Video: As a prank some Saltine mother gave her privileged daughters 2 black baby dolls for Xmas...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1 or 2 things

She is proud her little girls are racist

Or

She promised them other toys then swapped em for some ?

If my moms said your getting a snes and I open a white action figure I may look unpleased as well
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    She should hope no one recognizes her kids with her on the street. Shes gonna have some explaining to do.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even blame those ? kids everybody that is healthy in their minds prefers their own people

AND I DON'T care who calls me a bigot for telling the truth
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn! @Kat taking this Xmas pranks a bit too far this year.

But honestly, who cares. My niece got a white doll for Xmas last year and did the same exact thing. These same girls will be imitating Rihanna video in a couple years.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oldest kid the only one in the room with some sense.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not watching that. But did the mother teach a lesson or just laugh?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm failing to see the humor in this.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    I don't even blame those ? kids everybody that is healthy in their minds prefers their own people

That is true, but why she think that was funny? I chalk that up to their mom just being a lame.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Call CPS and take the kids away
  • Kat
    Options
    I'm not watching that. But did the mother teach a lesson or just laugh?

She laughed like a ? ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »
    1 or 2 things

She is proud her little girls are racist

Or

She promised them other toys then swapped em for some ?

If my moms said your getting a snes and I open a white action figure I may look unpleased as well

Yup, we need more context.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get it. I don't think there is anything wrong with the kids' reaction. They didn't get what they wanted. The parents gave them what amounted to gag gifts. What's more ? up is that the mother thinks using black dolls as a Christmas prank is cool. What kinda message does that send?

On another note, I've seen lots of little white girls walking around with Doc McStuffin paraphernalia, so it's not like they are all against black toys.
  • Kat
    Options
    Clearly nobody's issue is with the children.

The mother is an idiot.
  • zzombie
    edited December 2015
    Options

wrong....why don't black or other race toddlers cry when they get a white baby?

It's simple because at that age..they dont have a notion of race. Racism is learned and taught. you aren't born that way.

black children inherit their parents inferiority complexes .what i am saying is not something that just pulled out of my ass it's been proven that white people have less empathy for people of different races www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108582/

like it or not they don't like your black ass
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

Kids dont behave like this without their parents influence. Little kids are too creative and fascinated with the beauty of everything to make such clear distinctions regarding whether they dislike anyone based on something as simple as color. White kids are taught to not like black dolls. Black kids are taught to not like black dolls.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That's disgusting.

And the mom doesn't appear to realize that the girls' reactions say more about her parenting than anything about the girls.

Or maybe she doesn't care, since it is anonymous.
  • zzombie
    Options

Kids dont behave like this without their parents influence. Little kids are too creative and fascinated with the beauty of everything to make such clear distinctions regarding whether they dislike anyone based on something as simple as color. White kids are taught to not like black dolls. Black kids are taught to not like black dolls.

THE CHILDREN in that video were not toddlers people are born with in group preferences the only thing parents/environment do is make stronger whatever our natural preferences are
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That reaction, by the way, is not a result of a natural preference. It's a result of having absorbed the anti-black attitudes prevalent in that household. Which isn't to say that most white kids wouldn't take a white doll over a black one if they had to choose.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

THE CHILDREN in that video were not toddlers people are born with in group preferences the only thing parents/environment do is make stronger whatever our natural preferences are

Have you ever seen a black child open up a white doll and be disappointed? I would be willing to give you that if there were 2 dolls, one black and one white, and they selected the one that was white to keep. They received a doll and they are upset that it's black.
  • zzombie
    Options

Have you ever seen a black child open up a white doll and be disappointed? I would be willing to give you that if there were 2 dolls, one black and one white, and they selected the one that was white to keep. They received a doll and they are upset that it's black.

like i said before black children fall in love with white people almost right out of the ? by the time they are old enough to express disappointment it's already to late and what would have been their natural preference for black dolls has already been compromised.

the doll test already did that and it proved that white children prefer white dolls it's only our stupid black ? that love white people more than we love our own.