'Alien: Covenant' Title Confirmed, Synopsis And New Release Date Revealed

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
alien-logo.jpg

Last week, Ridley Scott let it slip that his brewing "Prometheus" sequel, at one time titled "Alien: Paradise Lost," was now called "Alien: Covenant." And now, 20th Century Fox has made it official.

The studio has officially announced "Alien: Covenant," and even more, unveiled an official synopsis, which curiously makes specific mention of Michael Fassbender's David, but no Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Last month, Scott revealed that the sequel would feature "a new group of travelers in the beginning of the first act,” while "Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation" star Rebecca Ferguson was said to be eyed for the female lead. Does this mean Rapace is out? We'll soon see.

Production begins in February and "Alien: Covenant" arrives on October 6, 2017, shifting from what originally was a May 2017 release.

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought they said they were gonna give up this franchise?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOTDAMMIT!

now they are evening putting Alien in the title...

FUUUUUUUUUCK!

They were always going to eventually. Even before Prometheus came out they said that.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    I thought they said they were gonna give up this franchise?

what? Prometheus isn't even 5 years old and whether you liked it or not made enough profit for the studio.

They just delayed Neal Blomkamp's sequel to Aliens in favor of this. I suppose to avoid franchise fatigue even though it's 2 different points in the timeline.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    This one is even going to raise more questions. I already see it now...

"What happened to Shaw?"

"What happened to the ship?"

and bla bla bla like they really care.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved Prometheus
  • Broddie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    I loved Prometheus

You are aware that this fact makes you an enemy of the people right?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Ok ok one good thing about Prometheus? excellent cinematography. But show me one Ridley Scott movie that DOESN'T actually LOOK good? what I want is a Ridley Scott movie who's content matches the majesty and care taken into the visuals. Sometimes I feel like we haven't seen that since Blade Runner and if I'm being real generous maybe Gladiator and no I still haven't seen The Martian because Matt Damon is the one actor who's personal beliefs I cannot overlook no matter how solid his performance may be so no comment.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Broddie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The script for Prometheus is one of the exhibits of evidence I always present when I tell people that Abrams and his Bad Robot cronies are vapid hacks who in the long run are no bueno for Hollywood from a narrative and creative standpoint. Seriously if something ever exposed Bad Robot for being the nerdy version of Michael Bay's frat boy Platinum Dunes hacks it's the scripts to Prometheus, Super 8 and Star Trek: Into Darkness.

If people wonder why I gave up on Star Wars and all that the answer is that of all the people in Hollywood these inept muthafuckas were given the keys to the kingdom. All because they know how to give cats like Steven Spielberg a ? just the way he likes it and ? .

Had they given it to real visionaries like a Fincher, Aronofsky or Nolan I'd be all over that new movie like flies on ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    worse part is... they will never explain why the black goo turned not tom hardy and the rock collector into a damn zombie.

Not tom hardy really lol..but indeed they were stabbed by that warm thing and died. Only to resurrect and form an alien voltron with super strength..and either they wrote the other actress out for the new one or she died. Too..many...question.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • iron man1
    Options
    Ahh Abrams and the his brutaliztion of Star Strek and LENS FLARES EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Dude took all the explorations, characters and their different personalities, and intelligence out of it.
  • Broddie
    Options
    but lens flare is so awesome!

super 8 ? sucked.

It was like a bad parody of an 80's Amblin movie (Goonies, ET, Gremlins etc.). The only people who defend that ? is the nerds who like Abrams just because he looks like them and not because he's actually good at his craft.
  • Broddie
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Ahh Abrams and the his brutaliztion of Star Strek and LENS FLARES EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Dude took all the explorations, characters and their different personalities, and intelligence out of it.

I was hyped for the new TV show and then I read that Bad Robot was going to have their mitts all over it. The minute I read that this ? played in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
  • Broddie
    Options
    i just dont get how a head... is going to have a whole gotdamn movie.

Maybe the alien creature that burst out of the Engineer would have something to do with him getting the bio skeletal body that he needs. Oh wait a minute that creature stayed on the planet they deserted. ? that movie ? sucked lol.
  • iron man1
    Options
    i just dont get how a head... is going to have a whole gotdamn movie.

He did have his body...maybe the ship has some type of repair mechanism and why am I defending this movie . I did like the cinematography and the soundtrack though.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • iron man1
    Options
    Oh......this movie was not written well with all these gotdamn plot holes.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yeah I don't remember that either. I remember her using his head to fire up the ship like upper torso Bishop in Aliens. Don't know if I'm curious enough to find out either but then again I could probably tolerate the movie more now that I know the kinda fuckery it's responsible for. Also I know I will still be watching Alien: Covenant at some point. Sometimes I hate that I really love this franchise warts and all. I mean I was wise enough to avoid Alien Vs. Predator from Mr. Milla Jovovich but it's still Ridley Scott directing a movie with Alien in the title. I'll be too curious to not see it eventually.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options