Baltimore School ? Cop Caught On Video Violently Slapping Young Black Teenager...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy

Baltimore Schools Cop Caught On Video Violently Slapping Young Man

The head of the Baltimore City Schools Police is on administrative leave and two police officers have been reassigned after video emerged online of a school cop repeatedly slapping and swearing at a young man, CBS News reported.

The video, filmed at Reach Partnership High, shows the officer slap the student twice and yell “get the ? outta here” before kicking him.

Baltimore city schools did not identify the officers involved but said the officer shown striking the student would not be at the school Wednesday and has been reassigned pending an investigation. Baltimore City Schools Police Chief Marshall Goodwin was put on administrative leave.

School officials also could not confirm the young man in the video is a student, but the person who filmed the video told local media the victim attends the high school.

“I was totally appalled at what I saw today,” Karl Perry, chief school supports officer, told the CBS affiliate in Baltimore. “I’m a parent, and I’m totally appalled at what I saw in that video. No matter what the circumstances are, I am totally appalled.”

On Wednesday morning, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said she was "appalled" by the video, but said Gregory Thornton, head of Baltimore City Public Schools, has a "very, very difficult job," WMAR reported.

"It certainly is not helpful as we work to build those bridges of trust to see that level of mistreatment," Rawlings-Blake said.

State Sen. Bill Ferguson told WMAR the video "sickening" and "tragic" and called for the officer to be immediately fired and charged in the incident.

Hands and Timb covered feet need be put on that ? pig.. Also look at that "good" ? cop doing nothing to stop what was going on...

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is he a ? ? Didn't put handcuffs on em, didn't call him a ? ? , let him go home

I'm 90% certain w/o knowing the story, youngin needed to be slapped
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No proof the cop is a ? and maybe these little ? need to be slapped more often
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DWO You need to regulate this city man. Get into city council man. I'll support and start a drive to get into politics in your own city. I think that is your calling.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    @DWO You need to regulate this city man. Get into city council man. I'll support and start a drive to get into politics in your own city. I think that is your calling.
    that's not my lane....but i got a old buddy from school running for state delegate....he's good peoples....i fully endorse him

http://www.electcorymccray.com/
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Why is he a ? ? Didn't put handcuffs on em, didn't call him a ? ? , let him go home

Naaaah foh
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    that's not my lane....but i got a old buddy from school running for state delegate....he's good peoples....i fully endorse him

http://www.electcorymccray.com/

I will follow him. Thanks.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like the idea that any black cop who misbehaves in terms of police brutality is a "? ." Surely we can describe them in some other kind of language.

And that's not meant to defend the cop at all. What was caught on video was totally unacceptable.

Wonder if the people defending the cop would be doing so if he were white.
  • R.D.
    Options

Naaaah foh

Nah what

I'm telling you from a young ? perspective these youngins wild

They in a poor ass city that don't give af about them and until that can be corrected, ass whippings gotta do
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've said it before....it's about having a STANDARD of police conduct.

Once you open the door to guidelines and variations based on individual circumstance, expect abuse.

Every individual cop will have their own individual point of view of the situation they are involved in.

If you think it's okay for abuse to happen in situation A (when the perp is at fault), don't march and cry when it happens in situation B (if the suspect is not at fault). Either accept that there is a justice system and process or accept that it's powerful and powerless people and the chips fall where they may.
  • R.D.
    Options
    What's abuse ?

A lot of people always talk about back in the day, there was a village and ?

Well that was the village stepping in

Nothing is black and white except them fire ass 12s that just dropped(that I would never pay for tho)

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's abuse ?

Nothing is black and white except them fire ass 12s that just dropped(that I would never pay for tho)
    Bruh please explain to me how all black 12s are hard.....how???

Best Jordan's are the og color ways with the addition of the Olympic 7s , them off color Jordan's are trash
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And here we go
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the IC, a black man that doesn't fit their bill, is a ? .
  • R.D.
    Options
    What's abuse ?

Best Jordan's are the og color ways with the addition of the Olympic 7s , them off color Jordan's are trash

Those 7s not hot to me

But I'm just a simple man
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's abuse ?

Best Jordan's are the og color ways including the Olympic 7s, them off color Jordan's are trash

Fixed...Olympic 7's are an OG color

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Olympic 7s are not an OG colorway but still dope, there are actually 2 versions of the Olympic 7s, the OG version and the Gold medal editions
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like the idea of beating a child but I kinda feel like there is more to the story before the slaps. And you can tell those slaps had some meaning to it. The young dude was dazed you can tell by the stumble at the end.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Also look at that "good" ? cop doing nothing to stop what was going on...

The worst part. This is why the good-cop narrative is a myth. There are no good cops. Good cops either get fired or ostracized to the point of being powerless and thus invisible.

especially @ bolded, lol, really ? ? I hate kids too, but damn.

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need his dik cut u dont get to touch people like that rules rules
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • R.D.
    Options
    You ? far removed, y'all don't know ? about these kids and what they need

His reaction after getting kicked in the ass let me know he know he earned it

Yall just blinded by the uniform and lumping this with all the other cases
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://m.wbaltv.com/news/video-appears-to-show-officer-hitting-kicking-young-man/38284792
    Video shows officer hitting, kicking young man | Local News - Home

BALTIMORE -
    A video obtained by 11 News appears to show a Baltimore City Schools Police Department officer slapping and kicking a young man.

City school officials told 11 News that the district got word of the incident late Tuesday afternoon along with a copy of the cellphone video.

The district official said the incident took place some time Tuesday morning at The REACH Partnership School, which is in the old Lake Clifton school complex.

School officials said the young man in the video is not a student at the school and did not have permission to be on school property.

"No, this is not a student at REACH. (He's) someone who was apparently on the property and did not have permission to be on the property," Perry said.

But a lawyer for the young man told the 11 News I-Team Wednesday afternoon that he is a student at the school and they have school records to prove it. The lawyer said they believe officers made a mistake identifying the 16-year-old as an intruder, calling the incident an "unprovoked assault" that resulted in ? injuries.

Baltimore City School Police Union President Clyde Boatwright would not release the officer's name, but said Tuesday night that he met with him shortly after the video was made public.

"It is in the early stages of the investigation, and we look forward to a full and complete investigation and at this point we're just waiting for those results," Boatwright said.

By email, a Fraternal Order of Police lawyer for the officer said the young man became belligerent when asked to leave the property. He said there's more to the story than what the video shows, but he offered no detail.

11 News has confirmed that Baltimore City Schools Police Chief Marshall Goodwin has been placed on administrative leave as the school district investigates.

Both officers seen in the video have been placed on administrative leave with pay.

In a statement, district CEO Gregory Thornton said, "I am completely appalled and disappointed by what is depicted in the video. Our school police officers are entrusted with ensuring the safety of our students and staff, and I know that most of them take this job seriously while maintaining a high level of professionalism. The behavior in the video is completely unacceptable. We are confident that the process required by the Law Enforcement Officers' Bill of Rights will lead to a thorough review of the conduct."

School police say excessive force was used

School police said what took place at the school was "excessive force."

Explaining his reaction to the video, acting School Police Chief Akil Hamm said the video is "troubling, very troubling being a father of two teenage sons. It's troubling for me."

11 News has only four seconds of video captured on a student's cellphone, but it's enough for the school system to take action.

"Our school police force will conduct the investigation. Any of their findings will be shared accordingly with the senior cabinet and, of course, Dr. Gregory Thornton, and anything else that happens, we'll just proceed accordingly," said Karl Perry, chief school supports officer.

Even though a school police captain will take the lead role in the investigation, the acting police chief said his department will cooperate.

"According to our use of force continuum, definitely excessive force was used, and we are looking at that force that was used. We are working with the State's Attorney's Office to try and look at everything and see how it transpired," Hamm said.

Officer's background shows he was fired from previous job

The 11 News I-Team has identified the male officer through multiple sources. The school system has not released his name. His background includes being fired from a previous job and a temporary protective order in a domestic case.

In 2002, while working as a city deputy sheriff, the male officer and another deputy were fired after using a stun gun on the wrong man. It was a highly publicized incident at Lexington Market.

A year later, the officer started a new job with school police. In 2011, a temporary protective order was filed against the officer in a domestic violence case. The person seeking it requested dismissal before a final order was entered.
    City school police force again under scrutiny

The videotaped incident again puts the city school police force under scrutiny, and the school system's ability to handle investigating its own.

This is the second time in 13 months that a school police officer has been caught on video using force.
    Last January, an 11 News I-Team investigation revealed an incident in which school police Officer Lakisha Pulley hit and injured a middle school student with her baton. Pulley was criminally prosecuted.

At City Hall on Wednesday, the video brought an audible groan from the mayor.

"As a parent of a Baltimore City school student, I was appalled by what I saw. The behavior that was demonstrated on the video is certainly something you never want to see," Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said.

The mayor said the incident hurts the cause of repairing trust between police and communities.

"Anytime there is a person with that level of authority that seems to be abusing that authority, it impacts all of us," Rawlings-Blake said.

In Annapolis, Delegate Curt Anderson, a Baltimore Democrat, wants an outside investigation of the incident on the video.

"I don't know if I have the authority, but I'm asking the Maryland State Police to investigate. Right now, with the police chief being suspended, I am not so sure the Baltimore City school police can investigate this incident properly," Anderson said.

In tweet Wednesday, state Sen. Bill Ferguson, also a Baltimore Democrat wrote: "It's time for a top-to-bottom review of the Baltimore City Schools Police Department -- $8 million per year for police, yet $2.5 million per year on college advising."

The video brings up another hot topic because the officer was armed. State law prohibits officers from having guns in school. It's unclear exactly where this incident occurred.

Well pig union says there's more to the story.. I wonder if that in fear of something a pen maybe or batter yet a smartphone he thought was a gun...
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These fuckboys advocating another man hitting their child.

And I name names

@zzombie
    @R.D.

Stamp that on my little ones, that cop woulda been gone.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those of you who are parents, yall are cool with this?