Bird vs Lebron at age 30

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
2953ak7.jpg
Dunno how accurate the numbers are but there you have it.

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Numbers aren't the main reason ppl say he's something we haven't seen before
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that just that one season.

But let's not act like LBJ didn't play 100s of more games then Bird at that age.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao this is the stupidest meme. I wish I knew who made it
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeeeeah.. Lebron would make Bird look like a D-League player.. With all due respect.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bron had a 4 year head start on Bird.

1, If you go Bron in season 12 vs Bird in season 12, it gets pretty ugly . Bird was hobbling amd out the league a year later

2, hey no need to diminish Bird tho, he was unathletic puttin up those numbers, he was a bad boy too. Those some crazy stats
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bird is the better shooter, rebounder and more "clutch". He also had great players most of his career as teammates.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    LBJ has more game winners in the playoffs right?
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall dudes need to stop living in the past. The game has evolved so much since the 80's. You'd be lying to yourself if you said Bird would be a superstar in the league today. He wasn't fast, athletic, had good handles...he just was a good shooter. I think the ? is so funny when ? try and claim white star players of the 80'same would stars in the league today. Bird, McHale all ? like that would be average at best. I don't know what you ? be watching G.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Yall dudes need to stop living in the past. The game has evolved so much since the 80's. You'd be lying to yourself if you said Bird would be a superstar in the league today. He wasn't fast, athletic, had good handles...he just was a good shooter. I think the ? is so funny when ? try and claim white star players of the 80'same would stars in the league today. Bird, McHale all ? like that would be average at best. I don't know what you ? be watching G.

Dont comment on ? you werent alive for or too young to remember. Please.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Bron had a 4 year head start on Bird.

1, If you go Bron in season 12 vs Bird in season 12, it gets pretty ugly . Bird was hobbling amd out the league a year later

2, hey no need to diminish Bird tho, he was unathletic puttin up those numbers, he was a bad boy too. Those some crazy stats

Bird was unathletic but his basketball IQ was bar none with an exceptionof a handful.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2015
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    yeeeeah.. Lebron would make Bird look like a D-League player.. With all due respect.
    Ya you forget when Bird was owning a Jordan that was at least as good as a Lebron now. Nothing to take away from Lebron tho. I think Bird vs Lebron is debatable on both sides of the coin.

They both went to "alot of finals"
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    Ya you forget when Bird was owning a Jordan that was at least as good as a Lebron now. Nothing to take away from Lebron tho. I think Bird vs Lebron is debatable on both sides of the coin.

They both went to "alot of finals"

Bird didn't own Jordan

MJ chopped up all them HOFer every time.

The Celtics owned the Bulls.

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Clear ? here, Bird would be a dominant player in todays league, hell it was only 4 years ago when we witnessed a out of his prime Dirk (who was never considered "athletic") wax Bron,Kobe,KD,Wade ect to get a ring..

And Barkley has said repeatedly that McHale was the best player he's ever played against, that's high praise considering all the All Time great bigs he faced, so i seriously doubt McHale would be "average at best" in today's game where the 4/5 position is the weakest it's ever been in the league..
  • Shizlansky
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Defensively Mchale wouldn't be able to handle Duncan Griffin AD Love LA Dirk KG or a lot of these scoring PFs.

The level of ball handling and shooting ability of today's bigs is nothing he never seen before.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wouldn't be any worse defensively than Griffin or Dirk
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    He wouldn't be any worse defensively than Griffin or Dirk

Bird or Mchale?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Mchale

He would be worst then both of them

And stop acting like Blake is a terrible defender. Just because you're not lockdown defender don't make you a bad defender.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    A lot of today's players would break down if they played against a ? talker like bird or them 80/90's legends them ? would be crying
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    A lot of today's players would break down if they played against a ? talker like bird or them 80/90's legends them ? would be crying

Really ? ?

Well you can say

And a lot of them ? from the 80s would have been suspended from all the ? they use to do. All type of scandals would have popped off if the media was like it is now back in the day.

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm too old for this ? , I'm done with the ic