Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Shawn Michaels is the most overrated wrestler ever
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge, Chris Jericho, Triple H and a few others I forgot.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Overrated by whom and in what way?

As far as work is concerned Austin vs Rock are overrated to me but I think they are awesome talents. I never really got hype for their matches together.

Goldberg is overrated, his job was easy as hell. Edge is too...see my Edge vs RKO thread for my feelings on him.

Hogan had the same match with everybody, some people say that about Flair too but Hogan's formula is ? ? awful and ruined a few really good matches he had...which is why his most classic matches to me are matches he lost...which I think is the point.

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I understand all he did for wrestling but I never liked hogan

Hogan and Warrior were definitely overrated.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John-Cena-john-cena-12141542-816-1023.jpg

lmao no one rates him highly. anyone who's objective about him is called a stan
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    the first three posts in this thread are insanely horrible btw, and that includes hhh, he's overrated but not nearly the most.

that'd be hogan or warrior.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cena overrated to me in the sense they been pushing this dude as the top star way too long now. He's not even a good talent and his character is just Hogan 2000. When they tried to act like "Rock vs Cena" was this huge deal, that solidified his overrated stature to me.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easily Bret Hart. Just because he is soooo dreadful on the mic but his matches are GOAT
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Here's my top 5 most overrated wrestlers:

Goldberg - if his matches went more than 5 minutes they were a snoozefest. He had no charisma, he had a cool persona and that's it. He wasn't even a good champion. He beat 97% of the WCW roster and it got to the point where it was just lame.

Hulk Hogan - boring ass matches, he was passionate but his matches were boring, his mic skills, gimmick and WWF's marketing machine were what made him so successful. Aside from that tho, you never hear him mentioned in most wrestlers' top 10 lists. Hogan was/is a terrible wrestler. He's even worse than Cena.

Lex Luger - big, buff and dumb as a rock, he had no ring skills, barely any athleticism, and the WORST gimmick. The Narcissist ? Get that ? outta here SMMFH. He barely even had a moveset, european uppercuts, forearm smashes, mudstomps, a body slam, or power slam, military press and the torture rack SMMFH.

Kevin Nash - if you breath, his legs go out SMMFH LOLOLOLOL. He had amazing mic skills but no in-ring ability at all. The quintessential 5 moves of doom example, he had a sidewalk slam, the uppercut, the big boot, the Jacknife Powerbom and the hair flip LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. How Nash was able to get to the top of the food chain in both promotions lends credence to the fact he was as swarmy and charming socially as they come.

? Foley - his matches were only entertaining because he got his ass beat every night in the worst way. ? if I wanted ? tho I'd just go watch ECW. He had multiple title reigns too, no hate just being real. He made harcore wrestling a staple in the WWE but the WWE used him as a ? to get one over ECW and stop ppl from watching it.

Scott Steiner - Just in-ring GARBAGE. Funny on a mic but no in-ring skills at all, the super steroids ? was a terrible gimmick. Somehow this ? got like 3 world championship runs in both WCW and the WWE. This fool had beach blonde hair, he shouldn't have been allowed to wrestle. Again he was another example of a swarmy dude who could politic but in the ring he was HORRIBLE.

Hulk before the Hulkamania gimmick could wrestle for a man his size
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Here's my top 5 most overrated wrestlers:

Goldberg - if his matches went more than 5 minutes they were a snoozefest. He had no charisma, he had a cool persona and that's it. He wasn't even a good champion. He beat 97% of the WCW roster and it got to the point where it was just lame.

Hulk Hogan - boring ass matches, he was passionate but his matches were boring, his mic skills, gimmick and WWF's marketing machine were what made him so successful. Aside from that tho, you never hear him mentioned in most wrestlers' top 10 lists. Hogan was/is a terrible wrestler. He's even worse than Cena.

Lex Luger - big, buff and dumb as a rock, he had no ring skills, barely any athleticism, and the WORST gimmick. The Narcissist ? Get that ? outta here SMMFH. He barely even had a moveset, european uppercuts, forearm smashes, mudstomps, a body slam, or power slam, military press and the torture rack SMMFH.

Kevin Nash - if you breath, his legs go out SMMFH LOLOLOLOL. He had amazing mic skills but no in-ring ability at all. The quintessential 5 moves of doom example, he had a sidewalk slam, the uppercut, the big boot, the Jacknife Powerbom and the hair flip LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. How Nash was able to get to the top of the food chain in both promotions lends credence to the fact he was as swarmy and charming socially as they come.

? Foley - his matches were only entertaining because he got his ass beat every night in the worst way. ? if I wanted ? tho I'd just go watch ECW. He had multiple title reigns too, no hate just being real. He made harcore wrestling a staple in the WWE but the WWE used him as a ? to get one over ECW and stop ppl from watching it.

Scott Steiner - Just in-ring GARBAGE. Funny on a mic but no in-ring skills at all, the super steroids ? was a terrible gimmick. Somehow this ? got like 3 world championship runs in both WCW and the WWE. This fool had beach blonde hair, he shouldn't have been allowed to wrestle. Again he was another example of a swarmy dude who could politic but in the ring he was HORRIBLE.

dont u ever dare disrespect the insanity that is ? foley, id stuff a sock in yo mouth
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    For me it's between RVD, Edge and Jeff Hardy.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In terms of what hype or ring skills or both? I would say Sting.....when WCW was hot, they use to sweat sting he would make random appearances every few months. Dude was a poor mans crow, his whole gimmick was cheesy.

Add Hogan on that list to
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RobCoLife wrote: »
    26.jpg

Who in the hell hold him in high regard for him to be considered overrated
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO

its Hulk Hogan w/o a doubt tbh I never really found him THAT entertaining not even Hollywood Hogan

still cant deny his impact on the biz tho...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »

you already know where Im going with this.....

HoarseLoathsomeAidi.gif

lol gotdamn he even super sized the gif
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ric Flair

Go ? yourself in advance
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    For me it's between RVD, Edge and Jeff Hardy.
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    In terms of what hype or ring skills or both? I would say Sting.....when WCW was hot, they use to sweat sting he would make random appearances every few months. Dude was a poor mans crow, his whole gimmick was cheesy.
    Ric Flair
    HoarseLoathsomeAidi.gif

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Ok ? . How is hbk NOT overrated?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok ? . How is hbk NOT overrated?

because he's hbk
    foh

ring-apron.gif

but speaking of hbk, I said a few weeks ago dolphs been the next big thing for 5 years. marks love this dude. he's good, but they overrate the ? out of him. dude is Michaels bastard son. we've seen this character before and ziggler adds nothing to it. his mic work is decent, better heel than face. i'll give him that

but like I said yesterday, ziggler looks weak in every match. he's always getting his ass beat. he rarely looks strong. his moveset doesn't impress me that much. wwe making him a glorified jobber hasn't helped either. and his theme?

"I'm here to show the world do the job, come on!!!!"

lol naw man

now after saying all of that...I still think he can perform. but I always thought dude was overhyped amongst fans