Gods Of Egypt Director Alex Proyas goes off on all the critics of his film on facebook

Options
2»

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    checked rt
    this dude directed the crow and irobot
    and this movie has 13% on rt ayeee
    i still wanna check it out sometime tho
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Movie looked wack

Its funny how ic only claims egypt when africa has alot more lol

'We used to be kings'

There were kings all over Africa. Reason why egypt is so prominent is because white people ? the ? out of it.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Movie looked wack

Its funny how ic only claims egypt when africa has alot more lol

'We used to be kings'

There were kings all over Africa. Reason why egypt is so prominent is because white people ? the ? out of it.

And those big ass monuments they left behind.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBtu6HatCAAA8yJa.jpg

Wow @ this ? ...
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Also, black folks still live in egypt till this very day. Arabs(especially them) and whites don't like for this to be known for some strange reason(sarcasm). A lot of them also never drank the christian or islam kool-aid as well. They get treated like ? because of this, even by some of their own people that converted to the ways of european/arabs(aka ? ). The people of their tribes stretch out to other parts of north and east africa as well. They ran away from Islamic(arab) and christian(european) nut cases. Some people still pass down the stories of why they left egypt. Like the dogon that now live in mali. These people are basically like native americans in america lol.
    Modern-Black-Egyptians.jpg
    nubianboys.jpg
    Modern_4.jpg
    110910470_3220388d49.jpg
    tumblr_mgjmqvDn7J1r3n57yo1_500.png
    2915106834_a8f1b9e1e7.jpg
    d8f7f1600bad2994d4243357c79f9db0.jpg
    3176601861_8616fb7186.jpg
    429080930_97d0b2998a.jpg
    2473702777_21ac98c9e6.jpg

Arabs treating them like ? and ? with them like the cops do black folks in the states. "BOW DOWN TO ISLAM!!!!! They treat native africans like this in other arab ruled/assimilated areas as well, even the "converted" ones lol.(just ask some who live in those areas on forum). They don't see native africans as "true muslims".
    racism-in-egypt.jpg
    Racial slurs are commonly directed towards Black people in public places.

The terms “chocalata” and “samara” are often used to refer to those of the Black community in Egypt. However, according to the article, term “zarboon,” meaning slave, is also commonly used.

Egyptian(ARAB INVADERS WHO TOOK OVER) media portrays Black people as inferior.
    Racist-Egyptian-newspaper-.jpg
    According to the al-Araby al-Jadeed article, “representation of black people in cinema and other media has often historically been either marginal or racist.” Black men are always casted as doormen, cooks, servants, and drivers, while Black women often play the maid or the nanny. Even the Egyptian news media criminalizes the Black community. For instance, the article expresses that an Egyptian newspaper openly accused “’n****rs’ and ‘the [Black] terror gangs in Cairo’ of committing most crimes against activists and journalists.”

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Lol!!!!

It's failed because it is white washed as ? and a overall bad film. It just what it is and you have to realized we ain't paying no more white Egyptians no longer especially the deities are white washed. It was basically a Greek movie with Egyptian neteru's being displayed. It's very disrespectful and most of them came from southern Africa especially in the Sudan.

Question though:

Would the movie had made any more money if the cast was black. I don't even think we support our own movies unless it's Tyler Perry or Cube productions.

Would've made more than what they made currently. Internationally ppl look at the cast and if it's not accurate they won't flock to see it
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it was an all black / egyptian cast it still would have been ? . The trailers were ? terrible.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol!!!!

It's failed because it is white washed as ? and a overall bad film. It just what it is and you have to realized we ain't paying no more white Egyptians no longer especially the deities are white washed. It was basically a Greek movie with Egyptian neteru's being displayed. It's very disrespectful and most of them came from southern Africa especially in the Sudan.

Question though:

Would the movie had made any more money if the cast was black. I don't even think we support our own movies unless it's Tyler Perry or Cube productions.

I think it would have done a lot better than this ? if it was cast black. Also, if it was more of a real historical reality and written well it would have done extremely well.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol!!!!

Question though:

I think it would have done a lot better than this ? if it was cast black. Also, if it was more of a real historical reality and written well it would have done extremely well.

Wouldn't even need a big budget if it was accurately depicted. It's just hard finding a good cast of black actors to play in it. I can't see Taraji P. Henson or Halle Berry doing good.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol!!!!

Question though:

Wouldn't even need a big budget if it was accurately depicted. It's just hard finding a good cast of black actors to play in it. I can't see Taraji P. Henson or Halle Berry doing good.

Idris Elba, Chewetel Ejiofor, Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, Angela Bassett, Chadwick Boseman, Naomi Harris, Light skin English chick from beyond the lights all on the big screen would bring in tremendous money.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    checked rt
    this dude directed the crow and irobot
    and this movie has 13% on rt ayeee
    i still wanna check it out sometime tho

not in the cinema tho relax mfckrs