Lets Discuss Robert Horry For A Sec

Options
2»

Comments

• MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Its something to be said for a player like Robert Horry who consistently showed up and preformed in big moments.
    I've seen some of the leagues top players like Harden, Westbrook, etc fold in those pressure type situations. They put up all-star numbers all year, but lack the ability to calmy execute in those crucial moments....sometimes that athletic ability will only take you so far.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    Its something to be said for a player like Robert Horry who consistently showed up and preformed in big moments.
    I've seen some of the leagues top players like Harden, Westbrook, etc fold in those pressure type situations. They put up all-star numbers all year, but lack the ability to calmy execute in those crucial moments....sometimes that athletic ability will only take you so far.

You sound so stupid comparing Horry to them. And I seen Westbrook and Harden show up plenty of times in the playoffs ALL GAME long.

Players that draw the best defenders vs a ? that get an open shot because he's a 4th option. You don't know ? .
  • MD_PROPER
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

You sound so stupid comparing Horry to them. And I seen Westbrook and Harden show up plenty of times in the playoffs ALL GAME long.

Players that draw the best defenders vs a ? that get an open shot because he's a 4th option. You don't know ? .

Lets see where both them ? playing at in June then get back at me you ol' homotional ass ?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Horry used to sleepwalk through entire seasons but when playoff time came it was like he always knew where to be at the right time... Shout out to the GOAT role player.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQDsZljAOY

That was one of them moments I knew right when it happened would be burned into my memory for eternity. Whole house went nuts when he hit that ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    He had a cup of coffee with the Suns too. But he complained his way out of Phoenix and got traded to the Lakers.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody has points on both sides of calling him trash/saying his job was easy and that he's who you want shooting the last shot.

Real spit: you know every time that dude took a shot near the end of a game the opposing side ? themselves a little bit. It might not be the "How the ? did you leave Kobe open?" stare of death from a coach, but his shots are so epic they sit in memory to the point that a player leaving him open in the stretch probably ran suicides out the ass the next day back then even if he bricked.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the question remains; who would you rather have on your team Robert Horry or Karl Malone?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    So the question remains; who would you rather have on your team Robert Horry or Karl Malone?

Really?

5 seconds left in game 7 of the finals. Who would you pass the ball to, Robert Horry or Karl Malone?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really?

5 seconds left in game 7 of the finals. Who would you pass the ball to, Robert Horry or Karl Malone?

5 seconds left in the regular season you're playing for Lottery position if you choose Horry over Malone
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did this coc head really just ask this? I told you that ? kills
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

LMAO.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And remember he had to do some of the ? work too.

http://youtu.be/7LT_C7o5ZGM
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, he's legit a huge reason Spurs won that because most of the Suns scorers caught suspensions after he shoulder checked Nash into that table, if I recall.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jesus Christ

timduncanokthatsenuf.png

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Great question man! So another question remains...

Bruce Bowen or Michael Jordan?

?

mj_headshake.gif?w=650
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Jesus Christ

timduncanokthatsenuf.png

That wasn't one of the options
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody know why the Lakers got rid of him?

I know he wasn't much of a scorer, but you could count on him in the 4th quarter.

heres a quote from the Horry artilce i posted earlier.. this is him talking about the Lakers
    Honestly, I left the Lakers with so much hatred for that team. I felt that the way they handled my situation was so wrong. I remember going into the exit meetings after we had won the title and it was my year to opt out. You walk into the meeting and everyone is hugging you, kissing you, praising you.

I said, “I know I make too much money and I know you’ve got a hard-on for Karl Malone.” They had been wanting him for five years, ever since Phil got there. I’m a realist. Tell me like it is and I will respect you more, just don’t go behind my back. I told them I’d stay for $2 million, but they weren’t interested. All I asked them was to allow me to find a team before the money dried up and not to wait until the last day to release me. They told me, “We won’t do you like that.”

Well, they didn’t do me like that. They waited until the next to last day to release me.
  • moneycrooksent.
    moneycrooksent. Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Horry was a great team player. Always did his job hitting big shot when it came to him. The thing is he didn't drive the car on any team he played. Hakeem/Clyde and Shaq/Kobe drove he played the back seat.
  • MD_PROPER
    Options

Lets see where both them ? playing at in June then get back at me you ol' homotional ass ?

image.png
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert Horry is a HOF
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston shouldn't have ever traded him
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Shaquille O'neal always talks about "big shot Rob". Horry was a very important other.

People tend to think of clutch as only game winning jumpers. Clutch is also hitting a shot to take the lead from 3 to 5 when the opponent is coming back within reach.

I'm still mad about the 05 finals when sheed left Horry open. Soon is it left his hand you knew it was going in. Then he hit everything in OT and dunked on us.

That game 5 is what cost us the series.

Yeah that ? ? me off bad w/Sheed leaving him wide open for that jumper