Video: DJ Quik Trashes "The Life Of Pablo" & Kanye.. "His Celebrity Supersedes His Talent Right"

Options

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    And I believe both Quik and 'Ye are LA residents so if Ye feel some kinda way or "disrespected" by his comments he can handle business appropriately

Too many grown men acting like females out here. Quik is a grown ass man talking, gossipping like a ? about another grown man who is 10 times more successful in life than he is. That ? is like a red neck talking down on Obama, means nothing. Have a seat Quik.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HE definitely aint the same Quik from the 90's...but...kanye aint the same cat either
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Success is not the only measure of talent and worth
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    So let me ask ya'll a question. What would ya'll like to see Kanye do artistically?

Make. good. music. What kinda sign of the times Complex question is this

Real music is organic idgaf about any rappers artistic direction that's code for i fuked up

-Common, some fans were put off by Electric Circus, what do you say to that?
    -Well i went in a differnt artistic direction. ..

-Kanye, Yeezus was panned by fans what do you say to that?

Dope beats, dope rhymes man ? that dumb ?

Kanye is making the music he considers good music. Some fans are gonna grow with you and some aren't. His "real''ity is not the same as yours, so how can you say his music isn't real.

How can a ? claim personal music growth when he just hires 10 other ? to find his musical notes? Growth is done by the individual alone foh

how's that worse than a rapper just pickin premade beats off a producers old beat cds?

Seriously? Because kanye is a dam producer that's why you can't have ? write your rhymes and ? producer your beats and talk about growth as an artists that doesn't make any sense puppets don't grow
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So let me ask ya'll a question. What would ya'll like to see Kanye do artistically?

Real music is organic idgaf about any rappers artistic direction that's code for i fuked up

Kanye is making the music he considers good music. Some fans are gonna grow with you and some aren't. His "real''ity is not the same as yours, so how can you say his music isn't real.

How can a ? claim personal music growth when he just hires 10 other ? to find his musical notes? Growth is done by the individual alone foh

how's that worse than a rapper just pickin premade beats off a producers old beat cds?

Seriously? Because kanye is a dam producer that's why you can't have ? write your rhymes and ? producer your beats and talk about growth as an artists that doesn't make any sense puppets don't grow

Hes not only a producer anymore
    And no one ever claimed him as the best lyricist alive
    And although theres no denying he has writers or multiple producers u dont know to what extent his input is bc they have to follow and work around his vision of the album.

The fact that ppl keep complaining that hes not the rapper/producer he used to be is a sign of change/growth...but when it goes opposite your taste its seen as wack/down graded

Its all really subjective
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited April 2016
    Options

And although theres no denying he has writers or multiple producers u dont know to what extent his input is bc they have to follow and work around his vision of the album.

The fact that ppl keep complaining that hes not the rapper/producer he used to be is a sign of change/growth...but when it goes opposite your taste its seen as wack/down graded

If unfinished sounding songs subpar lyricism
    And songs with no meaning . Trash features and bs parody of drake songs used to Diss Nike are simply"just opposite" of my "taste" you can EAT that ? all you want amber rose style

See what I did there more word play than his whole album

? trying to come off as pseudo intellectuals but sound like idiots like i aint been a ? fan of hiphop for 19-21 years and on this board for 12 I know exactly what the ? im listening to Foh

• SlimRemy
    SlimRemy Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    I might have already asked this before, but I really need to know how he got them Strings to sound like that on his "Billie Jean" remix. How in the world did he get those Strings to sound like that on that record?
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    When does Quik ep "Rosecrans" come out tho?
  • Go figure
    Options

If unfinished sounding songs subpar lyricism
    And songs with no meaning . Trash features and bs parody of drake songs used to Diss Nike are simply"just opposite" of my "taste" you can EAT that ? all you want amber rose style

See what I did there more word play than his whole album

? trying to come off as pseudo intellectuals but sound like idiots like i aint been a ? fan of hiphop for 19-21 years and on this board for 12 I know exactly what the ? im listening to Foh

kd4ivyb9e5pc.jpg
  • Go figure
    Options
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Now how many of y'all jigga warriors are going to admit y'all husband leeched Kanye creativity with BP3 and WTT while Kanye was at peak of his career saleswise and musically??

I'll shine the bat signal

@Shawn JAY-Z Carter
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This interview was funny but...

I really like TLOP

But Yeezus was the worst rap album i ever heard/bought

DJ quick is dope but he had a lot of ? coming out the closet rhymes back in the day...

"Yeah ? right back up on your ass
    I hid in the bushes and I crept up through the grass
    What you running for ? ? You fake Irish ?
    You got a big ? Everlast let me tag it"
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Quik, but i thought LOFP is a dope album. That's

MBTDF - classic
    Yesus- Medicore
    Life of Pablo - dope

Kanye sets the bar so high ? be on some unrealistic ? .

I agree, quick acting like ye isn't responsible for a lot of heat! Dude 1st 5 rap lp's are all fire he has a powerful catalog
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DJ Quik putting Suga Free on is worth more than Kayne's career, No hate but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDGcVE-QPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE1kKK_yDUY
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When does Quik ep "Rosecrans" come out tho?

I know it's leaked but as for retail? Dunno
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? have failed to evolve musically.

Stuck in the same sound and format.

The life of Pablo isn't even an official Kanye album. It was a tool. It saved tidal while introducing that ? designer to the masses, who is a good music artist. If it was anything it was a Bullet aimed at a specific target.

Dj quick just salty bcuz nobody checking for that weak ass west coast sound anymore.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Make college dropout again but not the same, just the same

Talk about Chicago some more even though he talked about it before we knew a chief keef

Talk about college some more even though we hate when Cole do it

Talk about his current life with the college dropout feel....don't do anything else, just give us some college dropout/late registration music...yeah he probably got the best discography in hip hop but we want more...just do music, we don't care if he wanna do other stuff...rap til he 60
    What in thee ? .

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF, 808s

Sit down somewhere big homie

It's easy to disagree

Name a rapper with a better discography than Ye
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Kanye, just make better music bro"

zbu5w.png

eg7sle.png

kanye-shrug-o.gif GIFSoup
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Quik but that Rosecrans EP was alright, nothing special.

The one thing about Quik is that he's always trying to put mediocre dudes on

Book of David = Gift Reynolds

Midnight Life = His Son(David Blake II)

Rosecrans = Problem
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now ? care about these sites and they ? reviews when it helps their opinion huh? 9.0? FOH I wonder what they gave his other ?

You just mad

....Cause you suckas got served

Served

Served

Served

Served
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now ? care about these sites and they ? reviews when it helps their opinion huh? 9.0? FOH I wonder what they gave his other ?

You just mad

....Cause you suckas got served

Served

Served

Served

Served

Naw, I'm not mad just confused that a grown ? is using the word "served" but still expects me to take what ever else you have to say seriously
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    ? have failed to evolve musically.

Stuck in the same sound and format.

The life of Pablo isn't even an official Kanye album. It was a tool. It saved tidal while introducing that ? designer to the masses, who is a good music artist. If it was anything it was a Bullet aimed at a specific target.

Dj quick just salty bcuz nobody checking for that weak ass west coast sound anymore.

Desiigner got one song sounding like a clone of another ? but he's a good artists, you can't be a ? good artist with one dam song