jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Off The Turn Buckle
perfect.jpg

wwemdm5.jpg

Better Overall Wrestler: Mr. Perfect vs The Million Dollar Man 19 votes

Mr. Perfect
89%
Dupacethoswillhustleaneed123jonoKillaChamL.O.S.T.its....JOHN Bplayboy buddy roseTurfaholicTrollio Vader_F_Kennedy[Deleted User]$tayRichROLLINRawAceLouis DevinearBangEm_Bart 17 votes
The Million Dollar Man
10%
Mister B.JohnBlackwell 2 votes

Comments

• jono
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Perfect the better wrestler dude in a league with the likes of

Bret
    Kurt
    Benoit
    And the technical wrestlers

His matches with Bret are some of the greatest of all time
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The Million Dollar Man
    DiBiase got hosed back in the day. He should've been a world champ at least twice in those early WM 3-4 days. He was a much better talent. He would've been a BOSS-ass heel champ, buying his way out of title defenses.

Perfect was cool, but he was NEVER going to be main event material. Wrestling wise, Perfect was a better athlete, y'all get that.
  • jono
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    I agree. DiBiase would have been a hugely successful Champion if given the run but ...Hogan

I think Perfect could have reached that spot in 1993-1994 but his back had slowed him up and Vince was beginning his New Generation kick with Perfect being seen as one of the "Old Guard" that needed to be moved out of the way.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    Too easy
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    jono wrote: »
    I agree. DiBiase would have been a hugely successful Champion if given the run but ...Hogan

I think Perfect could have reached that spot in 1993-1994 but his back had slowed him up and Vince was beginning his New Generation kick with Perfect being seen as one of the "Old Guard" that needed to be moved out of the way.

Nah. You can blame that on ? Tonk Man for ? up a Dibiase run towards the WWF Championship back in the day. HTM didn't want to drop the IC Title to the Macho Man in late '87 at a SNME taping. Dibiase was originally booked to win the tournament at WM IV. So Vince put the belt on Savage at WM IV instead which ? up plans they had for Dibiase. Ironically, HTM was never supposed to get a run with the IC Title in the first place and had it for 14 months. After he dropped the belt, he end up jobberville the remainder of his run in WWF lol.

Vince should have told HTM ? the dumb ? and do the job for Savage on that SNME taping. Dibiase could/should have been World Champion during his prime in WWF and won that tournament. I think he was supposed to get exact run that Savage had with the belt eventually, losing it to Hogan at WM V.
  • jono
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    You know what I've heard that story so you probably right.

M$M also said that he was given a choice between the million dollar title and the world title and he CHOSE the million dollar title because he would get money from the Vince selling replicas and it was great for his gimmick to just make his own title nobody else could win.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    jono wrote: »
    You know what I've heard that story so you probably right.

M$M also said that he was given a choice between the million dollar title and the world title and he CHOSE the million dollar title because he would get money from the Vince selling replicas and it was great for his gimmick to just make his own title nobody else could win.

Hmm... didn't know that until now. It sounds dumb from a logic standpoint but smart financially. As far as having a title nobody else could win... Why have Jake The Snake challenge for the Million Dollar championship one year & then have Virgil challenge for it the following year at SummerSlam and winning it then holding the title for 3 months?

Dibiase had the Million $ Championship and did nothing with it for the 2 years he had it until Vince teamed him up with I.R.S. to form Money Inc. Which they win the titles on a few occasions. Dibiase should have been more than a tag champ during his run in WWF.
  • jono
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    I don't know what he was thinking. But i remember him saying it when he was interviewed.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Too easy

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    that belt was clean thou

milliondollarbelt.jpg
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    The Million Dollar Man
    Dibiase was a better promo and brawler. A more believable headliner.

Perfect was more spectacular, but always felt upper mid card.

I'd go with Teddy.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    mdm had tha betta gimmick but perfect was on anotha level wrestling wise
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Between these two and Rick Rude the WWF ? up big time
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    nc81 wrote: »
    Between these two and Rick Rude the WWF ? up big time

The Warrior and hogan runs ? it up for Afew folks
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As someone who followed both careers during their WWF prime this is actually tough to call based on their work there. Even moreso when you factor in Mid-South, All-Japan, AWA and NWA.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect
    ? Tonkin ? up Jake the snakes run too