as some of you all are, but if he was walking around pointing a gun (or fake gun) at people, waving it around, and yall mad cause somebody called the police? Really?
  • Brother_Five
    Options

RIP John Crawford....

In an open carry state, or a conceal carry state, I would call the police on someone I witnessed pointing, waving, or approaching people with a gun. That is unlawful use of a weapon. Being in an open carry state does not mean that there are not laws and responsibilities that govern gun ownership. Now maybe I am not as familiar with this case as some of you all are, but if he was walking around pointing a gun (or fake gun) at people, waving it around, and yall mad cause somebody called the police? Really?

he was in a ? playground being a ? kid... where are all theses ppl he was terrorizing?
    they said John Crawford was doing the same ? ...
    these ppl have a history of lying and getting black ppl killed.
    i don't know why u taking this pos at his word... he probably didn't see ? with his ? ass...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

RIP John Crawford....

he was in a ? playground being a ? kid... where are all theses ppl he was terrorizing?
    i don't know why u taking this pos at his word... he probably didn't see ? with his ? ass...

Well again, I may not have all of the details and didn't follow the story as closely as you did.

But from what yall saying, it doesnt sound at all like an unnecessary reason to call police. I would definitely call if I saw a kid in a park with a gun. Yall lost me. Sorry
  • Brother_Five
    edited September 2015
    Options

RIP John Crawford....

Well again, I may not have all of the details and didn't follow the story as closely as you did.

But from what yall saying, it doesnt sound at all like an unnecessary reason to call police. I would definitely call if I saw a kid in a park with a gun. Yall lost me. Sorry

and you would be complicit in the death of a child... how do u sleep at night?
    edit:
    like what exactly is calling the police going to accomplish?
    if its a real gun and he wanted pop off u calling the police aint helping anyone...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

RIP John Crawford....

edit:
    if its a real gun and he wanted pop off u calling the police aint helping anyone...

Dude. Police have ended up killing people who were seeking help after a car accident. Are you saying that I shouldn't call the police if I see someone in a car accident, because I could be complicit in a murder? That's ridiculous. The responsibility is that of the police to handle those incidents properly. And you're wrong. You can help if someone's about to pop off. It happens all the time.
  • Trillfate
    Options

RIP John Crawford....

Not mad per se... but when whites call the cops on black ppl their intentions arent genuine some of the time.. If u, Ob called at least it wasn't out of malice, but a legit concern.

Furthermore, the caller pretty much Knew it was a fake gun, so as i said he called to stir up ?
  • Brother_Five
    Options

RIP John Crawford....

edit:

Dude. Police have ended up killing people who were seeking help after a car accident. Are you saying that I shouldn't call the police if I see someone in a car accident, because I could be complicit in a murder? That's ridiculous. The responsibility is that of the police to handle those incidents properly. And you're wrong. You can help if someone's about to pop off. It happens all the time.

i forgot the cops have teleporters and can get to the scene of a potential shooting using their pre-crime technology just in time to prevent it...
    and no you shouldn't call the police when an accident occurs, you should call medical emergency personnel...
    the problem with police reform is that ppl rely to heavily on them.
    the literature dating back to the 1970s shows that their rapid response does nothing to prevent crime.
    by the time cops arrive on the scene ? is done and the suspect has been long gone.
    u can do whatver u want, but u gotta get all the way the ? out of here thinking u some type of good samaritan...
    calling the cops because u see a child playing with a toy gun in the park is some clown ? ... yes, the caller knew it was a toy.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

RIP John Crawford....

edit:

i forgot the cops have teleporters and can get to the scene of a potential shooting using their pre-crime technology just in time to prevent it...

Cute. But, this actually does happen quite frequently. I get calls all day long that are pre-emptive and yes batteries, shootings, robberies are thwarted all the time. You're thinking very singular about it.

and no you shouldn't call the police when an accident occurs, you should call medical emergency personnel...

You dont decide who responds when you dial 911. You can call and ask for an ambulance and the police may still show based on the nature of the call. A caller does not control that. The majority of the time, police are needed on scene to confirm that EMS is needed. They won't even go through the trouble of sending an ambulance until police determine that there is a bonafide incident. You're kind of clueless, evidently, so maybe you should keep your comments to yourself unless you don't mind people knowing that you have no idea what you're talking about.

the problem with police reform is that ppl rely to heavily on them.
    the literature dating back to the 1970s shows that their rapid response does nothing to prevent crime.
    by the time cops arrive on the scene ? is done and the suspect has been long gone.
    u can do whatver u want, but u gotta get all the way the ? out of here thinking u some type of good samaritan...
    calling the cops because u see a child playing with a toy gun in the park is some clown ? ... yes, the caller knew it was a toy.

Had you thoroughly examined "the literature" that you speak of, you would know that this refers to certain classifications of crimes. Now I've stated several times that maybe you have a better understanding of this case than I do. My understanding was that he saw someone with a gun, but was not certain if it was real or not.