Thanos w/guantlet VS Zeus! who taking the L?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Quite Comical
very curious

Comments

• nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    With the IG Thanos bosses the elders of the universe. I don't think Zeus does that.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IG places Thanos clearly above Zeus and all skyfathers. All of the Elders of the Universe aren't of the same powerlevel. You have some who are on par with skyfathers but most of them aren't.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos with the IG takes out most of the Marvel universe. Unfair fight.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ this question. TC did you actually read the IG Saga comic. If not, your answer is there.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ this question. TC did you actually read the IG Saga comic. If not, your answer is there.

not a comic dude but overheard some dude talking about it
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Shiiieeet Thanos With Salad Fork Would Probably Give Zeus The Bizness....IG Is OVERKILL
  • jaxn
    Options
    nah, Zeus is still a skyfather. he would beat Thanos
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2016
    Options

Oh ok, I can understand that. Well to put it in perspective Thanos with the IG made Eternity his ? literally. Eternity is basically the embodiment of the universe and about as far above Zeus as Zeus is above normal people.
    jaxn wrote: »

That may or may not be true. Odin gave Thanos that work, but Odin is typically depicted to be a little stronger than other Skyfathers.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos with IG is the equivalent of Batman using 45% of his brain power.
  • jaxn
    Options

Oh ok, I can understand that. Well to put it in perspective Thanos with the IG made Eternity his ? literally. Eternity is basically the embodiment of the universe and about as far above Zeus as Zeus is above normal people.

That may or may not be true. Odin gave Thanos that work, but Odin is typically depicted to be a little stronger than other Skyfathers.
    I'm pretty sure Zeus would beat Thanos considering he's skyfather level and Thanos is not. What other skyfathers are you referencing? People must somehow assume Odin is stronger because he has more appearances than other skyfathers, but there's nothing in comics that I'm aware of that states or shows Odin as being stronger than other skyfathers.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Odin has consistently been shown to command more respect and be more highly regarded. Every time the Skyfathers have called a meeting, Odin has been the one to lead. It was Odin that took the forefront when the Celestials first came.

I'm not saying that he is the strongest or that him being the leader automatically makes him the strongest. But the fact that Skyfathers are all kings among gods and yet they still defer to Odin is saying something.

I'm also not saying Thanos could beat Zeus. I'm just pointing out that the power levels of gods vary pretty dramatically. Simply saying that someone is a ? so they can beat someone who isn't doesn't quite work, even if that ? is the head of a pantheon.
  • jaxn
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Odin has consistently been shown to command more respect and be more highly regarded. Every time the Skyfathers have called a meeting, Odin has been the one to lead. It was Odin that took the forefront when the Celestials first came.

I'm not saying that he is the strongest or that him being the leader automatically makes him the strongest. But the fact that Skyfathers are all kings among gods and yet they still defer to Odin is saying something.

I'm also not saying Thanos could beat Zeus. I'm just pointing out that the power levels of gods vary pretty dramatically. Simply saying that someone is a ? so they can beat someone who isn't doesn't quite work, even if that ? is the head of a pantheon.

I'm pretty sure I never said Zeus beats Thanos because he's a ? and Thanos isn't. Zeus is a skyfather..big difference in power. Thor is a ? . Hercules is a ? . They can't be Thanos. Zeus is a skyfather. There is not a single skyfather in Marvel that Thanos can beat without prep. You said earlier that Odin is depicted as being stronger than other skyfathers and I'm just asking what skyfathers are you referring too? Skyfathers don't defer to Odin that I'm aware of.
    Odin was the first to learn of the Celestials coming. He then contacted Zeus and the two of them then went to talk to skyfathers of other pantheons to figure out how to stop the Celestials. It was Odin, Zeus and Vishnu who met with the Third Host. The Third Host threatened to cut off their passageway to Earth if they intervened. Knowing this, Odin began working on the destroyer armor to face the Fourth Host. Odin then drew the lifeforce of the Asgardians into himself and used himself as the host for the armor. Any skyfather can call the council together, its just that Zeus and Odin are the most popular in the MU and Odin gets more shine because of Thor. He has more appearances than any other skyfather in Marvel, so I guess folks assume that he's the top skyfather.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm pretty sure I never said Zeus beats Thanos because he's a ? and Thanos isn't. Zeus is a skyfather..big difference in power. Thor is a ? . Hercules is a ? . They can't be Thanos. Zeus is a skyfather. There is not a single skyfather in Marvel that Thanos can beat without prep. You said earlier that Odin is depicted as being stronger than other skyfathers and I'm just asking what skyfathers are you referring too? Skyfathers don't defer to Odin that I'm aware of.
    Odin was the first to learn of the Celestials coming. He then contacted Zeus and the two of them then went to talk to skyfathers of other pantheons to figure out how to stop the Celestials. It was Odin, Zeus and Vishnu who met with the Third Host. The Third Host threatened to cut off their passageway to Earth if they intervened. Knowing this, Odin began working on the destroyer armor to face the Fourth Host. Odin then drew the lifeforce of the Asgardians into himself and used himself as the host for the armor. Any skyfather can call the council together, its just that Zeus and Odin are the most popular in the MU and Odin gets more shine because of Thor. He has more appearances than any other skyfather in Marvel, so I guess folks assume that he's the top skyfather.

All skyfather means is that the person is he or she is the head ? in his or her pantheon. That's all it means. If you had a pantheon of weakling gods, the leader would be a skyfather, but that doesn't mean he or she wouldn't be a weakling. In the instance with the Celestials and when the Skyfathers convened for Fear Itself, Odin was clearly the one leading. I mean, you basically just explained how Odin took charge to meet the threat, that's what a leader does. I'm not talking about appearances. I'm talking about the way they are portrayed in relation to each other. Not all gods or pantheons are equal. Greek gods in general are portrayed as being a little weaker than the Asgardians. Just compare Ares in his time in the Avengers to what we've seen from Thor.
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options

He's simply the most popular of the sky fathers. Nothing more. Just like Capt gets the most respect out of the avengers.

But Thanos stomps with IG and loses without.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »

He's simply the most popular of the sky fathers. Nothing more. Just like Capt gets the most respect out of the avengers.

But Thanos stomps with IG and loses without.

You giving out of story explanations for an in-story discussion, but it ain't that important so whatever.
  • jaxn
    edited January 2016
    Options

All skyfather means is that the person is he or she is the head ? in his or her pantheon. That's all it means. If you had a pantheon of weakling gods, the leader would be a skyfather, but that doesn't mean he or she wouldn't be a weakling. In the instance with the Celestials and when the Skyfathers convened for Fear Itself, Odin was clearly the one leading. I mean, you basically just explained how Odin took charge to meet the threat, that's what a leader does. I'm not talking about appearances. I'm talking about the way they are portrayed in relation to each other. Not all gods or pantheons are equal. Greek gods in general are portrayed as being a little weaker than the Asgardians. Just compare Ares in his time in the Avengers to what we've seen from Thor.

Ok, who are the weak skyfathers? I don't know of one. And yes, while skyfather is a title, it also represents a level of power. I explained to you that Odin was the first to learn of the Celestials. He then went to Zeus and they both went to the rest of the council of elite. He created the Destroyer armor in preparation, that doesn't mean he's more powerful than other skyfathers. Odin was leading because Odin is more popular than any other skyfather in Marvel. Besides Zeus, how many skyfathers really make appearances? and how often do they make appearances in comparison to Odin?

Being a leader and being the most powerful are two different things. When all of the MU heroes come together for a significant threat (Onslaught), everyone usually defers to Captain America and this includes kings, like Black Panther and Namor....When the Justice League of America met up with the Avengers in JLA/Avengers, who did they defer too? Captain America is arguably the best leader in the MU and that's why folks defer to him. It has nothing to do with his powerlevel. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that Greeks are shown to be weaker to Asgardians. That's never been hinted at. Thor is a special case. His father, Odin is a skyfather, his mother, Gaea, is an Elder ? , someone who, on average, is even more powerful than skyfathers. There is no other Asgardian like Thor, which is why he's so physically strong (CL 100). At their base, Thor is physically stronger than Odin (CL 60) by far. Ares is just flat out weaker than Thor. It has nothing to do with their pantheons. Hercules, however, is physically equal to Thor. Asgardians, on average, are around CL 35.

I forget, Angela is being built up to be just as powerful physically if not moreso than Thor. So there are no Asgardians like Thor and Angela.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Ok, who are the weak skyfathers? I don't know of one. And yes, while skyfather is a title, it also represents a level of power. I explained to you that Odin was the first to learn of the Celestials. He then went to Zeus and they both went to the rest of the council of elite. He created the Destroyer armor in preparation, that doesn't mean he's more powerful than other skyfathers. Odin was leading because Odin is more popular than any other skyfather in Marvel. Besides Zeus, how many skyfathers really make appearances? and how often do they make appearances in comparison to Odin?

Being a leader and being the most powerful are two different things. When all of the MU heroes come together for a significant threat (Onslaught), everyone usually defers to Captain America and this includes kings, like Black Panther and Namor....When the Justice League of America met up with the Avengers in JLA/Avengers, who did they defer too? Captain America is arguably the best leader in the MU and that's why folks defer to him. It has nothing to do with his powerlevel. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that Greeks are shown to be weaker to Asgardians. That's never been hinted at. Thor is a special case. His father, Odin is a skyfather, his mother, Gaea, is an Elder ? , someone who, on average, is even more powerful than skyfathers. There is no other Asgardian like Thor, which is why he's so physically strong (CL 100). At their base, Thor is physically stronger than Odin (CL 60) by far. Ares is just flat out weaker than Thor. It has nothing to do with their pantheons. Hercules, however, is physically equal to Thor. Asgardians, on average, are around CL 35.

I forget, Angela is being built up to be just as powerful physically if not moreso than Thor. So there are no Asgardians like Thor and Angela.

Weak is a relative term. I'm sure all the Skyfathers are powerful, but just because a character is a Skyfather doesn't mean he or she is a galaxy buster like Odin. We haven't seen much from most of the other Skyfathers so it's impossible to characterize their strengths. That also makes it impossible just to conclude that a character is superior just because he's a Skyfather, even in the case of one of the more established ones like Zeus.

And you're right, being the leader doesn't automatically mean that character is the most powerful. But keep in mind that when we talk about a council of Skyfathers, we're talking about a group of leaders. When you have a group comprised of people who are all great leaders, the one who stands at the forefront will most likely be the most capable.