Bird vs Lebron at age 30

Options
2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what's weird is that after the 90s they implemented all those rules meant to increase scoring and I think it probably did for the league on average, but the superstars of today still don't actually score more than their closest counterparts from the 80s and 90s. For example, Kobe played most of his career during a time when people who played in both eras said the scoring was much easier, yet Kobe's ppg is less than MJs even with the seasons where the Lakers' whole strategy was give the ball to Kobe and let him score.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    yeeeeah.. Lebron would make Bird look like a D-League player.. With all due respect.
    Ya you forget when Bird was owning a Jordan that was at least as good as a Lebron now. Nothing to take away from Lebron tho. I think Bird vs Lebron is debatable on both sides of the coin.

They both went to "alot of finals"

not really, I was probably sleeping in my baby crib or drooling on myself. knowing me, I was doing both.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Yall dudes need to stop living in the past. The game has evolved so much since the 80's. You'd be lying to yourself if you said Bird would be a superstar in the league today. He wasn't fast, athletic, had good handles...he just was a good shooter. I think the ? is so funny when ? try and claim white star players of the 80'same would stars in the league today. Bird, McHale all ? like that would be average at best. I don't know what you ? be watching G.

Clear ? here, Bird would be a dominant player in todays league, hell it was only 4 years ago when we witnessed a out of his prime Dirk (who was never considered "athletic") wax Bron,Kobe,KD,Wade ect to get a ring..

And Barkley has said repeatedly that McHale was the best player he's ever played against, that's high praise considering all the All Time great bigs he faced, so i seriously doubt McHale would be "average at best" in today's game where the 4/5 position is the weakest it's ever been in the league..

Yeah I guess it's true if Charles Barkley said it smh. Like I said I watch basketball a lot and have been since I was I kid. I'm 29 and I've seen it evolve. Average players in the league now can do things that only superstar players would do in the 80's.

And I knew one of you ? ? would bring up Dirk. Bruh, Dirk is 7'0 that's not a good comparison at all. I guess all you see is the fact that he's white too lol. Dirk is the start of what they call the stretch 4 and if he played in the 80's he would've dominated all of those non athletic "legends". How many 7'0 ft's were knock down three point shooters in the 80's? I'll wait.

Bruh, just look at the ball handling back then...imagine a Kyrie Irving or Steph Curry playing back then. You can't really sit here and try and claim they wouldn't dominate those dude, and in contrast you can't really try and sit here and claim any point guard not named Magic, Stockton or Isiah would really stand a chance against these evolved players. Dribble left, right, and finishing in ways you never saw in those days.

Yall stuck in the past man. White players can't play in this league today. Just not athletic enough to be dominate. With a 7'0 fter like Dirk being the only exception in the last what? 30 years? And please use good comparisons. I'm talking SF's or SG's comparable to Bird.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what's weird is that after the 90s they implemented all those rules meant to increase scoring and I think it probably did for the league on average, but the superstars of today still don't actually score more than their closest counterparts from the 80s and 90s. For example, Kobe played most of his career during a time when people who played in both eras said the scoring was much easier, yet Kobe's ppg is less than MJs even with the seasons where the Lakers' whole strategy was give the ball to Kobe and let him score.

i think age and him being double and triple teamed is a factor there tho.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Bird can play in this NBA. He might not be a good defender, but he's 6'9 with a pure jumper and guard skills, he'd do his numbers
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yall dudes need to stop living in the past. The game has evolved so much since the 80's. You'd be lying to yourself if you said Bird would be a superstar in the league today. He wasn't fast, athletic, had good handles...he just was a good shooter. I think the ? is so funny when ? try and claim white star players of the 80'same would stars in the league today. Bird, McHale all ? like that would be average at best. I don't know what you ? be watching G.

Clear ? here, Bird would be a dominant player in todays league, hell it was only 4 years ago when we witnessed a out of his prime Dirk (who was never considered "athletic") wax Bron,Kobe,KD,Wade ect to get a ring..

And Barkley has said repeatedly that McHale was the best player he's ever played against, that's high praise considering all the All Time great bigs he faced, so i seriously doubt McHale would be "average at best" in today's game where the 4/5 position is the weakest it's ever been in the league..

Yeah I guess it's true if Charles Barkley said it smh. Like I said I watch basketball a lot and have been since I was I kid. I'm 29 and I've seen it evolve. Average players in the league now can do things that only superstar players would do in the 80's.

And I knew one of you ? ? would bring up Dirk. Bruh, Dirk is 7'0 that's not a good comparison at all. I guess all you see is the fact that he's white too lol. Dirk is the start of what they call the stretch 4 and if he played in the 80's he would've dominated all of those non athletic "legends". How many 7'0 ft's were knock down three point shooters in the 80's? I'll wait.

Bruh, just look at the ball handling back then...imagine a Kyrie Irving or Steph Curry playing back then. You can't really sit here and try and claim they wouldn't dominate those dude, and in contrast you can't really try and sit here and claim any point guard not named Magic, Stockton or Isiah would really stand a chance against these evolved players. Dribble left, right, and finishing in ways you never saw in those days.

Yall stuck in the past man. White players can't play in this league today. Just not athletic enough to be dominate. With a 7'0 fter like Dirk being the only exception in the last what? 30 years? And please use good comparisons. I'm talking SF's or SG's comparable to Bird.

Bruh if you're seriously this ? I feel sorry for you, not even gonna waste time proving you wrong bc your ? ass wouldn't comprehend it..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah ah ahhhh

187bc2c815a12ef28ad5c52d15671e5d.gif

Clifford Robinson, Rodney Rogers, Toni Kukoc at times, Robert Horry just a few who predate Dirk as stretch 4's

Ah! And Sam Perkins as a stretch FIVE

Have a seat youngin
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Ah ah ahhhh

Clifford Robinson, Rodney Rogers, Toni Kukoc at times, Robert Horry just a few who predate Dirk as stretch 4's

Have a seat youngin

True

But them ? is role players that get set up for wide open shots.

Dirk actually make plays with no help.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

Ah ah ahhhh

Have a seat youngin

True

But them ? is role players that get set up for wide open shots.

Dirk actually make plays with no help.

Obviously.

He simply said stretch 4. He was incorrect
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i think age and him being double and triple teamed is a factor there tho.

He was score 60+ in three quarters and 81 in four while being double and triple teamed, so it wasn't much of a factor.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh if you're seriously this ? I feel sorry for you, not even gonna waste time proving you wrong bc your ? ass wouldn't comprehend it..

I love when ? try to insult a person's intelligence rather than make an actual argument. Lol. Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for yourself brotha.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate when ? do comparisons of players from a different era there only so much you can get out of it

until the day we can put together a 100% real hologram of these ? playing ball against eachother this ? is useless because there things you cant just see through stats
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A lot of today's players would break down if they played against a ? talker like bird or them 80/90's legends them ? would be crying

Really ? ?

Well you can say

And a lot of them ? from the 80s would have been suspended from all the ? they use to do. All type of scandals would have popped off if the media was like it is now back in the day.

And that's why today's sports is ? as ? , yeah Larry Bird threw someone through the glass door of a bar 'cause the dude was talking ? and deserved it, nobody said ? and kept it moving. Everyone's too busy trying to be a ? and snitch on someone Johnny Manziel (ex.) when they see him drinking a beer in this day and age.