Video: DJ Quik Trashes "The Life Of Pablo" & Kanye.. "His Celebrity Supersedes His Talent Right"

Options

Comments

• lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to quik for speaking his mind. Too many of these rappers be in interviews talking about the sad state of hiphop then wanna keep it politically correct and mention everyone thats popular when they get asked who they listen to
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    TLOP came and went for me, maybe got a week of burn and haven't been moved to listen to it since

I hope he proves me wrong on this but I think from what we've seen from Kanye he's peaked musically

Truth
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ Quik ain't even wrong though.

We gonna act like Kanye hasn't been an attention seeking clown the past however many years? The difference is his music ain't as good as it used to be and he's become gimmicky.

I wonder what happened to that Late Registration/College Dropout Kanye. Dude was nice with the wordplay. Now its like some sub par ? just to keep up with the new trash
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Sounds like hater talk to me

Here's a question tho, how many ppl would have checked out the interview had he not mentioned Pablo.......?

your devils advocate sound's like it was raised by a house full of sassy aunts.

if he bought the album he has a right to an opinion.
    He ain't buy it tho

Now what's your excuse?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree w/ what he said about Kanye's celebrity superseding his talent right now. I think Ye is capable of waaay better than what he's put out since MBDTF. That's not to say that I don't like Yeezus or TLOP. Both albums definitely have their moments (especially TLOP), and I prefer both over 808s. Ye is just on some other ? right now.....hence the "I miss they old Kanye" interlude. In his quest to be "creative", I think a lot of his fans feel like he's losing what made him undeniably dope. There is certainly nothing wrong w/ evolving and experimenting artistically.
    The problem comes when the quality of the product is adversely affected by that evolution.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was just listening and mixing the Life of Pablo last night...still jams to me
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Sounds like hater talk to me

Here's a question tho, how many ppl would have checked out the interview had he not mentioned Pablo.......?

I would've.. massive fan of the man and his music
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what quik said has been the case for years now...tlop is the first kanye album i didn't even check for and have no interest in hearing after that last couple dud's he's released
  • mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options
    Look at all the Kanye haters in here cosigning this ? . Let Ye be Ye and DJ Quik you be you. What do you want to make the same album over and over again. The guy constantly reinvents his music to something completely different and gets people talking. Quik just stick to doing whatever it is you doing now which isn't much except getting on some dungeon radio program hatin
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Quick mention any music he s working on? I aint watch the interview
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Did Quick mention any music he s working on? I aint watch the interview

That video isn't the whole interview.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now how many of y'all jigga warriors are going to admit y'all husband leeched Kanye creativity with BP3 and WTT while Kanye was at peak of his career saleswise and musically??

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i was just listening and mixing the Life of Pablo last night...still jams to me

Yeah I like it to me but hey people have other options can't knock em for that.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Quik, but i thought LOFP is a dope album. That's

MBTDF - classic
    Yesus- Medicore
    Life of Pablo - dope

Kanye sets the bar so high ? be on some unrealistic ? .