Afghanistan and Heroin...

Options
digitalgrl87
digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
edited July 2010 in The Social Lounge
I'm prob super late and whatnot ... but i wondering did anyone else find it interesting that U.S. occupied Afghanistan supplies maybe 90% of the world's heroin today?...

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    awwww jeeez

NOT THIS ? AGAIN.

WORLD SUPERPOWERS ARE NOT GOING TO WAR FOR ? IN THE 21ST CENTURY
  • BethlehemBill
    BethlehemBill Members Posts: 140
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this is pretty much a conspiracy theory.
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    awwww jeeez

NOT THIS ? AGAIN.

Lol....idk with the war on drugs in the u.s. and americans being the largest consumers of heroin isn't the ? counter production? it just reeks of fish..
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this is pretty much a conspiracy theory.

no..... this is an older article from msnbc but....and remember the U.S. has been in Afghanistan since 2000, 2001...

Bucking U.S., Afghanistan won’t spray heroin
    Karzai reportedly would spray fields in 2008 if harvest doesn’t decline

Advertisement | ad info
    updated 1/25/2007 4:53:37 PM ET

* Print
    * Font:
    * +
    * -

KABUL, Afghanistan — Rebuffing months of U.S. pressure, President Hamid Karzai has decided Afghanistan will not implement a Colombia-style program to spray the country's heroin-producing poppies, bowing to pressure from top Cabinet members who feared a popular backlash, officials said Thursday.

The decision dashes U.S. hopes that herbicide sprayed by ground applicators would help combat Afghanistan's ? trade after a record crop in 2006.

Karzai instead "made a very strong commitment" to lead the country's manual eradication efforts this year, and said that if production didn't go down he would allow spraying in 2008, a Western official said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

The spokesman for Afghanistan's Ministry of Counternarcotics, Said Mohammad Azam, said ground spraying "will be in the list of options" next year, if the increased efforts this year to destroy poppy fields by "traditional techniques" do not work.

Such techniques typically involve sending teams of laborers into fields to batter down or plow in the plants before they can be harvested. A similar campaign during 2006 failed.

Taliban fostered
    Fueled by the Taliban, a powerful drug mafia and the need for a profitable crop that can overcome drought, ? production from poppies in Afghanistan last year rose 49 percent to 6,700 tons — enough to make about 670 tons of heroin. That's more than 90 percent of the world's supply and more than the world's addicts consume in a year.

The booming drug economy, and the involvement of government officials and police in the illicit trade, compounds the many problems facing Afghanistan's fledgling democracy, amid stepped-up attacks by militant supporters of the former Taliban regime.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16807707/
  • BethlehemBill
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no..... this is an older article from msnbc but....and remember the U.S. has been in Afghanistan since 2000, 2001...

Bucking U.S., Afghanistan won’t spray heroin
    Karzai reportedly would spray fields in 2008 if harvest doesn’t decline

Advertisement | ad info
    updated 1/25/2007 4:53:37 PM ET

* Print
    * Font:
    * +
    * -

KABUL, Afghanistan — Rebuffing months of U.S. pressure, President Hamid Karzai has decided Afghanistan will not implement a Colombia-style program to spray the country's heroin-producing poppies, bowing to pressure from top Cabinet members who feared a popular backlash, officials said Thursday.

The decision dashes U.S. hopes that herbicide sprayed by ground applicators would help combat Afghanistan's ? trade after a record crop in 2006.

Karzai instead "made a very strong commitment" to lead the country's manual eradication efforts this year, and said that if production didn't go down he would allow spraying in 2008, a Western official said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

The spokesman for Afghanistan's Ministry of Counternarcotics, Said Mohammad Azam, said ground spraying "will be in the list of options" next year, if the increased efforts this year to destroy poppy fields by "traditional techniques" do not work.

Such techniques typically involve sending teams of laborers into fields to batter down or plow in the plants before they can be harvested. A similar campaign during 2006 failed.

Taliban fostered
    Fueled by the Taliban, a powerful drug mafia and the need for a profitable crop that can overcome drought, ? production from poppies in Afghanistan last year rose 49 percent to 6,700 tons — enough to make about 670 tons of heroin. That's more than 90 percent of the world's supply and more than the world's addicts consume in a year.

The booming drug economy, and the involvement of government officials and police in the illicit trade, compounds the many problems facing Afghanistan's fledgling democracy, amid stepped-up attacks by militant supporters of the former Taliban regime.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16807707/

ok so, listing names, who are the players involved in this? which top us government officials are smuggling heroin out of afghanistan? who are the operatives back in america that help receive the drugs and get them to the streets? if you can't produce names, sources, and evidence, all you have is "the government is at war for drugs!!!" aka a conspiracy theory
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ok so, listing names, who are the players involved in this? which top us government officials are smuggling heroin out of afghanistan? who are the operatives back in america that help receive the drugs and get them to the streets? if you can't produce names, sources, and evidence, all you have is "the government is at war for drugs!!!" aka a conspiracy theory

wow....Lol....I'm not saying the government is at war for drugs...i just thought it was weird... and who knows it just may be a part of the equation or some other conspiracy...

and all i did was state facts....Afghanistan produces a very large amount of the world's heroin ..the u.s. has occupied afghanistan for 7 years now and nothing has been done about the poppy fields....and the u.s. is the world's largest heroin consumer... u don't think that warrants a small amount of suspension ?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wow....Lol....I'm not saying the government is at war for drugs...i just thought it was weird... and who knows it just may be a part of the equation or some other conspiracy...

and all i did was state facts....Afghanistan produces a very large amount of the world's heroin ..the u.s. has occupied afghanistan for 7 years now and nothing has been done about the poppy fields....and the u.s. is the world's largest heroin consumer... u don't think that warrants a small amount of suspension ?

Cannot take you seriously, based on the bolded.
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Cannot take you seriously, based on the bolded.

Lol....ok...can i ask why?
  • BethlehemBill
    edited July 2010
    Options

i see where you're going with the hints lol, i think it has more do with it being their only cash crop. most of those poor people there can grow the poppy plants and thats about it. they dont have manufacturing plants or any real centers of industry. who would it really punish if they wiped out these fields? I dont do heroin lol and i dont like the idea of it flooding the streets of america and getting people hooked, but who are they really gonna hurt if they wipe out the fields there? in my opinion, it would be just about every person that lives there every day. its not like they grow that stuff as a hobby and work at banks, car dealerships, fast food restaraunts, and textile mills in the day. you take away their fields, thats it for them. so i understand the pressure on their "president" not to take the fields away
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i see where you're going with the hints lol, i think it has more do with it being their only cash crop. most of those poor people there can grow the poppy plants and thats about it. they dont have manufacturing plants or any real centers of industry. who would it really punish if they wiped out these fields? I dont do heroin lol and i dont like the idea of it flooding the streets of america and getting people hooked, but who are they really gonna hurt if they wipe out the fields there? in my opinion, it would be just about every person that lives there every day. its not like they grow that stuff as a hobby and work at banks, car dealerships, fast food restaraunts, and textile mills in the day. you take away their fields, thats it for them. so i understand the pressure on their "president" not to take the fields away

i understand that... but it's insane with the government's so called war on drugs... in america small time dealers are thrown into prison for 10+ years for profiting off the same plant...
  • shootemwon
    edited July 2010
    Options

Well, it warrants a small amount of suspension.......suspension of what?
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options

This muafucka is SERIOUS isnt he... suspension...
  • BethlehemBill
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Would you disagree, that this cancel out conspiracy theory alone?

At what point, would you propose any 'theory' just simply be embraced as actual truth?

Unless you think that's just the end of it all, as far as the U.S. is concerned?

i dont agree that it cancels out. see my previous post. you know why top cabinet members fear popular backlash? producing ? accounts for about 70% of the afghanistan economy. if they wipe out all of the poppy fields in the country, there goes 70% of their economy. do you still wonder why they fear popular backlash?

i embrace the quote you listed as actual truth. to me, its no shock that they are bowing to pressure. like i said, if its really a big cover up, please provide names of top us government or military officials in afghanistan, names of individuals in the states who receive the smuggled heroin, and evidence supporting the idea that its a conspiracy. otherwise, all you have is "government is at war for drugs". which, without evidence, is just a conspiracy theory
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options

idk....suspension of foul play by the u.s. government ....and their so called war on drugs... they lock up petty dealers/users for years and years in the state but turn a blind eye to the people who are supplying the drugs...

i know the war on drug was just ? anyways... but idk i just found it interesting *shrugs*
  • shootemwon
    edited July 2010
    Options
    idk....suspension of foul play by the u.s. government ....and their so called war on drugs... they lock up petty dealers/users for years and years in the state but turn a blind eye to the people who are supplying the drugs...

i know the war on drug was just ? anyways... but idk i just found it interesting *shrugs*

LMFAO.

Well, I've been saving this ace up my sleeve, but I might as well just put it out there now.

AfGAYnistan.

Good night everyone.
  • BethlehemBill
    edited July 2010
    Options

you were called out because what you meant to say was "suspicion", meaning, you thought it warranted a small degree of suspicion. instead you said "suspension". which was actually more accurate, given that one would need to suspend all rational thought to believe such nonsense, but i think you meant the former :confused:
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This muafucka is SERIOUS isnt he... suspension...

damn ? i misused one word and you want to throw a ? fit... Lol

suspicion... ? damn. Lol
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Who needs a conspiracy theory to see the United States Gov is corrupt? I thought it was obvious to everyone by now... I guess some of you will come around later in life when it actually ? you one way or the other...
  • florida321
    florida321 Members Posts: 60
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Supposedly the taliban had stopped producton of ? & when we invaded the next crop was the largest ever.
    We already know they funded their ops with drug money before so I can see them doing it.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damn ? i misused one word and you want to throw a ? fit... Lol

suspicion... ? damn. Lol

LMAO... naw not even... I'm literally laughing at this ? .
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LMAO... naw not even... I'm literally laughing at this ? .

Lol... w/e

we all have our slow moments..
  • digitalgrl87
    edited July 2010
    Options
    florida321 wrote: »
    Supposedly the taliban had stopped producton of ? & when we invaded the next crop was the largest ever.
    We already know they funded their ops with drug money before so I can see them doing it.

yea i was reading that.... a lot of shadiness going on...
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    awwww jeeez

NOT THIS ? AGAIN.

Wh buys most the drugs? AMERICANS
    What's in Afghanistan? HEROIN

Sorry Lupe Fiasco cant be wrong.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    smh @ some people saying it's a conspiracy

tell me where I can get a ? plant from in the U.S..........................I'll wait

smh @ them spending so much money on border patrol, the coast guards etc but yet boatloads of dope and coke come through in plain view

Korea also has a large amount of drugs......................think about it
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm prob super late and whatnot ... but i wondering did anyone else find it interesting that U.S. occupied Afghanistan supplies maybe 90% of the world's heroin today?...

Afghan had the poppi on lock for ages.