Getting comics graded by CGC

Options
spayspay
spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
Anybody ever do this? How easy was it? By looking at the website, it's hard to tell how much it's gonna cost, how many you have to send at a time, etc. I have some old comics from back in the day that I wanna "slab". I wanna hear what y'all thought about your grading experience.

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Best bet is to do it at a Comic Con, they usually have a couple companies that grade them with reps that speak on the process..It Can take several months. My brother also got it pressed, it was amazing spiderman issue (in the 20's) autographed by Stan Lee (which they also authenticate autographs) i think it was eventually graded at 8.5. From my understanding no limit on how many you can send.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most people I know that did it paid more for the grading process than the value of the book after grading.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Unless you have a historically significant book, Action #1 Tec #27 Tec 38, Amazing Fantasy #15 Avengers #1 or X-Men #, I wouldn't do the ? , hella even if I had a historically significant book, I wouldn't do the ? . I don't like those CGC muthafuckas, they hella ? the game up.

I would rather ? with a company like http://www.metropoliscomics.com/ or some other dealer in Golden Age or Silver Age Book. They can give you an accurate grading and appraisal on your books. Or you can do it yourself by following the guidelines in the Overstreet.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Most people I know that did it paid more for the grading process than the value of the book after grading.

GOATed for Darwyn Cooke