GnS Politics 2016: Death Penalty

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For Death Penalty (Courts/Jurors Decision)
    riddlerap wrote: »
    Only reason Im kinda against the death penalty is because its the easy way out compared to life in prison.

i've never understood this logic.

breathing >>>> not breathing

the first little stint is gonna suck in prison, but eventually you get used to it and that becomes your life.. you adapt and then you enjoy little dumb ? like the dessert at meal time, instead of whatever you enjoyed on the outside, but you're still alive, and ABLE to "enjoy" things, and think, and everything.

I tend to agree with this. I mean, how many "life without parole" prisoners are trying to get the death penalty? A lot less than vice versa. So I dont really buy into the idea that life is worse than the death penalty. But still, the idea for me is so horrific and primitive that I can't get with it.

And locking someone up in a prison cage for the REST of their life isn't horrific and primitive.....? Meanwhile, my taxpayer dollars gotta pay for some child molesting, psychopath ? that murked a whole family and tortured and did worse to them? ? THAT, it's better for everyone that someone like that is killed off and forgotten about.

And yes I get the death penalty process is expensive but if we speed up the death process, tax payer dollars can be wasted less.

"There have been 321 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States. The first DNA exoneration took place in 1989. Exonerations have been won in 38 states; since 2000, there have been 254 exonerations. 20 of the 321 people exonerated through DNA served time on death row."

? Your Innocence......What About My Tax Payer Dollars B! I Need A New Flatscreen ..What About Me!! ....Speed That ? Up!!

When it comes to the death penalty, I definitely believe the evidence should be completely conclusive, without any shred of a doubt the person is guilty. If there is ANY doubt, I wouldn't vote for the death penalty, as a judge or juror. As the thread starter said, this is for cases where there is no doubt or question of guilt.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    I'm gonna show you how wrong killing is by killing you!!

Lol ......

That's not what capital punishment is for

It's has no purpose .... And that is the problem

It's purpose is to remove people that have proven that they are to dangerous to keep alive.

And to give the families of their victims satisfaction.
    This is what prison is for

what satisfaction does the family get? ....? ain't bringing their loved ones back ...this sentiment can only be described as anecdotal at best
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Lol ......

The purpose is JUSTICE and satisfaction of the family. Go ? a baby bear in front of a mother bear and tell me what that mother bear is gonna do to you.
    Horrible Analogy ...however

I find it interesting that you justify your support for societal policy based on the behavior of wild savage beast' lol ......it pretty much epitomizes the psychological makeup of the individuals who are proponents of the death penalty rather succinctly
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pedophiles don't rehabilitate. And anyone who can do that to a child, has no redeeming qualities worth saving.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pro-Life (Against death penalty)
    Pedophiles don't rehabilitate. And anyone who can do that to a child, has no redeeming qualities worth saving.

Slippery slope....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    Only reason Im kinda against the death penalty is because its the easy way out compared to life in prison.

i've never understood this logic.

breathing >>>> not breathing

the first little stint is gonna suck in prison, but eventually you get used to it and that becomes your life.. you adapt and then you enjoy little dumb ? like the dessert at meal time, instead of whatever you enjoyed on the outside, but you're still alive, and ABLE to "enjoy" things, and think, and everything.

I tend to agree with this. I mean, how many "life without parole" prisoners are trying to get the death penalty? A lot less than vice versa. So I dont really buy into the idea that life is worse than the death penalty. But still, the idea for me is so horrific and primitive that I can't get with it.

And locking someone up in a prison cage for the REST of their life isn't horrific and primitive.....? Meanwhile, my taxpayer dollars gotta pay for some child molesting, psychopath ? that murked a whole family and tortured and did worse to them? ? THAT, it's better for everyone that someone like that is killed off and forgotten about.

And yes I get the death penalty process is expensive but if we speed up the death process, tax payer dollars can be wasted less.

"There have been 321 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States. The first DNA exoneration took place in 1989. Exonerations have been won in 38 states; since 2000, there have been 254 exonerations. 20 of the 321 people exonerated through DNA served time on death row."

? Your Innocence......What About My Tax Payer Dollars B! I Need A New Flatscreen ..What About Me!! ....Speed That ? Up!!

When it comes to the death penalty, I definitely believe the evidence should be completely conclusive, without any shred of a doubt the person is guilty. If there is ANY doubt, I wouldn't vote for the death penalty, as a judge or juror. As the thread starter said, this is for cases where there is no doubt or question of guilt.

Lol @ "no doubt" ......unless you have actual full video of the crime as well as full admittance good luck .......

I'm sure the majority of those jurors who ruled in the 321 cases I just mentioned felt "solid" about their decisions also
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2015
    Options

Lol ......

The purpose is JUSTICE and satisfaction of the family. Go ? a baby bear in front of a mother bear and tell me what that mother bear is gonna do to you.

I find it interesting that you justify your support for societal policy based on the behavior of wild savage beast' lol ......it pretty much epitomizes the psychological makeup of the individuals who are proponents of the death penalty rather succinctly

Humans are the biggest predators around and do worse things compared to any bear lol......

But on that note, locking someone up in a cage for the rest of their lives isn't really nice and kind either. At heart, we are a predatory species anyway, so if someone is gonna be a bloodthirsty child killer/? , I'd rather that person be dead and no longer a threat then chillin in a cage and possibly able to victimize the prisoners around him or her. Again, some people just do not deserve the right to live.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    How so?

Would you say someone who is a ? lack impulse control, and their desires occur naturally?

Or do they consciously make the decision to prey on children?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Special challenge to those against the death penalty.....Google Leonard Lake and Charles Ng. Then tell me some people don't deserve it
    WHEN Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas, he oversaw the execution of Ricky Ray Rector, a man so mentally disabled that he said he would save the pecan pie from his last meal “for later”. In 2002 the Supreme Court ruled that putting mentally ? people to death was “cruel and unusual”, and therefore unconstitutional. But the justices left it up to the states to define what “? ” meant, and this has proved so difficult that on March 3rd the issue came before the court again.
    http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21598681-can-you-execute-man-whose-iq-71-death-mentally-disabled

Happens far more than the stuff you talking

I'm not big on executing mentally ? people but if the crime is especially brutal, I'm not gonna have sympathy. I don't give a ? if Forrest Gump is on trial, if he or she has committed an especially brutal murder, I'll ? the muthafucka myself.

That goes for Ricky Ray too. If the crime is brutal and was not justified in ANY way, then my sympathy goes out the window.

Wtf. You're a horrible person
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For Death Penalty (Victims family's decision)

Lol ......

It's purpose is to remove people that have proven that they are to dangerous to keep alive.

what satisfaction does the family get? ....? ain't bringing their loved ones back ...this sentiment can only be described as anecdotal at best

People ? people in prison every day you can't ? anyone in the grave.

The satisfaction that the person who hurt their loved one cannot hurt anyone else
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The death penalty is about justice. Not me or anybody I know deserve to be victim of some heinous crime. So somebody murders me or someone I love, I want vengeance not excuses. Through the court or the streets, whatever, try to do something. Ain't no forgiveness or rehabilitating ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    How so?

Would you say someone who is a ? lack impulse control, and their desires occur naturally?

Idk if I'd necessarily call it 'natural', most pedophiles are nutured not natured, but yes I believe it is a sexual desire.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only for it if its due to committing murder or any kind of sexual abuse on a child. If you punch someone else's ticket you punch yours too.

You should only be able to murder to protect yourself and your family.
    Otherwise it should be an eye for an eye.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol ......

Humans are the biggest predators around and do worse things compared to any bear lol......

Male bears routinely come out of hibernation and look for bear cubs to eat right away.

How many humans do you know worse things in the spring of every year.

I seen a wolf eatin the ass of a deer while it was still alive. LITERALLY eating its ass.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not really for the death penalty just cause its more expensive in the long run, too many innocent folks have been killed, and dying from the has chamber or any of that other ? was a far easier way to die than life in a cell.

Relatively speaking, the time they are "dying" is so short, most folks that are executed are alive, and then dead. What's even the point?? The terror of death comes from "dying" not actually being dead.

But I'm also a misanthrope so I don't really care.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol ......

tumblr_n1iwk5BiUR1tsh9bxo1_400.gif
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Lol ......

tumblr_n1iwk5BiUR1tsh9bxo1_400.gif

You right .....it's for vacationing
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    How so?

Idk if I'd necessarily call it 'natural', most pedophiles are nutured not natured, but yes I believe it is a sexual desire.

You can't have it both ways....

Either it's a desire that a person cannot help, kinda like people say when talking about homosexuality. Therefore it could be considered "natural".

Or people are "nurtured" or groomed into "preferring" children. And it's just a conscious decision.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2015
    Options
    How so?

Either it's a desire that a person cannot help, kinda like people say when talking about homosexuality. Therefore it could be considered "natural".

Or people are "nurtured" or groomed into "preferring" children. And it's just a conscious decision.

You knwo what I mean, if some ? sucker didn't molest them* then they probably wouldn't feel and think and turn out the way they do.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    How so?

You knwo what I mean, if some ? sucker didn't molest them* then they probably wouldn't feel and think and turn out the way they do.

noted-ryan-the-office.gif

I understand.....
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said, the real problem with the death penalty in this country is the incredibly slow appeal system. That's the main reason why death penalty cases costs so much; inmate sit on Death Row for decades, and lawyers rack up millions in hours on their appeal process.

China doesn't play that ? . their process is a two months tops, from sentence to execution.

Like I said, if the appeal process was shortened to a period of no more than three years to make sure said death sentence is warranted (meaning the person condemned is 100% guilty of the crime they were convicted of, AND that the nature of their crime fit the statute required to administer an execution), I honestly believe that could serve as a deterent to murder in this society. People would be less likely to go maniac about if they know that instead of being on Death Row for 15-30 years, they'd only be there for no more than three.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Special challenge to those against the death penalty.....Google Leonard Lake and Charles Ng. Then tell me some people don't deserve it
    WHEN Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas, he oversaw the execution of Ricky Ray Rector, a man so mentally disabled that he said he would save the pecan pie from his last meal “for later”. In 2002 the Supreme Court ruled that putting mentally ? people to death was “cruel and unusual”, and therefore unconstitutional. But the justices left it up to the states to define what “? ” meant, and this has proved so difficult that on March 3rd the issue came before the court again.
    http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21598681-can-you-execute-man-whose-iq-71-death-mentally-disabled

Happens far more than the stuff you talking

I'm not big on executing mentally ? people but if the crime is especially brutal, I'm not gonna have sympathy. I don't give a ? if Forrest Gump is on trial, if he or she has committed an especially brutal murder, I'll ? the muthafucka myself.

That goes for Ricky Ray too. If the crime is brutal and was not justified in ANY way, then my sympathy goes out the window.

Wtf. You're a horrible person

If a ? rapes, tortures, and goes on to murder someone in a brutal way, I don't give a ? , I'd murk the ? myself. It is what it is. Believe it or not, many intellectually disabled people know the difference between right and wrong. Like I said though, the crime would have to be especially brutal for me to want to do this.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Lol ......

Male bears routinely come out of hibernation and look for bear cubs to eat right away.

How many humans do you know worse things in the spring of every year.

I seen a wolf eatin the ass of a deer while it was still alive. LITERALLY eating its ass.

Oh yeah, animals are pretty disgusting and savage at times, but humans are still worst savages overall. We commit genocide and slavery on numbers animals don't do.

Ever heard of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng? They ? women on camera, tortured them and killed them with electric shocks, knives and even had slaves. Even killed infants with walls and rocks. There are serial killers who have ? parents in front of their children, and even drilled holes into people's brains and skulls as they were alive.

Humans have a much worse capacity of committing evil acts and torturing compared to any animal I can think of. It's one reason why I feel the death penalty is very, very necessary.

Also, I hope you killed that wolf lol
  • CEOFABRIC
    CEOFABRIC Members Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Options
    ? and pedophiles have to go.