Should Peyton Retire?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
5 completions and 4 interceptions.

He's not getting any younger.

He'll probably break whatever records are left to break by the end of the season.

What's the verdict? If you were the owners of the Broncos would you keep paying him an enormous salary, or would you ask him to step down and find another QB that would play for 1/4 of what Peyton earns?

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can't retire now, he should of retired before the season but he had to have Favre's record
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    He can't retire now, he should of retired before the season but he had to have Favre's record

What I mean is should he retire at the end of the season, or should he keep going?
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might as well. Elway has clearly made it evident he wants a different philosophy with the team identity. This is the worse Peyton has played since his rookie season. The only possible way I can see him turning it around is if they just let him run his old offense but I doubt that will happened.
  • da-great1
    da-great1 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Options
    This is mos def his last season. The last hurrah.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He looks like his mind and body is failing him. It's hard to watch great players on there last leg.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peyton is going to leave the bronncos and play for the jets.......

the curse of tim tebow has been put on the broncos organization
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peyton was done after that neck injury, start of the end...

The decline was quick too, always is...

Between him and Kobe tough to see them go out as shells of what they were...

Time remains unbeaten...
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Given his stats and legacy, would you guys consider Peyton a top 10 QB?

How about top 5?

Personally I have him somewhere around 8-10. His stats are great but he's 1-2 in Super Bowls. His brother is 2-0 in Super Bowls but Eli's stats aren't as good.

John Elway was 2-3 in Super Bowls
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

Time remains unbeaten...

he came back putting up the best stats of his career
    made it to the super bowl (got ? )
    he got beat up against St. Louis last year, was shaky all the way to the postseason
    now he's just garbage. c/s it's hard seeing one of the greats go out like this. similar to favres last season
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    "Brady said he was going to play until he ... sucked," Manning said with a smile. "That's a pretty good line. I'm kind of the same feel. I don't have a set number. You're just not playing and you can't help and -- some guys can hang on, can hang on and hang on and get another year vested, I guess, if that's the goal. If you can really produce and help a team, and you enjoy playing, I think that's up to the individual."
    Minutes later he said, "Yeah, right until you suck -- I think that's a pretty good rule right there."

He should of kept it honest and said "not until sometime after I break Favre's passing yards record"
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its' a wrap for Peyton.

I'd say he's top-5 all-time. I remember the year he was breakin records ... I'd never seen a quarterback just dominate the game like that.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea wrap it up after this season.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This his final season. For the Broncos sake it has to be. He can't possibly be expected to go another 16 games plus the way he is. I think even he realizes this has to be it. All this takes a toll on your body. I'm sure Peyton wants to be able to turn his neck and walk to the damn HoF. After this year he's done.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Manning need to bow out while there's still some grace left in it, cause he out here sucking royally. Look man, there's only so much you can put on injuries, but his body has failed him, and wise man should know his limitations.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Him not feeling his fingers should've been the ultimate red flag. He needs to hang it up after this season is over definitely.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He fooled people for many years. He is top 5 statistically. In reality he never rose for big games, losing playoff record.
    Stat Padder, played in easy divisions his whole career, when he played top tier teams in the playoffs he was below average. Ehhhhhh the stat padder needs to retire he's not a champion he just wants to break records
  • achewon87
    Options
    What's crazy is Montana won his last 2 Superbowls after having the same surgery...
  • achewon87
    Options

Time remains unbeaten...

he got beat up against St. Louis last year, was shaky all the way to the postseason
    now he's just garbage. c/s it's hard seeing one of the greats go out like this. similar to favres last season

Tebow had career year when he had Thomas and Decker too...

1 elite season out of 4 in Denver, with the Colts it was like every year, he was/is done...

And Broncos have had a pretty great D the whole time he has been there, better than any with the Colts...
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    That St. Louis game last year

Time remains unbeaten...

Thats a good point my G.

I saw that game last year and he got lit the ? up a couple times, and stopped stepping into his release and started rushing checkdowns. I remember thinking, "Yo he's shook out there today." Without looking it up id bet he's never been the same since that game.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a wrap for this ? , he should have called it quits when Seattle beat them down in the SB.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Well, I'm the thread starter but lets not act like the Broncos weren't 7-0 for the first half of the season.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His arm is gone he need to retire. Bubble gum lobs getting picked him needing everything perfect for success and getting all the glory cuz he get to tell out Omaha all damn game. All those young rb draft picks that got tuned off cuz it was all bout him Moreno and Ball aint have a chance
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    His arm is gone he need to retire. Bubble gum lobs getting picked him needing everything perfect for success and getting all the glory cuz he get to tell out Omaha all damn game. All those young rb draft picks that got tuned off cuz it was all bout him Moreno and Ball aint have a chance

Didn't Moreno have a career year with Peyton?

I don't like him but let's not act like he wasn't an all-time great.