Chris Rock: If Jennifer Lawrence Were Black, She’d Really Have Something To Complain About

Options

Comments

• grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I honestly don't think it was a ploy to get his name out there more or ? in her argument. He in my opinion is just putting it out there that as bad as she says it is it's even worse for others.

I mean, she is everywhere right now and getting paid low, so think how bad it is for people barely even getting parts in general? Not to mention the fact that whole groups of people are underrepresented as a whole in movies and television. Not just black folks but people of color in general.

That's the thing tho. These problems are nothing new. Who doesn't know this? She gotta feel bad cuz of issues that will sadly continue to exist after she gets paid? I'm tired of famous ? who point out the issues but I never see news about them trying to make a difference.

How much these females get paid to play in his average ass movies?
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris been said he 'Never Scared'. Meanwhile lebron can't find a way to definitively say the tamir rice situation makes him feel some type of way as the most prolific black man in that state if not the country. Sad most of these negros getting a piece of the pie to scared to say ? .

Cant no ? say ? about lebron. He put in too many dollars and too much work. Thats dead bruh.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    I honestly don't think it was a ploy to get his name out there more or ? in her argument. He in my opinion is just putting it out there that as bad as she says it is it's even worse for others.

I mean, she is everywhere right now and getting paid low, so think how bad it is for people barely even getting parts in general? Not to mention the fact that whole groups of people are underrepresented as a whole in movies and television. Not just black folks but people of color in general.

That's the thing tho. These problems are nothing new. Who doesn't know this? She gotta feel bad cuz of issues that will sadly continue to exist after she gets paid? I'm tired of famous ? who point out the issues but I never see news about them trying to make a difference.

How much these females get paid to play in his average ass movies?

I feel the point he is making has nothing to really do with making her feel bad. If she or anybody else takes it as such then I truly don't know what to say. He is piggy backing off of what she said with other facts. Since people are talking about her comments and with her popularity right now, maybe people will see his response and start to think and speak out about that also. ? , maybe even she will speak up on the subject since she has the "it" girl status right now.

As far as Chris doing something about it I feel he does when he has projects (films he actually helps produce or write) he makes sure to have black people represented and not just the super famous or hot at the time people.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't she like the highest paid actress what is she even complaing about.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris been said he 'Never Scared'. Meanwhile lebron can't find a way to definitively say the tamir rice situation makes him feel some type of way as the most prolific black man in that state if not the country. Sad most of these negros getting a piece of the pie to scared to say ? .

Man, WHAAAAT?!?!?! Lmfao Geez yall mfers are the worst

? -like reach on the debate skills
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats her own ? fault, didnt she freely admit she aint try to negotiate more money and bradley cooper did?

? thought because shes a blonde haired blue eyed becky that she should get some sort of special privilege, wrong.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Rock my ? & all, but that ? was needless to say & in all honestly was probably said to get his fading name out there for shock value. Of COURSE its harder for black women, but it still don't make the issue of women in general not getting a fair shake any less important. Throwin race out there for this issue wasn't necessary.

Someone gets it.

Usually when he opines it comes at a logical point, but this just---you could' if you were black you'd REEEEALLY have a problem' to anything.

MAYBE this is what it feels like when feminists and ? attach their isues to ours outta the blue , its cheap.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why isn't Jennifer Lawrence fighting for equal pay for black actresses to their white peers. Why isn't she protesting for more roles for black women. Just like i thought, he cause is self serving and ain't got ? to do with no equality.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Chris Rock my ? & all, but that ? was needless to say & in all honestly was probably said to get his fading name out there for shock value. Of COURSE its harder for black women, but it still don't make the issue of women in general not getting a fair shake any less important. Throwin race out there for this issue wasn't necessary.

Someone gets it.

Usually when he opines it comes at a logical point, but this just---you could' if you were black you'd REEEEALLY have a problem' to anything.

MAYBE this is what it feels like when feminists and ? attach their isues to ours outta the blue , its cheap.

So he's not wrong?

The problem you have is that he said something “logical" about race?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh the patriarchy!
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She made 52 million dollars. What the hell is she crying about? If it's for herself she needs to be quiet. To compare to someone like RDJ he's been at it much longer his money is going to be longer. I know there is a gap but she's winning right now.

We don't know the ins and outs of her contract but I know its always in the news that RDJ negotiated that ? . He also legitimately brought Marvel back from the dead. He earned that ? . Not to say you earn 80 million but y'all get what I'm saying.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If hoes wanna make more maybe the should go into careers like engineering instead of elementary education.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She made 52 million dollars. What the hell is she crying about? If it's for herself she needs to be quiet. To compare to someone like RDJ he's been at it much longer his money is going to be longer. I know there is a gap but she's winning right now.

We don't know the ins and outs of her contract but I know its always in the news that RDJ negotiated that ? . He also legitimately brought Marvel back from the dead. He earned that ? . Not to say you earn 80 million but y'all get what I'm saying.

RDJ single handily revived marvel, when it was time to renegotiate with Marvel he played hardball with their ass I think in his his contract he even gets a piece of the merchandise profit that negotiating made him the highest paid actor in 2015. Jennifer had the most screen time in that recent X-Men trailer from the looks of it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She believes she deserves more. Its not about what she has. If she is the star and getting the most screen time, why are other people making more than her? Thats the question. How much she made isn't the question.

She needs to walk on some of these projects to make a point.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    jono wrote: »

She believes she deserves more. Its not about what she has. If she is the star and getting the most screen time, why are other people making more than her? Thats the question. How much she made isn't the question.

What does her movies generate in comparison to stars that's higher earning than her. It's a supply and demand issue to me, not a gender one. It's like female athletes thinking they should be paid the same as their male counterparts. Are they generating the same revenue on average, probably not.
  • usmarin3
    Options

What does her movies generate in comparison to stars that's higher earning than her. It's a supply and demand issue to me, not a gender one. It's like female athletes thinking they should be paid the same as their male counterparts. Are they generating the same revenue on average, probably not.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock top5 DOA

Need a new special
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

She wouldn't keep getting top billing if she wasn't grossing numbers. She is the lead in most of these flicks. She is the face on the billboards, in the commercials etc. If she wasn't the draw there would be no reason for argument.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What movie has this chick carried by herself? Hunger Games, X-Men, are basically a established franchise where a monkey could of played her role and it would of done 300 mil. All her other flicks she was a co-lead. She has never had to carry a movie like RDJ did with Sherlock Holmes.

I can't think of one movie this chick has carried to huge success that wasn't an established brand.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jennifer knows she gotta go through that ? /bukakke treatment in Hollywood and she don't want to, now she's complaining.

Those Jewish elites like "you want your bank account laced, well ? take it to the face!"

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jennifer knows she gotta go through that ? /bukakke treatment in Hollywood and she don't want to, now she's complaining.

Those Jewish elites like "you want your bank account laced, well ? take it to the face!"

Ever seen the fappening?

I think she did the casting couch and she not getting the results.

And this ? better not be complaining about her rile in xmen...her mystique is horrible.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell that ? viola davis stop taking all the upset mama roles
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Tell that ? viola davis stop taking all the upset mama roles

That ? is typecast because she doesn't have that sex appeal look. She gotta be a mama, slave, or some administrative (principal, secretary, vice president) role.