A pass in terms of what?

Im guessing in wackness..
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    TayGettem wrote: »
    I feel what u saying but I feel more like the legends get a pass when it comes to getting compared to knew cats.
    ? act like this old cats haven't lost a step in rap and can out rap or wash all this new cats out which isn't the case
    The games changed and rappers have gotten better
    Hell Larry bird scored 647 3pointers his entire 13yr career
    Curry done scored 687 3pointers since 2013 season

? changes so to sit here and say the Wu-Tang and KRS-One can out rap ? like Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean even Drake is hilarious
    Old cats just live off nostalgic times and don't wanna pass the torch or even admit Jay and Nas ain't as good as they use to be and might can't out rap this young ? no more

Yeah but the three point line started in the 1979-1980 season. That was Larry Bird's rookie year. He might have never taken a three point shot before his rookie year. Curry's probably been practicing three point shots since he was a little kid.

Bad analogy.

U don't know what Larry did ? before his rookie yr ur speculating now
    A good shooter is a good shooter regardless of how u twist it
    ? had 13yrs to drop 3's foh curry passed him in 3 seasons
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel what u saying but I feel more like the legends get a pass when it comes to getting compared to knew cats.
    ? act like this old cats haven't lost a step in rap and can out rap or wash all this new cats out which isn't the case
    ? changes so to sit here and say the Wu-Tang and KRS-One can out rap ? like Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean even Drake is hilarious
    Old cats just live off nostalgic times and don't wanna pass the torch or even admit Jay and Nas ain't as good as they use to be and might can't out rap this young ? no more

Why couldnt method man out rap drake or kendric lamar

Im not saying he couldn't he was just a example what I'm sayin is ? act like the best rappers from the past could all survive in the rap game today.
    Some of this rappers y'all praise ain't touched a mic in a decade but y'all still act like they could out rap whoever whenever ? ridiculous

Nobody is saying KRS or Rakim could outrap Cole, Kendrick and Drake in 2015 (although I'd take Rakim over those guys any day). What we're saying that we remember back when we were in High School and Fill In The Blank was the hottest MC. We can remember listening to his album every day for a couple of months and he had two or three classic albums in a row.

Just because you're too young to remember when that rapper was popular, don't hate.

And whats wrong with reminiscing about rappers that were hot 10-15 years ago?

KRS, Rakim and LL Cool J had the game on lock in 1987. When you get older you'll be reminiscing about Drake, Cole and Kendrick and how they had the game on lock in 2015. Same difference.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melle Mel was an innovator, WTF you on about fam???

Ice-T too??? Dude was MAD nice on the mic and put the West on the map... He 'stopped' rapping on top of his game, didnt go down and or go commercial RAP wise...

So what does Ice get pass for??? He became a legend for a reason, he was dope... Dude was from the West and was doing shows in New York with Bambaataa, KRS One, Just Ice, P.E and them...

Ice-T was the first west coast gangsta rapper true. Which is why he got a pass. Even people back then called him wack.

And Preemo was a cat from the south doing east coast music. And Bushwick bill was from New York. And Doc from Dallas, Rage from Virginia etc. Whats your point?

1rlHlYK.png

Ice T has one of the best catalogs in hip hop history...

You dont become a legend by being wack, you said he was a legend, which implies he was deemed as dope... What does he get a pass for??? He quit rap at his peak, which indicates he never fell off... So in reality, you just dont like his music...

'6 IN THE MORNIN POLICE AT MY DOOR' that line alone is so iconic...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't say it is a pass but whenever nas gets an endorsement people act like hes some super sophisticated businessman and mogul status like Russel Simmons, hov, etc. When the fact of the matters is he isn't really a savvy top notch businessman hes just a rapper who got offered an endorsement.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why couldnt method man out rap drake or kendric lamar

Im not saying he couldn't he was just a example what I'm sayin is ? act like the best rappers from the past could all survive in the rap game today.
    Some of this rappers y'all praise ain't touched a mic in a decade but y'all still act like they could out rap whoever whenever ? ridiculous

Nobody is saying KRS or Rakim could outrap Cole, Kendrick and Drake in 2015 (although I'd take Rakim over those guys any day). What we're saying that we remember back when we were in High School and Fill In The Blank was the hottest MC. We can remember listening to his album every day for a couple of months and he had two or three classic albums in a row.

Just because you're too young to remember when that rapper was popular, don't hate.

And whats wrong with reminiscing about rappers that were hot 10-15 years ago?

KRS, Rakim and LL Cool J had the game on lock in 1987. When you get older you'll be reminiscing about Drake, Cole and Kendrick and how they had the game on lock in 2015. Same difference.

Ain't nun wrong with reminiscing I'm sayin some of y'all B on some hero worship ? when they get compared to artist of today
    ? B like so and so from da past is way more lyrical den Kendrick yada yada
    It's ridiculous
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen people on here big up so called legends and act like they were actually hot at one point but can't seem to point out a dope album or even a song.

Ice-T and Krs fits in this category

are you serious?

https://www.google.com/search?q=krs+one+hits&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

click that ? and stop trying to look stupid on the internet.

and that's not even including BDP
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Lol ice t from jersey

Yeah, thats not the point though, he was raised in South Central from like 9 years old onwards and made West Coast hip hop... People call Pac a West Coast rapper and he moved to the West at like 17...

Wack Flocka was born in Queens but moved to ATL and does Southern Trap Music...
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    This came out in 1991. Out of curiosity, what do you think people were listening to in 1991? Who were the hottest MCs? Drake, Cole and Kendrick weren't even born and if they were they couldn't talk yet.

The Bridge Is Over (Live) - KRS One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gqDdQFj0D4
  • 5 Grand
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This came out in 1991. Out of curiosity, what do you think people were listening to in 1991? Who were the hottest MCs? Drake, Cole and Kendrick weren't even born and if they were they couldn't talk yet.

Cube
    Rakim
    Kane
    Kool G
    LL
    Pac
    Chuck D
    Scarface
    Buckshot
    Treach
    DJ Quik
    Eazy
    Phife Dawg
    Snoop

Just to name a few
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Melle Mel was an innovator, WTF you on about fam???

Ice-T too??? Dude was MAD nice on the mic and put the West on the map... He 'stopped' rapping on top of his game, didnt go down and or go commercial RAP wise...

So what does Ice get pass for??? He became a legend for a reason, he was dope... Dude was from the West and was doing shows in New York with Bambaataa, KRS One, Just Ice, P.E and them...

Ice-T was the first west coast gangsta rapper true. Which is why he got a pass. Even people back then called him wack.

And Preemo was a cat from the south doing east coast music. And Bushwick bill was from New York. And Doc from Dallas, Rage from Virginia etc. Whats your point?

1rlHlYK.png

Ice T has one of the best catalogs in hip hop history...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4860-1365085774-15.gif

Breda you only have to listen to rappers like Scarface giving him mad props...

Rhyme Pays - Gold

Power - Plat

Orignal Gangsta - Gold

Home Invasion - Gold

Four real dope albums, that alot of people bought... And that was from 1987 - 1993, if he hadnt quit to start acting Im sure he would of dropped more heat... Im not into metal but his 'Body Count' music got alot of credit...

• 5 Grand
    Options

Cube
    Rakim
    Kane
    Kool G
    LL

Just to name a few

So you think people were listening to Cube, Rakim, Kane, Kool G Rap, LL Cool J but they weren't listening to KRS One or Ice T?

Does that make sense?
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was one of my favorites from back in the day by Krs1
    https://youtu.be/n4XXx2vS4c4
    I don't subscribe to some of his beliefs, but i can't deny him being an innovator within hiphop. He helped push the knowledge raps to the forefront in hiphop at the time
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Dude is clearly trolling...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Cube
    Rakim
    Kane
    Kool G
    LL

Just to name a few

So you think people were listening to Cube, Rakim, Kane, Kool G Rap, LL Cool J but they weren't listening to KRS One or Ice T?

Does that make sense?

Just updated my list. I'm not saying people weren't listening to him. You told me to name Rappers that were better.

Maybe it's taste. I remember being at the rock the bells festival and they gave KRS a small ass venue in a tent with the likes of immortal technique and an unknown cheif Keef(Keef didn't even show up)

Whereas EPMD, Das Efx and even K-Solo got a bigger stage.

I guess it's about taste. I never liked KRS, he comes off as too preachy to me.

I'm looking for hard hitting rhymes and someone that's nice on the mic. Not just someone who can rap.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Ice T's trash, always been and will be.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Dude is clearly trolling...

And y'all fall for it every single time.

Gotta give y'all props tho. ? hilarious to me.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reason's beloved Nas & Krs One
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cube
    Rakim
    Kane
    Kool G
    LL
    Pac
    Chuck D
    Scarface
    Buckshot
    Treach