The Riddler in Batman 3???

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    If Two-Face is not the main character int he movie then that's wack.He can not be dead,he is the second best Batman villain after the Joker.If the Riddler is the main villain,than J. Depp is perfect.

hell i thought j.depp was considering the role??
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    hell i thought j.depp was considering the role??

I heard it before and I hop eit is true,but Bane needs to be one of his goons so Batman can actually have a physical threat.If not then Batman 3 will be just like Dark Knight because the Riddler can only challenge batman mentally like the Joker.Deebo could have been a realistic version of killer Croc in Dark Knight.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    read up on a villain called Hush. done right he would make an excellent, realistic villain for this batman, and even could fit in with a riddler cameo.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    They're making a mistake is they cast that Jordan Levitt dude.

how so???????????
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    is that the kid from 3rd Rock From the Son? looks like him. if not i've never seen this actor. booooo for casting a no-name actor as Riddler.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I didn't really care for the Riddler as a villian. I'd much rather see Mr. Freeze or someone along those lines.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    That fool played himself in that whack ass movie.

lol, i loved it when i was a kid

lookin back dat ? iz ASSSSSSSSSSSssss

the Riddler's hideout at the end is filled with nightclub disco lights

wtf
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't see why so many of yall like the Riddler......? is wack as ? and can't fight!

because he does all kinds of mind game ? that would be dope in a Nolan Batman flick

also- *becomes distracted by darkone's avi*
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Riddler would be cool,I wanna see Mr.Freeze.And they shouldn't have killed off Two-Face in Dark Knight

I don't think Freeze would be a good villain in Nolan's batman universe. He is definitely a good villain though. After watching Red Hood I think that would be dope to see him be a villain.
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited July 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    They're making a mistake is they cast that Jordan Levitt dude.

people said the same thing with Heath Ledger......
  • tdoto88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the problem with hiring someone like robin williams is that no matter how good he does, youll still see it as Robin Williams playing the riddler. its gonna be damn near impossible for an actor to immerse themselves in a role like Heath did with the Joker. .

nah i dnt think so.. its not like Heath did some mystical hidden preparation.. dude lived in a motel room solo for 2-3 months & studied the Joker, writing down his "thoughts" in a journal daily. Not to knock Ledger bc he did his thing without a doubt but any serious actor knows how to get into his/her respective role
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    is that the kid from 3rd Rock From the Son? looks like him. if not i've never seen this actor. booooo for casting a no-name actor as Riddler.

It's him. He's stepped his game up a lot since then though. I'm on the fence about this tho
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    lol, i loved it when i was a kid

lookin back dat ? iz ASSSSSSSSSSSssss

the Riddler's hideout at the end is filled with nightclub disco lights

wtf

Yeah, same with me I thought it was good when I was a kid, but I watched it again recently ad was like ? was I thinking?? Movies horrible, and the gayness of the director really shows in it.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    It's him. He's stepped his game up a lot since then though. I'm on the fence about this tho

Let's be honest - we were all on the fence about Heath Ledger as the Joker. I'd say that turned out decently.

Have faith in Nolan's casting decisions; he won't lead you astray.
  • tdoto88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Let's be honest - we were all on the fence about Heath Ledger as the Joker. I'd say that turned out decently.

understatement of the decade lol... but what u say is true... people need to fall back & just wait to see what is delivered
  • sickbizzle
    edited August 2010
    Options

no, we weren't. just because you were asleep doesn't mean everyone else was. the guy had already proven himself in movies like Monster's Ball way before the Joker role. and his award for Best Actor at the Academy Awards was stolen from him everyone knew at that point he should have won - what more convincing did you need? besides the high profile stuff anyone that had seen such slept on movies like Candy, Four Feathers or Lords of Dogtown would have known he was an extremely gifted actor.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    no, we weren't. just because you were asleep doesn't mean everyone else was. the guy had already proven himself in movies like Monster's Ball way before the Joker role. and his award for Best Actor at the Academy Awards was stolen from him everyone knew at that point he should have won - what more convincing did you need? besides the high profile stuff anyone that had seen such slept on movies like Candy, Four Feathers or Lords of Dogtown would have known he was an extremely gifted actor.

yeah bu ti think that "broke back mountain" is that had folks skeptic. even urs truly. i was sooooooo glad i was proven wrong. again, heath as risen the bar for every actor who does batman.
  • sickbizzle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    yeah bu ti think that "broke back mountain" is that had folks skeptic. even urs truly. i was sooooooo glad i was proven wrong. again, heath as risen the bar for every actor who does batman.

yea that's what i don't get though, did people forget he was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for that role? it's like people were skeptic just because he played a ? but that doesn't make sense to me - in my world it shows the upmost dedication if you're a straight male but willing to play a ? and kiss a dude in a movie, that's on some other ? - you don't see that from these other supposed great actors like Leo and Depp. as an actor if you're willing to go that far, then you probably got what it takes to go far enough to play a psychotic maniac in clown make-up.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    read up on a villain called Hush. done right he would make an excellent, realistic villain for this batman, and even could fit in with a riddler cameo.
    great and overlooked post^^^^
    also redhood and black mask would fit with the tone of the series perfectly!!
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yea that's what i don't get though, did people forget he was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for that role? it's like people were skeptic just because he played a ? but that doesn't make sense to me - in my world it shows the upmost dedication if you're a straight male but willing to play a ? and kiss a dude in a movie, that's on some other ? - you don't see that from these other supposed great actors like Leo and Depp. as an actor if you're willing to go that far, then you probably got what it takes to go far enough to play a psychotic maniac in clown make-up.

You know, I thought the Heath Ledger signing was good for the Batman movies 'cause I knew he had the talent to play practically any character imaginable. But you took the words right out of my mouth with this post tho. I have no idea how an Academy Award nominated role in an Academy Award winning movie would make someone uneasy about the decision to cast that nominated actor as a psychotic clown. The mere fact he was able to play a ? dude so believably was proof that he is/was an incredible actor. Why would you be skeptic of his acting chops just because he played a ? man in a well received movie?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't see why so many of yall like the Riddler......? is wack as ? and can't fight!

He isn't wack. Riddler is that dude, he's the only cat other than the Joker that can mess with Batman's mind. Dude can throw him for a loop. I think the Joker should be absent here, put in Riddler, Two-Face (dude cannot be dead yet) and put in Scarecrow again. Scarecrow needs a bit more exposure and I think if you team him with Riddler that would make for some messed up mind ? .

Any Batman movie after Batman Returns was wack up until Batman Begins. They need to reinvent Riddler, Penguin and Mr. Freeze. Catwoman was good but she needs to make a come back. They don't need BIG names, IMO that would ? the roles. Heath was an good because he nailed the role. People like Arnold, Jim Carey have no roles in Batman. Jim did OKAY, Arnold was horrible. Danny did well as Penguin.

I would love to see everything just be re-done now. He's done a great job with both so far and if the 3rd is as good then he needs to re-do all of 'em. Probably with the exception of the 1st Batman.
  • tdoto88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    He isn't wack. Riddler is that dude, he's the only cat other than the Joker that can mess with Batman's mind. Dude can throw him for a loop. I think the Joker should be absent here, put in Riddler, Two-Face (dude cannot be dead yet) and put in Scarecrow again. Scarecrow needs a bit more exposure and I think if you team him with Riddler that would make for some messed up mind ? .

Any Batman movie after Batman Returns was wack up until Batman Begins. They need to reinvent Riddler, Penguin and Mr. Freeze. Catwoman was good but she needs to make a come back. They don't need BIG names, IMO that would ? the roles. Heath was an good because he nailed the role. People like Arnold, Jim Carey have no roles in Batman. Jim did OKAY, Arnold was horrible. Danny did well as Penguin.

I would love to see everything just be re-done now. He's done a great job with both so far and if the 3rd is as good then he needs to re-do all of 'em. Probably with the exception of the 1st Batman.

Nolan already said the Joker was not gunna be in the movie AND that Harvey Dent WILL stay dead... Scarecrow was already in both the movies he got enough exposure lol but i wont be mad if he pops up.. Nolan already said no to Mr. Freeze & Penguin bc he couldnt figure out a way to fit them into the universe he built for batman.. i dont think BIG NAMES ? the roles, its just the actors themselves *kanye shrug*

sorry to break it to ya but Nolan confirmed the 3rd one will be his last one bc he doesnt want to drag it out... he's goin to work on a Superman film after Batman 3.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tdoto88 wrote: »
    Nolan already said the Joker was not gunna be in the movie AND that Harvey Dent WILL stay dead... Scarecrow was already in both the movies he got enough exposure lol but i wont be mad if he pops up.. Nolan already said no to Mr. Freeze & Penguin bc he couldnt figure out a way to fit them into the universe he built for batman.. i dont think BIG NAMES ? the roles, its just the actors themselves *kanye shrug*

sorry to break it to ya but Nolan confirmed the 3rd one will be his last one bc he doesnt want to drag it out... he's goin to work on a Superman film after Batman 3.

Damn, that sucks. But how is Harvey dead though? He falls in the end right? He's not there when they look down, wth? I haven't seen the movie in a while...
  • tdoto88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Damn, that sucks. But how is Harvey dead though? He falls in the end right? He's not there when they look down, wth? I haven't seen the movie in a while...

Yeah he fell down.... u gotta remember half his face was burned off & wasnt protected at all (unlike Batman who was wearing head gear) so a fall like that would ? anyone... Nah hes still layin there. batman turns Dents head before saying "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've always liked that kid from 3rd Rock From The Sun.....(that show was the ? ).

Not too sure about how he could do the Riddler but hey, I have faith in Nolan.....personally I think Depp would be best suited but then again I thin Depp would be best suited for alot of roles haha.

The ? gaaaay if they only make 3 Batman remakes.....it's probably the best re-do of a series I've ever seen. I actually caught on when Batman Begins came out, whereas it seemed people were only talkin bout Batman when Dark Knight came out......? a bandwagon.

On another note: Heath Ledger. If you want to see a GREAT Heath Ledger movie, it's Australian and its called "Two Hands", check it out, that's where people in Australia really started to take notice of Heath Ledger (remember he's Aussie). He was also in A Knights Tale which was ok (random).