DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited April 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
a905eitehz7s.jpeg
*guess

Let's End The Debate: Kareem Abdul Jabbar vs Michael Jordan 61 votes

Kareem Abdul Jabbar
26%
gnstexas409toheeb27joeyfkncrakkJusDre313the_focused_onevagrant-718nycest_1CapitalBNothingButTheTruthMister B.KamPushMeDaBull_Jay_5 GrandBrewjo 16 votes
Michael Jeffrey Jordan
59%
rap mysteriolion_heartsouthsil4lilninetiesinfamous114the ghostMdizzle9000TheBossmanRobCoLifeemaculategman82spit_fiyaPanchoYoSanchoIbexnujerz84FlyFreeCtS.jR.Shizlanskysapo614Billy_Poncho 36 votes
Can't Compare Eras/Didn't Watch One, The Other, Or Both to Make an Educated Gues
14%
Bender Rodriguezd.greencoltoncaddo manMR.CJsilverfoxxPeezy_Jenkins#1hiphopjunki3LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY 9 votes

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    This debate will never end.

I tried this once already, and the Spacejammers went baboon ? over the ether thrown around.

The Proof
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean Stat wise...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a debate?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    the better player?? Kareem..
    the greater player to the game of basketball?? Jordan..

i came to this conclusion and have gotten closure on this issue debating boxing (which im a casual fan of) wit a friend over Mayweather and Ali...

i argued Ali bein greater and better..
    but because my boy was a lil bit more knowledgable then me in the sport i conceded.. but Mayweather will never mean as much to the sport of boxing and reach that status of Ali..

same wit basketball..
    as dominant as Kareem was on every level.. ? balled since YMCA, lol he'll never mean to basketball what Jordan does..

and also Billfiger sounds like an idiot..
    if im not mistaken he's from chicago so i guess its to be expected in a thread like this..

but there is no way to logically argue Jordan bein the better player.. thats jus emotions talking..
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan
    It's misleading to compare total career stats seeing as MJ only played 2/3 as many games as Kareem. It would also be misleading to post career averages since Kareem played well past his prime compared to Jordan who only had 2 years as a Wizard. I also love how that list left out Finals MVP's which MJ trumps Kareem 6-2.

That said, if anybody other than Jordan has a case to be the GOAT, it's Kareem.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    It's misleading to compare total career stats seeing as MJ only played 2/3 as many games as Kareem. It would also be misleading to post career averages since Kareem played well past his prime compared to Jordan who only had 2 years as a Wizard. I also love how that list left out Finals MVP's which MJ trumps Kareem 6-2.

i actually argue Magic..
    bein better AND greater..

but i digress..
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan

i actually argue Magic..

but i digress..

I agree, but if you're talking career accomplishments it goes to Kareem. Kareem won a ring without Magic and twice as many MVPs. He's got as many rings and 1 more MVP than Jordan. Jordan has 1more ring and 2 more MVPs than Magic. And Kareem won more NCAA championships than Jordan and Magic combined.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar

i actually argue Magic..

but i digress..

I agree, but if you're talking career accomplishments it goes to Kareem. Kareem won a ring without Magic and twice as many MVPs. He's got as many rings and 1 more MVP than Jordan. Jordan has 1more ring and 2 more MVPs than Magic. And Kareem won more NCAA championships than Jordan and Magic combined.

which is why iv long stopped arguin..
    ? bring that in but wanna dismiss it when i then bring up Kareem. lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan

i actually argue Magic..

but i digress..

6 finals MVP and same amount of Rings in less years.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and also Billfiger sounds like an idiot..
    if im not mistaken he's from chicago so i guess its to be expected in a thread like this..

but there is no way to logically argue Jordan bein the better player.. thats jus emotions talking..

Cuz nobody outside chicago calls jordan the goat,Foh wit that trash logic.Refute anything I posted and prove me wrong then and we'll see who's the real idiot
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan
    Jordan is the goat because if there was a draft today with all the NBA players that ever played he'll be picked first by most. Kareem wouldn't be picked until later in the draft and that would show how much many of you really think of him because honestly I doubt anybody picks him first.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't Compare Eras/Didn't Watch One, The Other, Or Both to Make an Educated Gues
    I tend to compare players post by post. So I dont see how to compare the two. What is sure they are both legendary gifted players.
    However the Aura, the Impact, the IMPRINT at a globla scale of Jordan give the latter the edge.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan was and is the face of LEGENDARY basketball till today. Hes ahs done so musch for the game. Hes was beyond the game. In a football dominated country he has provoked a cultural shellshock.

We havent heard terms like ' the Jabbar of cooking, the Jabbr of dancing, the Jabbar of football, cricket'

But we have ' the Jordan standards'. Even his memes are winning lol.

His talent, style and achievement had all this cultural global Impact that only a few could have, Michael Jackson by example.

And we still havnt seen his replacement yet. The crown is still on his head. The Aura is still here.
    Sorry Bron, Magic, Steph, Duncan, Kobe. Yall super good but once I watch some Jordan Vids, i m still like a lil kid, MESMERIZED
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    This won't end the debate as Jordan is more popular, so Jordan will win EVERY poll no matter who he's put against. That's why Jordan is considered the GREATEST player, and not the most-skilled or simply the best player ever.

It's like arguing Biggie or Pac vs. a rapper who is a clearly better MC. Those 2 rappers are going to beat out everyone except each other.

Micheal Jackson is also on that level of popularity in his field. Muhammad Ali is the same in the field of boxing. The funny thing is, it's all a product of marketing and promotion, that the average viewer falls victim to.

... With that said, Jordan was extremely skilled, so he's easily the best combination of true skill mixed with a ridiculously amount of marketing and promotion. Jordan is truly better than 99.99% of the competition.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bigs need a player to deliver the ball. Only reason why they will never be consider the GOAT!They rely on their teammates.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    caddo man wrote: »
    Bigs need a player to deliver the ball. Only reason why they will never be consider the GOAT!They rely on their teammates.

No they don't. Don't confuse the format or the way the game is played with actual talent or skill level. A lot of bigs, especially all-time great bigs can bring the ball up the court with no problem.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan
    Jordan, too easy
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar

No they don't. Don't confuse the format or the way the game is played with actual talent or skill level. A lot of bigs, especially all-time great bigs can bring the ball up the court with no problem.

Bill Russell
    Kareem
    Hakeem
    Ewing
    David Robinson
    Wilt
    Shaquille

Bring the ball up huh?

YES!!! Point guards bring up the ball because that's their role, to get the team in formation, and start the offense. Guards usually bring the ball up because they're bigger threats than most big man on the outside, as they've practiced a particular skill set where they can generally make 2s and 3s off the dribble at a much higher percentage, while the big man has the highest percentage of getting rebound position and snatching the offensive board, which is why they're usually in the paint somewhere. It's THE WAY the game is played to maximize efficiency.

All of those big man you've listed have the basic basketball skills to dribble up and down, switch hands and bring the ball up the court, and make a simple turn of the body to stop the defender from taking the ball if necessary, don't be silly. It's just not a very efficient way to start the offense, and it will tire the big man out as most of their energy is needed for help defense and boxing out against other players of strength.

You must not realize how good these guys are at the game. This ain't open gym bruh.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bill Russell
    Kareem
    Hakeem
    Ewing
    David Robinson
    Wilt
    Shaquille

Bring the ball up huh?

YES!!! Point guards bring up the ball because that's their role, to get the team in formation, and start the offense. Guards usually bring the ball up because they're bigger threats than most big man on the outside, as they've practiced a particular skill set where they can generally make 2s and 3s off the dribble at a much higher percentage, while the big man has the highest percentage of getting rebound position and snatching the offensive board, which is why they're usually in the paint somewhere. It's THE WAY the game is played to maximize efficiency.

All of those big man you've listed have the basic basketball skills to dribble up and down, switch hands and bring the ball up the court, and make a simple turn of the body to stop the defender from taking the ball if necessary, don't be silly. It's just not a very efficient way to start the offense, and it will tire the big man out as most of their energy is needed for help defense and boxing out against other players of strength.

You must not realize how good these guys are at the game. This ain't open gym bruh.

You just proved my point!
    I never said they were not the GOAT. They rely on players to deliver the ball. You just typed that in that essay.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan
    MJ was robbed out of 2 MVPs. One was in the 97' season. I still smh to this day that LA got embarrassed by Detroit in 89' on the biggest stage
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    The argument is legit
    I remember smh'ing when magic said kobe was the best Laker ever
    I was like, tf?