Does anyone here believe in reincarnation?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Yes to both of your questions. At first it was a personal belief, perpetuated by A doctrine that had continually revealed itself to be true.

But then I had my taste of it myself

Interesting, how far back was this past life? How did these visions come to you, in a dream or something that you constantly envision? With the people I know who claim to have past lives, they usually say it's a bit of both.

This has actually been my exact same experience, suprisingly. It began as a vision, rather mundane, I was sitting in a chair in a weird looking house, I was a Caucasian man. This happened to me when I was a teen.

Fast forward around 10 years later, as I walked the path I began having dreams that were more surreal than any I could recall having, of being this same Caucasian man in the middle ages. There's no real way of me knowing the time frame but I'd say anywhere from probably 700-900 years ago.

crazy thing about it is that it started happening when I started to tinker with the heart area energetically. This is significant because in Buddhist esoteric philosophy they instruct their initiates to focus on the heart exclusively. So their emphasis on reincarnation is no longer a coincidence in my experience.

These are the kinds of insights that can only come from practicing, rather than intellectualizing, theological doctrine.

Wow that's pretty incredible, what race are you, if you don't mind me asking? My ex was light skin Black but she recalled her past as a White woman in medieval Europe, and she claims she was a witch during this time period. She even remembers being thrown off a cliff as punishment for being a witch, even having nightmares about it. It was things she thought about when she was at work or wherever.

Also, what do you mean by tinkering with the heart energetically? Is this during meditation?

I'm black, Cameroonian descent. lol... Bruh I put it on my family the same ? happened to me in one of those dreams. I was being chased for practicing the occult lol... Don't know if I was killed for it or not but I guess it's likely. I was friends with a duke though so maybe I got away with it. Need to get deeper to find out.

This is quite the synchronicity. But this happens a lot in this...

Yea mediation technique. I'd say more but I don't want somebody reading this and ? around and mess their self up

That's crazy lol, I can only imagine what you've seen. You must feel a little bugged out when you see these visions as a Black man. But it's really amazing so many of these stories have so many similarities, my ex said she dated a knight or a prince during the time she was a witch, but he betrayed her. Her stories were very deep (and I admit to falling asleep several times listening to them, she was very vivid), but what's interesting is that she wasn't into meditation as far as I know. I suppose different things can trigger the events, as you said earlier.

The most surreal part of the occult is participating in present day society knowing that at least 80 percent of people walk around believing that western science is the only valid way of looking at the world and those that think different only THINK so rather than know... It's a whole nother level when your beliefs are validated outside of the accepted theoretical paradigm

It's especially a trip When the occult sciences ruled the world for the vast majority of our existence... It really is like the matrix in many ways.... There's a special bond made with people that have lived what u have and KNOW....

Most of them think of normal people who are told what to believe about reality as less than dirt Ima be honest with u... But for me it just feels more like a specialization imo... Even though most humans are missing out on like 80% of what it means to truly be human... But I digress.

You're definitely right on the occult sciences, it helped humans for most of our existence and has helped reveal many useful things about life in general. Looking at the world through only western eyes is a big mistake for anyone, there's a lot more to the world then what we can actually see. I'm definitely interested in learning more about different occult practices, I feel like there's so much more I can learn out there.

From the ancient Romans to African and Mesoamerican communities, the occult has been crucial to human development. I get the feeling you're VERY deep into this.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    The resurrection of Jesus from the grave creates a problem for those who believe reincarnation is real

Why would that create a problem? Many still believe in reincarnation right now. Even some Christians believe in it.

he rose from the grave never to die again afterwards. So who did he reincarnate into
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The resurrection of Jesus from the grave creates a problem for those who believe reincarnation is real

Why would that create a problem? Many still believe in reincarnation right now. Even some Christians believe in it.

he rose from the grave never to die again afterwards. So who did he reincarnate into
    CracceR wrote: »
    according to hinduism depending on how you live your life
    if you don't accumulate alot of bad karma, you are going to come bacc to a nice position after reincarnation

And so we must just keep going and going until we finally evaporate or some ? .

In some gnostic and Hindu train of thought, once a high enough karma is reached, one can become an angel, spirit king/queen or some other superhero type of ? . Not sure if that's true but it sounds interesting.
  • CracceR
    Options
    Yes to both of your questions. At first it was a personal belief, perpetuated by A doctrine that had continually revealed itself to be true.

Interesting, how far back was this past life? How did these visions come to you, in a dream or something that you constantly envision? With the people I know who claim to have past lives, they usually say it's a bit of both.

This has actually been my exact same experience, suprisingly. It began as a vision, rather mundane, I was sitting in a chair in a weird looking house, I was a Caucasian man. This happened to me when I was a teen.

Fast forward around 10 years later, as I walked the path I began having dreams that were more surreal than any I could recall having, of being this same Caucasian man in the middle ages. There's no real way of me knowing the time frame but I'd say anywhere from probably 700-900 years ago.

crazy thing about it is that it started happening when I started to tinker with the heart area energetically. This is significant because in Buddhist esoteric philosophy they instruct their initiates to focus on the heart exclusively. So their emphasis on reincarnation is no longer a coincidence in my experience.

These are the kinds of insights that can only come from practicing, rather than intellectualizing, theological doctrine.

Wow that's pretty incredible, what race are you, if you don't mind me asking? My ex was light skin Black but she recalled her past as a White woman in medieval Europe, and she claims she was a witch during this time period. She even remembers being thrown off a cliff as punishment for being a witch, even having nightmares about it. It was things she thought about when she was at work or wherever.

Also, what do you mean by tinkering with the heart energetically? Is this during meditation?

Yea mediation technique. I'd say more but I don't want somebody reading this and ? around and mess their self up

tell us how you did it or it never happened
    probably just an acid trip

• the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. Reincarnation does in fact exist.

The Law of Conservation Theory states that "energy is neither created nor destroyed, it's merely transferred from one entity to the next."

A cow eats grass, that cow digests the grass through his large intestine then ? it out onto the grass, the ? is used as fertilizer to grow more grass to eat.......That's the circle of life. Nothing is wasted, examples like this are the only form of reincarnation that can be verified by the "eye test."

Moreover, if you study the periodic table of elements in Chemistry, you'll notice that we have all those elements in our body (including stardust from outer space).

The human body is 60% water and hydrogen (H2O). There's a reason why they say "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" when we pass away. Because science has confirmed that we're simply going back in to nature in a non-human form.

Believe in Science, not man-made fairy tales by so-called Prophets, looking to "profit" off your ignorance.

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Believe me when I say your approval means less than nothing. You're more than entitled to believe so. Never have even seen a hallucinogen in my life, but you're more than welcome to imagine that.
  • Melqart
    edited April 2016
    Options

No it doesn't. Only to your understanding it conflicts. I'm not big on the bible but some of my gnostic friends have told me that there is in fact subtle allusions in the bible to reincarnation.

I just looked it up, and there are plenty of subtle allusions rather than implicit teachings. Here is the one I remember reading about back when I was practicing Gnosticism.

Matthew 16
    [13] When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
    [14] And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
    [15] He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
    [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living ? .

Ask yourself why they would believe him to be another man from the days past. It's because reincarnation must have been taken as common knowledge in those days.
  • CracceR
    Options

Believe me when I say your approval means less than nothing. You're more than entitled to believe so. Never have even seen a hallucinogen in my life, but you're more than welcome to imagine that.

so you achieved these things with meditation techniques, but you cant tell us how because you dont want us to mess up our lifes with these techniques?
    why even mention it at all if its so dangerous for us common ppl?
    stop trolling dude, you live in a fantasy
  • Melqart
    Options

so you achieved these things with meditation techniques, but you cant tell us how because you dont want us to mess up our lifes with these techniques?

Yes you fool. That's exactly why I won't go into further detail. Things like qigong deviation syndrome and kundalini sickness are well documented. Google those terms of you'd like.

if u want to go about practicing advanced techniques without the YEARS of foundational work and ? up your life, go ahead. But I'm not taking on the karma for it.

I mentioned it because it's that's how it happened. Whine all you'd like. For sake of continuity you're more than welcome to block me or whatever, because I'm not going to be responding to your posts.
  • Fosheezy
    Options

No it doesn't. Only to your understanding it conflicts. I'm not big on the bible but some of my gnostic friends have told me that there is in fact subtle allusions in the bible to reincarnation.

I just looked it up, and there are plenty of subtle allusions rather than implicit teachings. Here is the one I remember reading about back when I was practicing Gnosticism.

Matthew 16
    [13] When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
    [14] And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
    [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living ? .

Ask yourself why they would believe him to be another man from the days past. It's because reincarnation must have been taken as common knowledge in those days.
    There's no support in the above text for drawing that conclusion. What was happening is people were simply confusing Jesus identity with other known men of ? . the simple truth is they didn't know who he was. Only heard about things he had done. Peter affirmation that Jesus is the Christ isnt a statement of uncertainty, it's one of known truth... he actually knew who Jesus was while one earth.

Not to mention claiming the passage above alludes to reincarnation creates a bunch of other problems with a number of biblical text

Like I mentioned, after Jesus death and burial, he did not reincarnate. no he rose (from the grave) 3 days later. After the resurrection he Stayed on the earth for a bit over a month and kicked it exclusively with few apostles and others brothers and sisters so they can witness this miraculous historical event and they wrote about it. From the witness say he just floated into heaven.

it's not a misunderstanding. It's just the idea of reincarnation don't exist in the Bible.
  • Melqart
    edited April 2016
    Options

Matthew 16

There's no support in the above text for drawing that conclusion. What was happening is people were simply confusing Jesus identity with other known men of ? . the simple truth is they didn't know who he was. Only heard about things he had done. Peter affirmation that Jesus is the Christ isnt a statement of uncertainty, it's one of known truth... he actually knew who Jesus was while one earth.

Not to mention claiming the passage above alludes to reincarnation creates a bunch of other problems with a number of biblical text

Like I mentioned, after Jesus death and burial, he did not reincarnate. no he rose (from the grave) 3 days later. After the resurrection he Stayed on the earth for a bit over a month and kicked it exclusively with few apostles and others brothers and sisters so they can witness this miraculous historical event and they wrote about it. From the witness say he just floated into heaven.

it's not a misunderstanding. It's just the idea of reincarnation don't exist in the Bible.

Yep. They had mistaken Jesus for Elias, whom had lived and died 9 centuries beforehand. Jeremiah too, who lived 6 centuries before. But ok
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

SMH @ being a white guy in the past, hell to the nah! Generally speaking, white people are so simple-minded and trivial. You might meet one or two who aren't like that, but still. It's almost hard to believe we're even the same species.

At the bold, any text for people just starting to delve into, or simply curious about these teachings? Currently reading Dark Light Consciousness by Edward Bynum.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I believe in it. My latest theory (in process) can be summed up as, once you fulfill your purpose, you move on to the next stage, and continue down that path until you reach divinity.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options

There are several people right now who claim to be Jesus Christ reincarnated. They have Youtube videos you can look up, they swear they were Jesus and ? himself. So in reality, you need to have more proof of what you're saying.

Jesus is not the first person to be declared a messiah either, there have been many messiahs throughout history and many of them have or had followers who claimed they rose from the grave to never die again. It's not really a unique story in the grand scheme of things.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

SMH @ being a white guy in the past, hell to the nah! Generally speaking, white people are so simple-minded and trivial. You might meet one or two who aren't like that, but still. It's almost hard to believe we're even the same species.

At the bold, any text for people just starting to delve into, or simply curious about these teachings? Currently reading Dark Light Consciousness by Edward Bynum.

I would feel so bugged out if I ever imagined myself as a White guy in the past. That would legit freak me out, but it's possible he may be having visions of a past White ancestor (who was himself), a lot of Blacks have White mixtures in them. That book sounds interesting though.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes. Reincarnation does in fact exist.

The Law of Conservation Theory states that "energy is neither created nor destroyed, it's merely transferred from one entity to the next."

A cow eats grass, that cow digests the grass through his large intestine then ? it out onto the grass, the ? is used as fertilizer to grow more grass to eat.......That's the circle of life. Nothing is wasted, examples like this are the only form of reincarnation that can be verified by the "eye test."

Moreover, if you study the periodic table of elements in Chemistry, you'll notice that we have all those elements in our body (including stardust from outer space).

The human body is 60% water and hydrogen (H2O). There's a reason why they say "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" when we pass away. Because science has confirmed that we're simply going back in to nature in a non-human form.

Believe in Science, not man-made fairy tales by so-called Prophets, looking to "profit" off your ignorance.

I mostly agree, but I think it's possible many will not experience reincarnation, at least not an Earthly one. I say that because many people (including myself) have never experienced these reincarnation visions. I have experienced incredible moments of deja vu and that sometimes leads me to believe certain events are meant to happen, but I always wonder why some experience these visions of reincarnation, and others can't or haven't.

I was close with a doctor and she would blame mental illness for some of these things, but most of the people I personally know with these visions are very normal, functional people.
  • Fosheezy
    Options

There are several people right now who claim to be Jesus Christ reincarnated. They have Youtube videos you can look up, they swear they were Jesus and ? himself. So in reality, you need to have more proof of what you're saying.
    that's why i made the point about jesus - although not on this earth - been alive since his resurrection, therefore the people claiming reincarnation esp to be Jesus reincarnated need more proof.
    Jesus is not the first person to be declared a messiah either, there have been many messiahs throughout history and many of them have or had followers who claimed they rose from the grave to never die again. It's not really a unique story in the grand scheme of things.
    yea i'm gonna leave this one alone haha
  • kingblaze84
    Options

that's why i made the point about jesus - although not on this earth - been alive since his resurrection, therefore the people claiming reincarnation esp to be Jesus reincarnated need more proof.
    yea i'm gonna leave this one alone haha

The story of Jesus' birth in some ways is one giant reincarnation story though, he turned himself from a ? into a human right? And back into a ? after he died (supposedly). There are many themes of reincarnation in that story if you really think about it. I agree the people who say they are Jesus reincarnated need more proof, but technically, the story of Jesus being a messiah could use more proof too.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think there is a reason we don't know how to destroy energy.
  • joshrock
    joshrock Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options

I don't necessarily believe in it but if it was real I don't think there's any higher form of coming back than a housecat in a good home. Think about it: Eat, sleep, and get tickled at will. Dictionary definition of ballin. If life could only be this good.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    joshrock wrote: »

I don't necessarily believe in it but if it was real I don't think there's any higher form of coming back than a housecat in a good home. Think about it: Eat, sleep, and get tickled at will. Dictionary definition of ballin. If life could only be this good.

Word that does sound like a fun life, a cat growing up like that has a better life then like 75% of humanity. It's crazy that so many animals out there have better lives then humans, makes me want to see that Keanu movie this weekend. Being a powerful eagle or falcon sounds real fun to me too, gliding through the skies and being able to fly from danger at will has got to be one of the biggest thrills any living being could ever experience.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I think there is a reason we don't know how to destroy energy.

Yep....assuming reincarnation is real, I wonder how long it would take to come back as something or someone else. And who or what would be the one deciding what we come back as. If I get any say so, I'd beg to come back as a magician and if that wish is rejected, I'd settle for a flying ghost lol
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Being able to travel back in time somehow would be awesome too
  • CracceR
    Options

if u want to go about practicing advanced techniques without the YEARS of foundational work and ? up your life, go ahead. But I'm not taking on the karma for it.

how do you know we haven't done the foundational work?
    clearly all of us in this thread have done the years of foundational work
    biblicalatheist is a witch and kingblaze is a monk, we are all initiated and ready, third eye open and fingers crossed
    bless us with your knowledge now
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options