The Daily Show w/ Trevor Noah

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
He's on his ? . Not missing a beat.

Basically ? on the Nightly Show entirely. Larry needs to get his weight up. It definitely still feels like the same show. And I like him more than John Oliver. He doesn't go over the top with his delivery.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope. Good to hear. Hope the fans of stewart give him a shot.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think mostly everybody already made up their mind either way when he was first announced.

The fake outrage over his years old tweets was just fodder for the Fox loyalists to use as justification whenever he ? them off. I wasn't on board till I saw his stand-up. He'll be great.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah I caught his stand ups on netflix before I knew he even appeared on the daily show. Was pretty shocked when it was announced that he was gonna be the new host. His doc on netflix about south African comedy is pretty dope if you haven't seen it yet.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He did good. John Oliver still better, but he seems to have really found his lane on HBO. Daily Show gon be alright tho, its in good hands
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed it.
    The new analysts they had on there were funny too
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing ill give john oliver and perhaps jessica williams over trevor is i think they would have made the show their own(or in their own image) by now. Trevor seems to b emulating john(daddys left)

When he finally rips into fox "news" and is challenged,we will c what hes made of.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it. Still informative, still funny.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might have to checkout this guys standup to see how he thinks.

I feel like he may take a while to start showing his true colors on the show.

The special repopt piece 2nite was funny as hell tho.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I think he's doing a pretty good job. The seth rogen interview was a letdown but i would place the blame on seth.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trevor has never been all that funny to me. Dude does that deadpan/dry humor. There's only a few people out there that can actually do this and really make you laugh. Dude only gets a few giggles out of me(pause). Most of his jokes are only funny to the white audience. It seems like he try's too hard at times as well.

Cuzzo got a cult following though. I mean the same people who say dave, katt, moony, or kevin hart aint funny say's trever is the gawd of comedy lol. They say "he does grown up comedy, and has perfect delivery". I damn near fell asleep during his last stand up. He reminds me of the black version of ricky gervace(however you spell that ? ). He's a popular comedian in the U.K(don't know why). Trevor did a good job on the show though, he need to loosen up a bit.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's pretty good. John Oliver is the goat though.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes doing a good job
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Oliver. Trevor goes hard.

He can quit it with making the "Africa/Black People are less than White People" jokes but other than that he knocks it out the park every night #Pause

It's funny because it's caused Larry Wilmore to have to step his game up and he knows it
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    John Stewart is the GOAT

John Oliver is the 2nd coming. Killing it solo.

Larry Wilmore is a disappointment. He went harder when he was just a guest correspondent on the Daily Show. His show has subpar "correspondents" Mike Yard i think his name is, is the only good one. And his show gets too crowded when he trys to sit at the table with 4 other people.

Trevor Noah is to be determined but right now hes letting the help do the heavy lifting. Hasan Minhaj is hilarious, Jordan Kleper is always comedy, & Jessica Williams can get this ? .
  • TheGOAT
    edited October 2015
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »

He can quit it with making the "Africa/Black People are less than White People" jokes
    but other than that he knocks it out the park every night #Pause

It's funny because it's caused Larry Wilmore to have to step his game up and he knows it

Oliver goes HAM on companies/politicians every show... Trevor Noah couldnt even make a Kardashian joke without apologizing immediately after.

And its not "Black people are less than white people jokes"... Hes African so its "South African lifestyle vs American lifestyle" jokes. And i thinks thats gunna be his thing i dont see that stopping. That would be like telling Stewart to stop making Goodfellas references or Arbys jokes
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »

He can quit it with making the "Africa/Black People are less than White People" jokes
    but other than that he knocks it out the park every night #Pause

Oliver goes HAM on companies/politicians every show... Trevor Noah couldnt even make a Kardashian joke without apologizing immediately after.

And its not "Black people are less than white people jokes"... Hes African so its "South African lifestyle vs American lifestyle" jokes. And i thinks thats gunna be his thing i dont see that stopping. That would be like telling Stewart to stop making Goodfellas references or Arbys jokes

I don't watch Oliver, the fool ain't from here and he white. A Black Person(s) should've gotten the gig. Thanks but no thanks

And the "African (black) vs. American (white) lifestyle" thing is a ? disgrace. He'd better stop. If your man Jon Stewart is soooooooooooo good then he'll see to it's end. No more "Acceptance Hazings". I heard what he said to Seth Rogan and the others. He make it sound like I'm supposed to be or feel less an epidermis distinction.
    MwTpNMz.gif
    It's really more like him telling jokes about the holocaust and anti-semitism from an unfounded beta point of view.

We don't boogie like that because it's not generally true. The same Dated-stereotyped lifestyle & way of life for them is reserved for us and all else as well.
  • john581
    john581 Members Posts: 75
    Options
    I like Trevor's style.