Cam Newton for MVP? The madness has to stop...

Options
bow to royalty
bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
People are gettin WAY too caught up in the Panthers record and calling Cam Newton the MVP. This dude shouldn't even be getting serious consideration in my opinion. His numbers aren't that great, and his team is pretty damn good without him. MVP is usually chosen from 2 categories, and he's not leading in either.

1) Individual stats and level of play
2) How essential you are to team success.

AP or Brady I get. Cam Newton? Hell no

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think he will win. But.....as the QB of an 11-0 team, I don't have a problem with him being a top candidate.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    How do you know his team can win without him? Cam hasn't been hurt for an extended period of time. You could have a better argument if you didn't come off as a hater.

He has the 3rd leading rusher, and #2 defense (that has a LB that could be DPOY, and a corner who's playing like one of the best in the league this year). He's not on a team of scrubs. Don't say stupid things.

Let's address why you have a 5 year old, pre-season, incompletion underneath all your posts?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you know his team can win without him? Cam hasn't been hurt for an extended period of time. You could have a better argument if you didn't come off as a hater.

He has the 3rd leading rusher, and #2 defense (that has a LB that could be DPOY, and a corner who's playing like one of the best in the league this year). He's not on a team of scrubs. Don't say stupid things.

Let's address why you have a 5 year old, pre-season, incompletion underneath all your posts?

So you just going to go full Carl Thomas huh Lol.
    Ole emotional hating ass ?
  • bow to royalty
    Options

I hear you, but let's not ignore that this is a run first, defensive team. And the QB is having a career low in completion percentage. It's just wild to me. Brady is beastin, and the Vikings NEED AP.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

It needs to be addressed. It's old, wasn't a completion, and the game didn't matter. There has to be something better out there.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stewart is averaging less then 4 yards a carry and second in carries behind AP

Stewart is very average

Nobody in the NFL had rush for more 1st downs then Cam

Any back that average less then 4 yards is not good. He's only averaging .3 more yards a carry then Trent Richardson
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    New England and Carolina defense is giving up the same amount of points per game.

Points per game is more important then yards.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    New England and Carolina defense is giving up the same amount of points per game.

Pay no attention to the post that was here
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign this powerful ass thread
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    Why did you make this thread dog? There's still five games left, if cam ends up with around 28 pass tds and 10 rush tds, is it really that hard to fathom him winning the MVP? The Bucs future is looking bright, and you over here hating on another man's success, come on dog, you're better than that.

I didn't hate on the Panthers team. The squad is nice. But Cam getting MVP consideration is crazy to me.

Brady has 28 passing and 2 rushing TD's with 4 INT's. And he's completing 65% of his passes, and has 3,600 yards.

Cam has 20 passing and 7 rushing TD's with 9 INT's. He's completing 57% of his passes and has 2,466 yards.

I'm not knocking the squad, but I think Brady has better numbers and is more necessary to his team, and AP has more impressive numbers and is more important to his squad. Vikings have no passing game (31st in the league), and their only 3 losses are when AP had his least carries (10, 13, and 16 carries). That's crazy value to your squad. And he's the league leader in yards to go with it.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Why are you comparing New England defense and Carolina's defense?

Besides Cam, Brady is the the only other MVP candidate and his defense is just as good.

• bow to royalty
    Options

Why are you comparing New England defense and Carolina's defense?

Besides Cam, Brady is the the only other MVP candidate and his defense is just as good.

How is AP not a candidate? He's more important to the Vikings than Cam is to the Panthers, and his RB numbers are more impressive than Cam's QB numbers
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    He's not more important because he's not the QB

Cam is the running and passing game for Carolina.
    Options
    Why did you make this thread dog? There's still five games left, if cam ends up with around 28 pass tds and 10 rush tds, is it really that hard to fathom him winning the MVP? The Bucs future is looking bright, and you over here hating on another man's success, come on dog, you're better than that.

I didn't hate on the Panthers team. The squad is nice. But Cam getting MVP consideration is crazy to me.

Brady has 28 passing and 2 rushing TD's with 4 INT's. And he's completing 65% of his passes, and has 3,600 yards.

Cam has 20 passing and 7 rushing TD's with 9 INT's. He's completing 57% of his passes and has 2,466 yards.

I'm not knocking the squad, but I think Brady has better numbers and is more necessary to his team, and AP has more impressive numbers and is more important to his squad. Vikings have no passing game (31st in the league), and their only 3 losses are when AP had his least carries (10, 13, and 16 carries). That's crazy value to your squad. And he's the league leader in yards to go with it.

Sooooo, Chandler Jones isnt a dpoy candidate? Tom Brady hasn't been playing with an in his prime, first ballot hall of fame TE? You're so caught up in the completion percentage and yards, that you ignore the TDs. Cam leads his team in rushing TDs, and is tied for third in the league in rushing TDs. AP only has one more rushing TD than Cam on the season. ? what you're saying dog
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    give it to Cam
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Panthers have won despite Cam's play like 3 times this year. That Cowboys blowout? That was the defense. Cam didn't do ? that game. 16/27 (59% completed), 183 yards, 18 rushing yards 1 rushing TD. But they win 33-14.

Sooooo, Chandler Jones isnt a dpoy candidate? Tom Brady hasn't been playing with an in his prime, first ballot hall of fame TE? You're so caught up in the completion percentage and yards, that you ignore the TDs. Cam leads his team in rushing TDs, and is tied for third in the league in rushing TDs. AP only has one more rushing TD than Cam on the season. ? what you're saying dog

No he's not. And I nominated AP. He's having a great year, and shown the team can't win without him. I saw the TD's...he has less than Tom Brady, Like I said. He has less yards than Brady (even adding in his rushing), he has over twice as many INT's as Brady even though he's thrown the ball 120 less times.

Stop telling me Cam's good, and tell me why he's more deserving than Brady and AP.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, the individual stats aren't there. Yeah, they have a great defense.

Doesn't bother me one bit that he's getting MVP considerations, though.
    Options

Panthers have won despite Cam's play like 3 times this year. That Cowboys blowout? That was the defense. Cam didn't do ? that game. 16/27 (59% completed), 183 yards, 18 rushing yards 1 rushing TD. But they win 33-14.

No he's not. And I nominated AP. He's having a great year, and shown the team can't win without him. I saw the TD's...he has less than Tom Brady, Like I said. He has less yards than Brady (even adding in his rushing), he has over twice as many INT's as Brady even though he's thrown the ball 120 less times.

Stop telling me Cam's good, and tell me why he's more deserving than Brady and AP.

It's too many games left for me to say who deserves it right now. All you're saying is Brady has more TDs and a better completion percentage, he also plays in a pass first offense with a veteran better receiving core than Cam has. Greg Olsen is a too good, but he's no Gronk.

You say Cam has the number 3 rusher in the league. So it's Cam's fault that the patriots pass the ball 65 percent of the time. Brady, in 119 more pass attempts than Cam Newton, only has 7 more 20+ yard passes (43-36), and only 4 more 40+ yard passes (10-6).

As I said, there's 5 games left. We'll see what kinda numbers Brady puts up without some key targets. Against the Saints defense, Cam is liable to throw 6 td passes.

You're a fool if you don't see how valuable Cam Newton is to the Carolina Panthers.
  • bow to royalty
    edited December 2015
    Options

It's too many games left for me to say who deserves it right now. All you're saying is Brady has more TDs and a better completion percentage, he also plays in a pass first offense with a veteran better receiving core than Cam has. Greg Olsen is a too good, but he's no Gronk.

You say Cam has the number 3 rusher in the league. So it's Cam's fault that the patriots pass the ball 65 percent of the time. Brady, in 119 more pass attempts than Cam Newton, only has 7 more 20+ yard passes (43-36), and only 4 more 40+ yard passes (10-6).

As I said, there's 5 games left. We'll see what kinda numbers Brady puts up without some key targets. Against the Saints defense, Cam is liable to throw 6 td passes.

You're a fool if you don't see how valuable Cam Newton is to the Carolina Panthers.

There are games left, but this is when people start calling out MVP candidates. I doubt we hear anyone new in the next few weeks. The Patriots being a passing team is even MORE reason why Brady deserves the MVP over him. How you gonna say your team needs you (a QB) more, when they're a run first team, than the QB of a pass first team? They have a top defense, and run the ball twice as much as they pass, but their QB is the most important person on the team?

I was just up in Richmond today.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, Adrian Peterson is not more valuable than cam newton.

Options

There are games left, but this is when people start calling out MVP candidates. I doubt we hear anyone new in the next few weeks. The Patriots being a passing team is even MORE reason why Brady deserves the MVP over him. How you gonna say your team needs you (a QB) more, when they're a run first team, than the QB of a pass first team? They have a top defense, and run the ball twice as much as they pass, but their QB is the most important person on the team?

I was just up in Richmond today.

Panthers are a run first team, and Cam is there most productive rusher. He has more rushes for first downs than Jonathan Stewart, as well as more rushing touchdowns.

As far as Cam passing goes, he spreads the ball around to everyone, and has made good calls at the line of scrimmage all year. Don't say the Panthers win despite Cam, as if he was Trent Silver or some ? , Cam can play. He has let ? get away from him at times, but he makes good decisions. Trust me, I've watched every game this year.

What brings you to my boring ass city?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It needs to be addressed. It's old, wasn't a completion, and the game didn't matter. There has to be something better out there.

Do something about it or shut the ? up
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »
    No, Adrian Peterson is not more valuable than cam newton.

How is he not? He has one of the worst passing attacks in the league, but has put up over 1,300 yards from scrimmage in 11 games. Also has MIN winning their division.