Gaming News, Articles, Reviews, upcoming releases, etc...

Options

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    Who is hype for Knack 2?

Did you play the first 1, I didnt was it good?

No I didn't. I heard it's pretty poor.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is hype for Knack 2?

Did you play the first 1, I didnt was it good?

No I didn't. I heard it's pretty poor.

Yeah thats what I heard also.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PlayStation Ultimate Holiday Pack announced by Sony
    Published December 9, 2016 5:53pm
    By MICHAEL LOGARTA

Sony recently announced the PlayStation Ultimate Holiday Pack, a special bundle that consists of the slimmer PlayStation 4 and a pair of games suitable for all ages.

The PlayStation Ultimate Holiday Pack is priced at PHP 18,900 and is now available at PlayStation Authorized Dealers in the Philippines.

The bundle is comprised of:

Slim PlayStation 4 with 1-year extended warranty

The new slimmer PlayStation 4 model boasts a 500GB HDD. It supports High-Dynamic Range (HDR), and is also 28% more energy efficient and 16% lighter than the standard PlayStation 4 model.

Outside of the bundle, the slim PlayStation 4 retails at PHP 17,300.

The PlayStation Ultimate Holiday Pack also awards buyers free 1-year extended warranty service for their PlayStation 4. This free service covers all original accessories that come with the console.

Game: “Little Big Planet 3”

The third installment in the popular “Little Big Planet” series, “Little Big Planet 3” is a 2D side-scrolling puzzle-platformer that continues the adventures of Sackboy. This time around, he is joined by sack-allies: the bird-like creature named Swoop, who is able to fly and carry characters; a dog-like thing called OddSock, who boasts superior speed and wall-jumping capabilities; and Toggle, a bipedal character who can switch between a large, heavy, strongman form, and a small, light, speedster form.

Together, the friends must make their way through gorgeously “handcrafted” levels in their attempt to thwart the evil Titans, and the world’s worst Creator, Newton, from destroying the planet Bunkum.

Like its predecessors, “Little Big Planet 3” also allows players to create their own levels using materials they pick up in the story campaign. They can then share these levels online with the global “Little Big Planet” community. They can also play the levels created and uploaded by other people.

Game: “Dragon Quest Builders”

“Dragon Quest Builders” is an action role-playing game set in an enormous sandbox world made of blocks.

Using various tools, players can destroy objects, then use their blocks to create new things – such as buildings, vehicles, weapons, armor, and more. You can even create traps to defend your base from monsters. If you like thinking big, you can build an entire town, castle, theme park, or whatever strikes your fancy.

“Dragon Quest Builders” even has a story. Set after the original “Dragon Quest,” you’re tasked with rebuilding a world that has been overrun by monsters. The game’s RPG elements will have you going on quests, fighting monsters, and helping people in need.

For more information, visit the official PlayStation Asia Facebook Page. — TJD, GMA News
    - See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/591916/scitech/technology/playstation-ultimate-holiday-pack-announced-by-sony#sthash.pcAxXyiG.dpuf
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony’s PlayStation 4 Just Passed 50 Million Units Sold

Matt Peckham @mattpeckham

Dec. 7, 2016
    Sony
    That's counting both PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro sales worldwide

Sony’s PlayStation 4 video games console continues to rack up strong sales numbers: The company says the system, available in 122 countries, just passed the 50 million units sold through worldwide mark. The PlayStation 4 passed its last major milestone, 40 million units sold through, back in May.

“Sold through” refers to units actually sold to consumers, as opposed to “shipped,” which refers only to units sent to retailers. Sony says the system passed the 50 million threshold on Dec. 6, in part because of what it describes as “the best ever Black Friday week in the history of PlayStation.” The figure is also a reminder that overall platform health is a global metric. Microsoft’s Xbox One, which has lagged significantly behind the PlayStation 4 in adoption rates, has outsold the PlayStation 4 domestically for the past several months.

Sony adds that it’s also sold about 370 million physical and digital software units life-to-date (software sales as well as online subscriptions and accessories are where the deeper profits lie). The company notes that the sales figures include both the PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro systems. The latter is what the company calls its souped-up, ultra-high-definition iteration of the PlayStation 4 family that launched on Nov. 10. (You can read TIME’s review of the PS4 Pro here.)
  • Karl.
    Options
    So Dead Rising 4 outsold The Last Guardian.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Sony’s PlayStation 4 Just Passed 50 Million Units Sold

Matt Peckham @mattpeckham

Dec. 7, 2016
    Sony
    That's counting both PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro sales worldwide

Sony’s PlayStation 4 video games console continues to rack up strong sales numbers: The company says the system, available in 122 countries, just passed the 50 million units sold through worldwide mark. The PlayStation 4 passed its last major milestone, 40 million units sold through, back in May.

“Sold through” refers to units actually sold to consumers, as opposed to “shipped,” which refers only to units sent to retailers. Sony says the system passed the 50 million threshold on Dec. 6, in part because of what it describes as “the best ever Black Friday week in the history of PlayStation.” The figure is also a reminder that overall platform health is a global metric. Microsoft’s Xbox One, which has lagged significantly behind the PlayStation 4 in adoption rates, has outsold the PlayStation 4 domestically for the past several months.

Sony adds that it’s also sold about 370 million physical and digital software units life-to-date (software sales as well as online subscriptions and accessories are where the deeper profits lie). The company notes that the sales figures include both the PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro systems. The latter is what the company calls its souped-up, ultra-high-definition iteration of the PlayStation 4 family that launched on Nov. 10. (You can read TIME’s review of the PS4 Pro here.)

Crazy how that's still 30 million short of the PSP.
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone anticipating Horizon: New Dawn?

Looks like it's got a similar feel to it as shadows of mordor, concept looks decent.

Thinking of purchasing first day.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What's up with the PS VR? ? sold out everywhere. Anyone know if Sony plans to ship more out before Christmas? Can't find a any news anywhere.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    What's up with the PS VR? ? sold out everywhere. Anyone know if Sony plans to ship more out before Christmas? Can't find a any news anywhere.

Apparently they are having trouble manufacturing
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone anticipating Horizon: New Dawn?

Looks like it's got a similar feel to it as shadows of mordor, concept looks decent.

Thinking of purchasing first day.

Yeah thats the type of game i trust. No big fancy advertising, no ITS THE GAME OF HISTORY EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE a la DESTINY.

• Karl.
    Options
    It's looks pretty cool. I really don't get the hype though.
  • Karl.
    Options
    My mother just called talking bout my nephew spent £70 on minecraft skins on the PSN. Lmao

Only themselves to blame.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother just called talking bout my nephew spent £70 on minecraft skins on the PSN. Lmao

Only themselves to blame.

convert that to US dollars fam
  • The Recipe
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Around 100 USD
  • AP21
    Options
    Around 100 USD

oh yea...then eff all of dat lol
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Ps4 getting external hard drive support.

https://youtu.be/UPt-X62KkSg
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Recipe
    Options
    External HD support is live on PSN.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ace890
    ace890 Members Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Recipe
    Options
    ace890 wrote: »
    Destiny 2. 'World Premiere' on March 30th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ4i0AT8c-M

First Day Preorder....
  • AP21
    Options
    Steams annual summer sale started yesterday

fap
  • Karl.
    Options
    Just got an email saying PS+ is going up by £10.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Just got an email saying PS+ is going up by £10.

Again? Or did it not go up in price last year in the UK like it did in the US.