Where does Chris Jericho rank on your GOAT list?

Options
124»

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    ? the answer right there! u tryna tell me jericho did nothing that stood out in ring from roddy piper or got damn dre the giant or cena who u ? on every chance u get? how in the hell he even make it to your top 25 then?!

I hate Cena but I can't deny what he's done for the business. Dude is well known inside and outside wrestling mainstream. Who the hell is listening to Fozzy or whatever else Jericho got going
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 10
    ? the answer right there! u tryna tell me jericho did nothing that stood out in ring from roddy piper or got damn dre the giant or cena who u ? on every chance u get? how in the hell he even make it to your top 25 then?!

I hate Cena but I can't deny what he's done for the business. Dude is well known inside and outside wrestling mainstream. Who the hell is listening to Fozzy or whatever else Jericho got going

i was talkin in ring wit that post

but on the subject of outside wrestling. cena is a bigger name, but b4 cena started doin big things outside wrestling, lets not pretend like jericho wasnt all over vh1 and mtv shows damn near every week. hosting abc shows, dancing with the stars, and his books plus fozzy is a legit successful touring band (which is how he ends up with all those hall of fame rock artists on his podcasts), not just some passion jericho hopes gets off the ground.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Top 15
    Damn the debate is lively. Let me chuck in a little bit here:.
    1. Andre is a huge draw but he was an attraction. You didnt see Andre every week or even every month. He wasn't there to have good matches or promos it was mostly "entertainment" like the bearded lady or the elephant man at the circus

2. Jericho is a draw. The term "draw" is relative, there are different levels to drawing. They gave him multiple world titles, put out two DVD sets, he had hella merchandise...they don't invest that much money in people who don't draw.

3. Jericho as a Jack of All Trades is top 15 at least. Great heel, great face, great promos, great matches, decent look and a decent draw. He's a legend.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH
    Top 15, that,s a big stretch
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH
    It's all subjective, everybody's list won't be the same. Dude just wasn't all that great to me
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bret
    Randy Savage
    Shawn
    Taker
    Rock
    Austin
    Kurt
    Benoit
    Eddie
    Brock
    Ric
    Sting
    Perfect
    Steamboat

thats 14 just off top.

i like Y2J imo Y2J in that Owen Hart league that he was Great just never considered a GOAT
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    GTFOH
    It's all subjective, everybody's list won't be the same. Dude just wasn't all that great to me

I've always said pro wrestling is subjective, ? try to bring a objective mindset to these rankings which is stupid..

Somebody's top 30 GOAT list when it comes to wrestling is no different than somebody's top 30 rappers list, if a ? has Jeezy or Gucci ahead of Pac or Cube on his All Time list than that's just that ? personal taste and it is what it is....

Just like i dont give af about that fat ? Owens that everybody likes just bc he came from the indies, i think Cody Rhodes is way better and would rather he get pushed instead of Owens, but it is what it is..
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    WCW Lion tamer >> WWF Boston crab

I think the Hardy's, RVD, Booker T and a list of many others should've gotten a push over him.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Cosign the lion tamer > walls of Jericho Boston crab
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The GOAT
    Number 1
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 10
    blu197 wrote: »

I've always said pro wrestling is subjective, ? try to bring a objective mindset to these rankings which is stupid..

Somebody's top 30 GOAT list when it comes to wrestling is no different than somebody's top 30 rappers list, if a ? has Jeezy or Gucci ahead of Pac or Cube on his All Time list than that's just that ? personal taste and it is what it is....

Just like i dont give af about that fat ? Owens that everybody likes just bc he came from the indies, i think Cody Rhodes is way better and would rather he get pushed instead of Owens, but it is what it is..

Rhodes was in Owens position years ago
    he should be near the main event scene by now
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH
    Cody won't go anywhere in this Stardust gimmick and then pairing him up with the Ascension makes them the new JOB Squad
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 10
    ion even complain bout stardust anymore, since thats what cody actually wants.

but i been said for years cody had the potential. its a damn shame but he's still young period and definitely young in "wrassling prime" years
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 15
    Top 15 for sure, watched the break the walls down documentary some months back, Don't sleep on Jericho, he's was an incredible wrestler with mic skills to match.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Top 15
    A debatable Top 15 but I think Top 25 is more fitting. We need more poll options bruh.