The Anime Thread

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you watch gangsta only watch the begining eps since it starts going downhill when they focus on that ?
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I didn't know Ninja Scroll was a show, the movie is an all-time classic.

its like 10/12 episodes I think, not as legendary as the movie but u could check it out
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you watch gangsta only watch the begining eps since it starts going downhill when they focus on that ?

it went downhill for me about ep 13
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hunter x hunter was crazy
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good movie? The more recent the better, something with good fluid animation and action. One of my favorites was "sword of the stranger," "Animatrix" etc.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good movie? The more recent the better, something with good fluid animation and action. One of my favorites was "sword of the stranger," "Animatrix" etc.

Armitage is dope
    The Appleseed series
    Vampire Hunter D, i dont know if that counts as recent (the second too)
  • jono
    Options
    I don't know if any of you watched Speed Grapher but that ? crazy too. Its a series.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody watching Akame Ga ? ? It's pretty good, but don't get too close to any of the characters. That ? is like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones when it comes to merking main characters.
  • 507fliped
    507fliped Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    Nobody watching Akame Ga ? ? It's pretty good, but don't get too close to any of the characters. That ? is like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones when it comes to merking main characters.

I've been watching it & U rite most main characters get killed off quick. Great story & animation.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Akame Ga ? gets a lil silly towards the end for me but I good watch all the same.

Parasyte is dope. Prison School is the funniest ? you're likely to watch.

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I finished on cruncyroll a couple of months back

Akame vs Esdeath was one of the best anime fights I've ever watched

• Melanin_Enriched
    Options

Its 6/10 and the anime worse since it skipped the best arc
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I never saw the manga so that could be why I enjoy it more. Sometimes reading the manga first can ruin the experience of watching the anime.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited February 2016
    Options

I never saw the manga so that could be why I enjoy it more. Sometimes reading the manga first can ruin the experience of watching the anime.

True but you should really check out the cathedral arc. Worth it
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Anybody have any good suggestions for currently running anime to watch that isnt dbz super?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen too many anime to keep up with

Currently watching parasyte..
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parasyte is dope

High school of the dead is pretty good too.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L3NU wrote: »
    Any of yall watched hunter x hunter? That was too sick, I can see why some ppl wouldn't like it if they were expecting an all out fighting show

But if you go into it knowing it's not that you'd probably enjoy it

It's a great anime and manga.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen almost all the anime you have seen. I have seen hundreds of series.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Who didn't like Hunter x Hunter. That ? might be the best shonen manga bar none. It basically took everything people like about Manga and did all of it right. Well everything but taking a potentially good character and making him fruity as ? (i.e. Hisoka). To be fair though, that's one of those Japanese tropes that no one can make good.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Convince myself every once in awhile that Black Lagoon and Hajime no Ippo are getting fourth seasons so I watched a few episodes of those recently. Ricardo vs Date was GOAT. Tried Prison School but it's censored and that kinda ruins how ridiculous it is. Think Devil Is A Part-Timer is getting a second season so I went through that. Got Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and Build Fighters bookmarked and need to get through those.

Hoping to get around to Blood Blockade Battlefront. Some other stuff waiting for me on netflix.

Flip Flop on favorites all the time. Guess Hajime no Ippo and Black Lagoon have always held up for me no matter what. Code Geass is up there too, just that second season had some headscratcher moments. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Record of Lodoss War. GITS. Baccano! and Kids On the Slope off the soundtracks alone.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there is a real cool new anime called ERASED/Boku dake ga inai machi there are no monsters or fighting in this show but the story so far has been going real good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8tTxuO1oIY
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Convince myself every once in awhile that Black Lagoon and Hajime no Ippo are getting fourth seasons so I watched a few episodes of those recently. Ricardo vs Date was GOAT. Tried Prison School but it's censored and that kinda ruins how ridiculous it is. Think Devil Is A Part-Timer is getting a second season so I went through that. Got Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and Build Fighters bookmarked and need to get through those.

Hoping to get around to Blood Blockade Battlefront. Some other stuff waiting for me on netflix.

Flip Flop on favorites all the time. Guess Hajime no Ippo and Black Lagoon have always held up for me no matter what. Code Geass is up there too, just that second season had some headscratcher moments. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Record of Lodoss War. GITS. Baccano! and Kids On the Slope off the soundtracks alone.

Watch the first Build Fighters, don't watch Try, that way you will be disapointed when you watch Iron Blooded Orphans. Which isn't all that terrible but it isn't very good either.

Been watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Black Butler on the english dubs, I forgot how depressing Fullmetal is jesus. Was watching Sword Art online but that ? got stale quick.
  • jono
    Options
    Fullmetal Alchemist is one of my favorites. Brotherhood is great as well. Both are damn good shows
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Pass is tough still.
    Also One Punch Man is dope too. Funny af.