• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way in hell DS2 is better than BB.

To me it's DeS >=< DS > BB >>> DS2
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BB really shouldn't be compared to the Souls games, it low key has it's own lane. As has been said it doesn't really play like the souls games.
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea psn name is: Longun_

Thought I posted it the other day but must not of sent it.
  • Samael
    Samael Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options
    I played the DarkSouls2 Demo and I didn't like it at all I turned into a flying glob flew around a graveyard for a hour and said ? this ? . If it's anything like the previous one I'm not touching that ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Samael wrote: »
    I played the DarkSouls2 Demo and I didn't like it at all I turned into a flying glob flew around a graveyard for a hour and said ? this ? . If it's anything like the previous one I'm not touching that ?

lol huh?
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just hated BB.
  • Samael
    Options
    Just watched a gameplay video on YouTube.
    Day1 cop
  • Samael
    Options
    So this is bloodborne without a pistol.
    when is this ? dropping I'm ready to play this
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Samael wrote: »
    So this is bloodborne without a pistol.
    when is this ? dropping I'm ready to play this

Bloodborne came from the Souls games not the other way around. Still, I'd say there are deeper differences than that.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Lol why not?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Lol why not?

BB is a very good game. DS2 is an ok game and not all that great by Souls standards. It felt more like a Dark Souls ripoff than an actual Souls game.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Lol why not?

Dark Souls 2 took a step back in terms of level design and enemy AI. Quite frankly Dark Souls 2's difficulty felt like cheese at times and not genuinely challenging.

Bloodborne feels eerily similar to Demon's Souls, the very first souls game more than either Dark Souls game, but Bloodborne due to it's combat is still a completely unique experience. Quite frankly coming from Demon's and Dark Souls I found Bloodborne rather easy, but then again I have three games worth of souls experience behind me as well.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    I have DkS2: Scholar of the First Sin on PS4 and I have to force myself to play it at times. Monk isn't lying it's just not that great compared to the other games. It had a different team make it though which is probably the reason why it isn't up to par with the others. Dark Souls 3 will have the original game director designing it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Lol why not?

Dark Souls 2 took a step back in terms of level design and enemy AI. Quite frankly Dark Souls 2's difficulty felt like cheese at times and not genuinely challenging.

Bloodborne feels eerily similar to Demon's Souls, the very first souls game more than either Dark Souls game, but Bloodborne due to it's combat is still a completely unique experience. Quite frankly coming from Demon's and Dark Souls I found Bloodborne rather easy, but then again I have three games worth of souls experience behind me as well.

There's not question it was cheese. Most enemies has some level of phantom range or ridiculous tracking on their attacks. The game also overused mobs of powerful enemies and areas where you had to fight powerful enemies while by attacked a distance by other enemies. It's not that those scenarios are off limits, but DkS2 relied on them too much.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Lol why not?

There's not question it was cheese. Most enemies has some level of phantom range or ridiculous tracking on their attacks. The game also overused mobs of powerful enemies and areas where you had to fight powerful enemies while by attacked a distance by other enemies. It's not that those scenarios are off limits, but DkS2 relied on them too much.

Yeah that is true, but it was still more challenging than Bloodborne. I like Bloodborne but I see why people call it 'casual-borne'. No equipment load, no poise, no stamina management, you don't ever have to play defense in bloodborne because defense doesn't exist. Dedicated heal button was kind of easy mode button, plus there wasn't a lot of armor and weapon variety.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol why not?

Yeah that is true, but it was still more challenging than Bloodborne. I like Bloodborne but I see why people call it 'casual-borne'. No equipment load, no poise, no stamina management, you don't ever have to play defense in bloodborne because defense doesn't exist. Dedicated heal button was kind of easy mode button, plus there wasn't a lot of armor and weapon variety.

Defense in bloodborne doesnt exist? Have you finished the game 100% Boss wise? Just want to know. Cause from my perspective that game was very hard, especially the labyrinths.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Lol why not?

Defense in bloodborne doesnt exist? Have you finished the game 100% Boss wise? Just want to know. Cause from my perspective that game was very hard, especially the labyrinths.

Bruh Bloodborne is just a lot of dodging, Riposte/Visceral Attacks, and kiting mobs. Combat is fun and exciting because of the pace, but as far as difficulty is concerned go play Dark Souls 1 and fight the Gargoyles on top of the watchtower with no help if you want a challenge. There wasn't a single boss on vanilla Bloodborne it took more than two times to beat for me.
  • KillaCham
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol why not?

That's honestly how I felt about Bloodborne. I eventually took the same strategy with most of the bosses; circle them, get behind, and punish. It started to feel cheesy. Also there were very low stamina costs for dodging/running (equipment and weapons also had no barring on agility with no weight system) and being able to stunlock almost any enemy made the game easier as well. The bosses that gave me a really hard time were Martyr Logarius and Ebrietas.

Dark Souls II had things that def made it easier like bonfires every 5 mins that refreshed all of your equipment and allowed you to warp anywhere, those life gem healing candies, enemies that didn't respawn... but I think for US, what made Bloodborne more difficult were the changes from the other Souls games that we had to get adjusted to.

As far as the actual games, Bloodborne had beautifully designed atmosphere, world/enemy design, art direction, etc. but the lack of variety/customization and a VERY poor multiplayer didn't give it much replay value for me. There isn't much to keep you after NG. I can see how BB could be seen as the better and more difficult game but those 2 games are a lot closer than I see people in this thread saying IMO.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    I don't know man, Bloodborne just wasn't challenging to me. I remember a lot of people saying Father Gascoigne was hard at that point in the game, I beat him my first try without using visceral attacks. Dark Souls 2 felt cheap at times, but everyone is different I guess.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    I don't know man, Bloodborne just wasn't challenging to me. I remember a lot of people saying Father Gascoigne was hard at that point in the game, I beat him my first try without using visceral attacks. Dark Souls 2 felt cheap at times, but everyone is different I guess.
    Na I can def agree with that.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Just saying that BB isn't lightyears ahead of DS2, in my opinion. But Demon's Souls and Dark Souls remain untouchable.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Just saying that BB isn't lightyears ahead of DS2, in my opinion. But Demon's Souls and Dark Souls remain untouchable.

I don't know for it's flaws I just enjoyed Bloodborne far more than DS2, maybe it's cause of the overall experience. Like I said I have to force myself to play DS2, Bloodborne would still get played more if the PvP was actually any good.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Leveling had a much larger impact in BB. That ? was tough to me, but it was because everything was killing me in 1 hit. I beat it at level 60 and was blown when I found out people were like 20-30 levels higher when they did it.