Better Overall Wrestler - Cham Edition: John Cena vs. Kane

Options

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    cena is unorthodox and at times sloppy but u cant say he doesnt at least add to his arsenal for big matches. cena has been a terribly stale character but when it comes to the big matches he does his part. hence some of the great matches he's been a part of over the last few years. like u said, cant think of any great matches kane's been apart of. sure his character has evolved but for me, after he went from evil big red machine with a talk box to dealing with tori & xpac it was a wrap for me. had some funny/cool moments in between but i never really cared for that character like that again outside that dope finger eleven theme. i can understand him taking more l's/putting more people over as well, its not like he was booked as a main/top guy consistently. props for surviving all these years as the one of the last of vinces off the wall characters and for being an agile and durable big guy but....

...but you voted for Kane
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    upon further review
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    Cena is sloppy all the time, when has he had a crisp match? He cant even throw a crisp punch, Kane throws one of the best right hooks ive seen in the buisness... Cena "tries" to add new moves for big matches but they end up looking more ? than the ? moves he already has....
  • blu197
    Options
    Kane
    Cena literally botching punches on Kane ironically
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-AwgwagYZ7s
    Cena no selling Reigns Spear
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XHz_Ho3aTtM
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Cena
    Kane put over both Jericho and mysterio. you're crying because he no sold a lionsault and frog splash?

Kane was written off tv before he feuded with cena. due to either injury or just time off

and you're calling Kane's move set sloppy...in defense of john cena

lol
    you're better than this

Cena has better matches than Kane. Thats my point, end of. Kane no-sells like Cena does so whats the complaint when Cena does it?

Yall ? nitpick Cena to death but dont have the same standards for every one else.

Kane moveset is stale as ? . He uses at most 4 moves and never added another finish its always the chokeslam or the tombstone but Cena moveset is stale?

Kane move set includes Right punch, right uppercut, flying clothesline (from the top rope) a side slam and a finisher. Thats it.

Occasionally, for ? and giggles he does a dropkick.

Kane is good for a man his size but over the span of his career he hasn't had the same match quality as Cena, period.

Just because ? love to hate dude lets not get ridiculous.
  • blu197
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    jono wrote: »
    Kane put over both Jericho and mysterio. you're crying because he no sold a lionsault and frog splash?

Kane was written off tv before he feuded with cena. due to either injury or just time off

lol
    you're better than this

Cena has better matches than Kane. Thats my point, end of. Kane no-sells like Cena does so whats the complaint when Cena does it?

Yall ? nitpick Cena to death but dont have the same standards for every one else.

Kane moveset is stale as ? . He uses at most 4 moves and never added another finish its always the chokeslam or the tombstone but Cena moveset is stale?

Kane move set includes Right punch, right uppercut, flying clothesline (from the top rope) a side slam and a finisher. Thats it.

Kane is good for a man his size but over the span of his career he hasn't had the same match quality as Cena, period.

527b1c65ced262e008000014.gif

Bruh if you seriously don't know the difference between no selling bc of booking (Kane) and no selling bc of breaking kayfabe (Cena) then with all due respect you're slow af... Plus you sound ? saying "his fisher has always been a Chockeslam and tombstone" And? That like somebody complaining that Rocks finisher has always been Ppl Elbow and Rock Bottom or Brocks the F5...

And you tryn to play my ? Kane on his moveset when it's easily better than Cenas, this video is pure ETHER and shows Kane is the better wrestler, Cena can't do half the moves Kane displays, y'all ? are just exposing your selves showing that you don't know ? about wrestling or didn't watch wrestling back then like i suspect...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kane
    i woulda never guessed there's a top 15 moves of kane lmao

first move

UPPERCUT

second

DROPKICK

2q81pty.jpg

L22l_3DZ_original.gif
  • blu197
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    i woulda never guessed there's a top 15 moves of kane lmao

first move

UPPERCUT

second

DROPKICK

2q81pty.jpg

L22l_3DZ_original.gif

Yea, pretty sad that that alone makes him a better wrestler than Cena, Cena can't do a crisp uppercut or a dropkick...
  • blu197
    Options
    Kane
    Nah but seriously this is the real ETHER that proves Kane is a better wrestler than Cena....

Top 50 moves of Kane
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Apsltb8VhL4
    /Thread
  • jono
    Options
    John Cena
    Kane been a thing since 98, he probably did some cool ? at one point but that wasnt a regular thing. I saw Kane do a droptoe hold once but i wouldnt count that as a move. That would be like counting headlocks as a move
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kane
    great, add knee lift and corner choke to the list, "this is awesome"
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Kane

lol
    you're better than this

I don't hate cena. and my argument isn't based on hate. it's based on my respect for Kane

I already mentioned Kane doesn't have a great match. but you started bringing up dumb ? like him no selling cruiserweights. your argument was flabby and sick from the jump
  • jono
    Options
    John Cena

lol
    you're better than this

I don't hate cena. and my argument isn't based on hate. it's based on my respect for Kane

I already mentioned Kane doesn't have a great match. but you started bringing up dumb ? like him no selling cruiserweights. your argument was flabby and sick from the jump

Dude is talking about him no-selling Rollins who aint that much bigger than the people I mentioned which furthers my point that they are just "cruiserweights" when someone else does it but for some reason its an original sin when Cena does it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kane
    seriously tho, in ring wise is a wash in favor of john cena and i cant respect ur opinion if u think other wise based on what we seen this year alone.

i can understand the opinion of kane having a better character although i disagree(corporate kane, non dominant big man kane, emotional kane, lacefront kane)

yall seriously think kane a better talker too tho? with a talk box from a smoking commercial for the first few years of his career? Really?
  • Already Home_17
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    seriously tho, in ring wise is a wash in favor of john cena and i cant respect ur opinion if u think other wise based on what we seen this year alone.

i can understand the opinion of kane having a better character although i disagree(corporate kane, non dominant big man kane, emotional kane, lacefront kane)

yall seriously think kane a better talker too tho? with a talk box from a smoking commercial for the first few years of his career? Really?

word
    that springboard stunner, firemans carry and lazy ass stf is a thing of beauty...

keep it real. you were more impressed with neville, owens, rollins etc. performances in those matches than anything cena did

both are good promos, although kane has less cringe worthy promos than cena
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane

word
    that springboard stunner, firemans carry and lazy ass stf is a thing of beauty...

keep it real. you were more impressed with neville, owens, rollins etc. performances in those matches than anything cena did

i can admit easily that those arent the best moves, the point is, they are much more entertaining (well not the stunner) than "big boot, side slam and uppercut" cena got 2-4 match of the year candidates this year, kane got none in his career, idk why u'd even waste time tryna make that argument. and yes kane has less pandering promos, thats it, it helps to have a period of time in your career when ur an actual monster and cant talk.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Kane

word

i can admit easily that those arent the best moves, the point is, they are much more entertaining (well not the stunner) than "big boot, side slam and uppercut" cena got 2-4 match of the year candidates this year, kane got none in his career, idk why u'd even waste time tryna make that argument. and yes kane has less pandering promos, thats it, it helps to have a period of time in your career when ur an actual monster and cant talk.

uh....I wasn't
    I said on the first page Kane has a lot of good matches, yet not 1 great match
    can y'all read?

y'all cats be in the raw, ppv threads cringing at cena's every offensive move. don't come and here and try to big up his move set now

Kane's one arm chokeslams >>> cena's AA
    Kane's uppercuts >>> cena punching air

tumblr_nup7cp0OQd1rnjfjfo1_r1_500.gif

btw Kane's been talking for 15 years. you're stuck on the 3 years he used a voice box. yet excusing 10 years of corny cena promos

you cats are hilarious

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kane

word

so what is we talkin bout here bro? cena's a worse wrestler but with better matches? kane a better overall wrestler except for the actual wrestling part?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    cena's promos can be corny as ? im not excusing that, they also can be great as well, whats so great about kane's promos when he is actually talking? i dont remember ? lately but his role in the db vignettes (which was much easier to sit through than watching kane in their tag team). and of course cena's moves are blotchy and unpolished, but as trash(i wouldnt say trash but the usual suspects would) cena offense is, kane's is that much more worse/boring. but hey if he's entertained yall over these last 18 years soo much more than cena then so be it. at this point im convinced u ? would seriously make a case for great khali or heidenrich over cena.

seinfeld.gif
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    During the time Heidenreich was in the WWE he was better than Cena IMO.

An OG Paul Heyman Guy
  • RawAce
    Options
    Sylvester Terkay>>>>>>>>> Cena
  • RawAce
    Options
    Elijah Burke >>>>>> Cena
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kane
    RawAce wrote: »
    Sylvester Terkay>>>>>>>>> Cena
    RawAce wrote: »
    Yes
    During the time Heidenreich was in the WWE he was better than Cena IMO.

An OG Paul Heyman Guy

mase-gif.gif
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Kane

word

so what is we talkin bout here bro? cena's a worse wrestler but with better matches? kane a better overall wrestler except for the actual wrestling part?

***THESIS ALERT***

listen...cena has been the top guy for 10 years. main eventing for 10 years. in most cases he was not as talented as his opponent. but dude is a workhorse and he understands ring psychology. plus every match is a collaborative effort. you can't give one credit without the other. cena knows how to wrestle

however
    cena's move set is not impressive. and you know this. but he's been on top for so long you conformed to his ? style like

tumblr_ntlb6kR96w1sn9jflo2_400.gif

"yeah man, that STF has been looking better lately"

he wouldn't dare lock in the STF correctly until Seth Rollins broke his nose

he's tried to instill new moves into this arsenal but dude is so uncoordinated he ends up botching them

also, y'all have yet to factor in size. a match between rollins and cena will not be the same as a match between rollins and kane. he's a super heavyweight. Kane could never be involved in a Ring Raw of Honor spot fest. the type of match that has 15 near falls in 20 minutes. the type of match we've been conditioned to think is a wrestling classic

and that's the type of match we've seen cena perform in all year. and y'all eat it up (hell I did too), but can't name 1 spectacular thing cena did in his 4 match of the year candidates outside of FLAIR'S figure 4. it's Owens and Rollins who are stealing the show

on surface, cena is no better of a wrestler than Kane. I stand by that

but hey, if the 5 knuckle shuffle gets you hype...

seinfeld.gif

and yeah I jacked your gif ? lol