Why I Was Wrong About Atheism by Stefan Molyneux

Options
alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
This guy does not profess to be a Christian. In his video, he is pointing out some things about atheism like where they may tend to stand politically, how some atheists can act just as threatened when questioned about things, and how they tend to not have a lot of children.

http://youtu.be/vqQdc0mX1_c

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atheism is a cultural dead end
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "Atheists, in general, run to their big daddy government for every problem, never realizing the big mighty state is actually worse than the christian ? . Irrational addiction to state power, which is the blackest darkest ? in history."*
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Molynuex is smart but low key he's a cult leader.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "Atheists, in general, run to their big daddy government for every problem, never realizing the big mighty state is actually worse than the christian ? . Irrational addiction to state power, which is the blackest darkest ? in history."*

He drank so much Libertarian kool aid I'm surprised he didn't start his video by jumping through a wall

koolaid-man-o.gif

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Wtf does that even mean lmao.

It just means you don't believe in a deity.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I'm not listening to this he is talking about ? and government.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

It means that with religion comes along a certain way of thinking and living that ensures your cultural or biological survival and without it a society is made weaker.
  • zzombie
    Options
    I'm not listening to this he is talking about ? and government.

in a way he is talking about Both
  • zzombie
    Options
    Like it or not he makes a good point the most secular and atheistic nations on earth are in western europe and their native populations are slowly dying the ? off and low key they being invaded by muslims.

and don't get me started on japan although the Japanese aren't actually atheist in the way Europeans are the japanese are still largely an atheistic society and they coincidentally are also dying the ? off
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like it or not he makes a good point the most secular and atheistic nations on earth are in western europe and their native populations are slowly dying the ? off and low key they being invaded by muslims.

and don't get me started on japan although the Japanese aren't actually atheist in the way Europeans are the japanese are still largely an atheistic society and they coincidentally are also dying the ? off

Japan is overcrowded anyway, apartments there are famous for being tiny. That's part of the reason the Japanese empire tried to expand back in the day. As far as societies being secular, that's not a big deal, societies that are non-religious are often more stable and have happier people compared to very religious nations.

Atheists and the secular have contributed greatly to societies around the world historically, people pro-creating less isn't that bad, the world doesn't have as many resources as you think it does. Desertification and global warming will create a lot of misery around the world in due time, it's slowly happening already.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly it makes no sense, secular people have contributed greatly in all aspects of life, science, art, music, etc.
  • zzombie
    edited April 2016
    Options

Japan is overcrowded anyway, apartments there are famous for being tiny. That's part of the reason the Japanese empire tried to expand back in the day. As far as societies being secular, that's not a big deal, societies that are non-religious are often more stable and have happier people compared to very religious nations.

Atheists and the secular have contributed greatly to societies around the world historically, people pro-creating less isn't that bad, the world doesn't have as many resources as you think it does. Desertification and global warming will create a lot of misery around the world in due time, it's slowly happening already.

lol japan isn't over crowded some cities in japan are overcrowded . You see IN THE west ( europe) there used to be a balance between religiosity and secularism that it took a long ? time for the west to create this balance but now that the scales have been tipped too far in one direction western society has been made weak and now it is dying.

PLENTY atheist have contributed to society not as much as religious people but i do recognize atheist contributions however as we are seeing right now in Europe a society with no religion, no spirituality, no deep depth of being no way of seeing the world as anything beyond crude physical matter; will produce individuals that struggle to find purpose. Muslims, Christians, Hindus religious people in general have a purpose beyond ourselves and beyond this material world. Atheist do not.

overpopulation is a ? MYTH it's a silly ? creation of leftist and often has been used as an excuse to promote genocide. If anything overpopulation is a local problem and has nothing to do with the western and northern European nations i am talking about.

There is no way Berber north Africans would be ? white women in the middle of Germany if Germans still had a christian viewpoint or perspective of the world. I've told you before not having children is a sign of genetic inferiority one of the most powerful forces in all life is procreation if you don't have that desire then... your people, your genetic uniqueness will die
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No. Japan was not overcroweded before WW1 or before WW2 and Japan is not overcrowded today. Though I dont agree with atheism being the reason why there population is seeing a decline.

Thats as bad as saying the US is overcrowed because you love in a metropolitan while ignorging the whole Midwest.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I don't care what any European nation does with what...they are weak if they let a belief/disbelief destroy their lives. I'm totally don't care if people believe what they want and I'm not pushing for no agenda. You got to walk your path at the end of the day no matter if everyone around you believes what you believe in, you have to walk down your path and enlightenment and understanding.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

lol japan isn't over crowded some cities in japan are overcrowded . You see IN THE west ( europe) there used to be a balance between religiosity and secularism that it took a long ? time for the west to create this balance but now that the scales have been tipped too far in one direction western society has been made weak and now it is dying.

PLENTY atheist have contributed to society not as much as religious people but i do recognize atheist contributions however as we are seeing right now in Europe a society with no religion, no spirituality, no deep depth of being no way of seeing the world as anything beyond crude physical matter; will produce individuals that struggle to find purpose. Muslims, Christians, Hindus religious people in general have a purpose beyond ourselves and beyond this material world. Atheist do not.

overpopulation is a ? MYTH it's a silly ? creation of leftist and often has been used as an excuse to promote genocide. If anything overpopulation is a local problem and has nothing to do with the western and northern European nations i am talking about.

There is no way Berber north Africans would be ? white women in the middle of Germany if Germans still had a christian viewpoint or perspective of the world. I've told you before not having children is a sign of genetic inferiority one of the most powerful forces in all life is procreation if you don't have that desire then... your people, your genetic uniqueness will die

In evolutionary biology not always the individual that has to propagate the species the individual can protect the youth as they grow into adulthood to propagate the species. I'ts not always breeding that is a evolutionary biological strength, but defending the youth. Biology is not straight forward as most would think, it's diverse in it's way of propagating the species.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

No. Japan was not overcroweded before WW1 or before WW2 and Japan is not overcrowded today. Though I dont agree with atheism being the reason why there population is seeing a decline.

Thats as bad as saying the US is overcrowed because you love in a metropolitan while ignorging the whole Midwest.

Nah, atheism isn't the cause and it's more have to do with material desires and these people could be believers. But there is literally so much cool ? to have in Japan it's just taken over and they are expensive as hell.
  • zzombie
    Options

In evolutionary biology not always the individual that has to propagate the species the individual can protect the youth as they grow into adulthood to propagate the species. I'ts not always breeding that is a evolutionary biological strength, but defending the youth. Biology is not straight forward as most would think, it's diverse in it's way of propagating the species.

except Europeans, for example the swedes are not propagating themselves they are in deep population decline and they also are not protecting their youth because like i already said the are low key being invaded also human beings are not ants and we don't typically refuse to breed to protect society we live in that's not really our nature; no other primate refuses to breed when they can, also the people that are not having children aren't doing so with some high minded notion of protecting the species

these people are not having children because they don't want to be bothered they just want to continue to live life unencumbered by children.
  • zzombie
    Options

I don't care what any European nation does with what...they are weak if they let a belief/disbelief destroy their lives. I'm totally don't care if people believe what they want and I'm not pushing for no agenda. You got to walk your path at the end of the day no matter if everyone around you believes what you believe in, you have to walk down your path and enlightenment and understanding.

Well you should care because if the power of belief can destroy any society then that same belief can destroy your society unless you have a competing belief that can keep the destructive belief out there is a great possibility that you will fall prey to it.

Enlightenment and understanding is great for the individual but the often the individual is irrelevant future generations matter more than any singular life. Your statement itself is an outgrowth of western European thinking, placing the individual above the group or the future of the group is not eastern or African philosophy it's very European.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Well you should care because if the power of belief can destroy any society then that same belief can destroy your society unless you have a competing belief that can keep the destructive belief out there is a great possibility that you will fall prey to it.

Enlightenment and understanding is great for the individual but the often the individual is irrelevant future generations matter more than any singular life. Your statement itself is an outgrowth of western European thinking, placing the individual above the group or the future of the group is not eastern or African philosophy it's very European.

I think there should be a blend of Western/Eastern thinking. I don't disagree with a lot of European thoughts nor do I agree with a lot of traditional African beliefs. Somewhere down the line the two should meet. We are becoming more global, so the coming of two ideas should blend. Like you think some Europeans ideas are great and there are great ideas, how they gain the stability to do so, we are definitely both agree that was wrong especially concerning their religious attitude in that day violated their religion.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    But I always say I don't care what you believe in as long as it doesn't affect negatively toward yourself and others around you. If it does then I definitely care and we all should act with swiftness. If your Islam or Christianity is making you rude and aggressive towards others then you need to be brought down. I view various different religions as the same way as Ghenghis Khan does, believe what you want, but don't disturb the greater good.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

except Europeans, for example the swedes are not propagating themselves they are in deep population decline and they also are not protecting their youth because like i already said the are low key being invaded also human beings are not ants and we don't typically refuse to breed to protect society we live in that's not really our nature; no other primate refuses to breed when they can, also the people that are not having children aren't doing so with some high minded notion of protecting the species

these people are not having children because they don't want to be bothered they just want to continue to live life unencumbered by children.

Yeah, well natural selection will handle it if nothing happens. They use too many resources anyway and the Japanese as well.
  • zzombie
    Options

Yeah, well natural selection will handle it if nothing happens. They use too many resources anyway and the Japanese as well.

If they didn't use those resources would those resources go to Africa or any place else??? probably not and the same forces of natural selection also apply to all races, peoples and cultures.
  • zzombie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    But I always say I don't care what you believe in as long as it doesn't affect negatively toward yourself and others around you. If it does then I definitely care and we all should act with swiftness. If your Islam or Christianity is making you rude and aggressive towards others then you need to be brought down. I view various different religions as the same way as Ghenghis Khan does, believe what you want, but don't disturb the greater good.

How are atheist going to bring anything down with a population that is less that 1% of the world??? if Christianity is totally drained from western Europe most likely it will be replaced by Islam and native Europeans will also most likely be replaced by Arabs,Turks and north Africans. By advocating for nothing; believing in nothing while everyone else believes in something and are willing to die for their convictions Europeans have set themselves up for war, death and demise.

Genghis khan himself believed in his own mongol religion and that belief itself pushed him to try and conqueror the world so once again a example of a religious ideology pushing forward the survival of a groups gens and spreading of their power.
  • zzombie
    Options
    did anybody actually watch the whole video????
  • Ajackson17
    Options

How are atheist going to bring anything down with a population that is less that 1% of the world??? if Christianity is totally drained from western Europe most likely it will be replaced by Islam and native Europeans will also most likely be replaced by Arabs,Turks and north Africans. By advocating for nothing; believing in nothing while everyone else believes in something and are willing to die for their convictions Europeans have set themselves up for war, death and demise.

Genghis khan himself believed in his own mongol religion and that belief itself pushed him to try and conqueror the world so once again a example of a religious ideology pushing forward the survival of a groups gens and spreading of their power.

Its deeper than that and he found other beliefs to be interesting and didn't forced his beliefs on no one. He had christians, muslims, jews, taoists and etc under him.

He wanted order and he gained that view from living in the harsh terrain of the steppes.The khan were disorganized as hell and he organized them through military forces.