The Official 2015 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i forgot they need to replace Gordon

yea...if Heild is there, gonna be hard to pass on him at 6...i still feel the most pressing need is a wing, but maybe they are more confident in Q-pon coming back and can slide back into that role..

Also, if they address the Center position too, they might be able to slide AD back to the 4, and Cunningham back to the 3 as a back up to Q-pon.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ Dell Demps new revelation about Alvin Gentry
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh so much fuckery with this Organization
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Smh so much fuckery with this Organization

We need a new GM and medical staff, unfortunately we're stuck with Gentry for 1 more year unless Mickey has had enough already.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again told you ? I didn't like that Gentry hire from the jump kinda makes me wonder how much some of y'all watch ball cosigning that dude coming here.

Yea I know we've been hurt, but there is no reason this squad shouldn't have at least been competiting for a 7 or 8 seed.

We going to suck again next year in this system to more than likely I hope I'm wrong though.

I was just hoping we'd suck enough to get a possible future elite perimeter player, but seems like we trying to ? even that up.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Somebody is ? up steering the tank
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    This season has made me consider becoming a Hockey fan. The Pels are depressing the ? outta me.
  • AP21
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    smh @ ya'll

Who you talking about man? Speak on it. I'm already down and out bruh, let's go!
  • AP21
    Options
    there is a bunch of revisionist stuff going on up in here

i think too many people in here are short sighted and look at everything in a vacuum

if you wouldve told me before the season that the pels would've practically shut down their entire core a month after AS break, i would've called you a liar

if this team had everybody healthy, at the same time, and STILL had this record, then i think the criticisms of Gentry would be justified, but is constantly competing for the 7th or 8th seed really seen as an accomplishment in here?

maybe thats where im confused
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    there is a bunch of revisionist stuff going on up in here

i think too many people in here are short sighted and look at everything in a vacuum

if you wouldve told me before the season that the pels would've practically shut down their entire core a month after AS break, i would've called you a liar

if this team had everybody healthy, at the same time, and STILL had this record, then i think the criticisms of Gentry would be justified, but is constantly competing for the 7th or 8th seed really seen as an accomplishment in here?

maybe thats where im confused

You logical to be a Pels fan bruh lol. But nah man you right, although I believe we are seeing that Gentry system works when it's not ran by hardhead stars, or low IQ players who only care about their stats.

These d leaguers are proving that team basketball wins games.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What can we get for Tyreke?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    time to gut this whole team. i'm talking everything from top to bottom.
    we need something fresh and an identity
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

Nah. Finally having a draft is good. I also think that having all of the superstars out let everyone see what the offense looks like. The offense looks good when it is ran like it should. Damn I hate they got rid of Ish Smith.

Good read! http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/3/27/11311728/pelicans-salary-cap-space-for-the-2016-free-agent-frenzy
  • jee504
    Options
    I hear ya Caddo but it's 3 things that have plagued this team for years. Injuries, chemistry and a bench. Whether it was Monty or Gentry, those 3 always hurt us. Something gotta shake man. I've never been so happy for this season to be over. You know how depressing that is. I was hyped up thinking we was gonna run some ? in the West too. We all ? up man lol

it was a lot of this

drinking-vodka.gif

and a ? came close to this

flight1.gif

• AP21
    Options
    i went to ESPN's draft lottery generator just for ? and giggles.

i think i did it like 10x

once the pels had the first pick and took Simmons

twice, they had the 3rd pick and picked Ingram

about 6 times, they stayed at 6 and picked Dunn

the one time it was any other spot, they picked that Center from Utah i believe
  • AP21
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Nah. Finally having a draft is good. I also think that having all of the superstars out let everyone see what the offense looks like. The offense looks good when it is ran like it should. Damn I hate they got rid of Ish Smith.

Good read! http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/3/27/11311728/pelicans-salary-cap-space-for-the-2016-free-agent-frenzy

haha i "know" the dude that wrote that article
  • jee504
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

haha i "know" the dude that wrote that article

and look at this "finkle is einhorn, einhorn is finkle" ass ?

Kevin-Hart-Laugh-GIF.gif?gs=a
  • AP21
    Options
    dude is pretty cool tho. We used to chop it up pretty regularly
  • jee504
    Options
    just ? with you fam.
    bout to run this 2k with the Pels though. I forgot all about that game until you mentioned it in that other thread
  • AP21
    Options
    just ? with you fam.
    bout to run this 2k with the Pels though. I forgot all about that game until you mentioned it in that other thread

brah...i'm playing with sliders and everything, but i might have to tweak them some more

I'm getting a lil challenge, but im like 13-1 right now. I think the x factor is this version of Ben Simmons im playing with. It almost feels like cheese playing with him tbh

But i was trying to go for some sort of realism. Its too late for me to start over and do a auto generated class so we'll see how this turns out
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    just ? with you fam.

brah...i'm playing with sliders and everything, but i might have to tweak them some more

I'm getting a lil challenge, but im like 13-1 right now. I think the x factor is this version of Ben Simmons im playing with. It almost feels like cheese playing with him tbh

But i was trying to go for some sort of realism. Its too late for me to start over and do a auto generated class so we'll see how this turns out

I'm playing with Brandon Ingram. Dude overall like 82 but he and AD is blowing teams out lmao
  • AP21
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    just ? with you fam.

I'm playing with Brandon Ingram. Dude overall like 82 but he and AD is blowing teams out lmao

lol

yea brah..something fucky going on

my closest game i almost lost was last night against denver who had the second best record in the league

this was the first time i think the cpu actually game planned for me. They were fronting AD and standing in the passing lanes. I had too many turnovers trying to get him the ball, and they actually doubled him in the post in the FIRST QUARTER.

then i tried bringing them out to the perimeter to do some pick and pop, and they was hedging on the screens...lawd

idk how i pulled the win off b/c i missed too many FTs too, but i won by 2
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Two teams in the lottery that would surprise me if they pass on Kris Dunn is Boston and Minnesota, I know Boston has Isiah but he gives up way too much size defensively and he's more of a scorer than facilitator, and Ricky Rubio is just not the answer for Minnesota.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Two teams in the lottery that would surprise me if they pass on Kris Dunn is Boston and Minnesota, I know Boston has Isiah but he gives up way too much size defensively and he's more of a scorer than facilitator, and Ricky Rubio is just not the answer for Minnesota.

If Dunn goes to Minny then ima start chewing tobacco.

? core of Minny would not be fair. I would be sooo envious of them ? .