'SIXTH SENSE' Voted Film With Most Shocking Ending...

Options
2»

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Ya'll do know that The Sixth Sense was basically a swagger jacking of an old episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, right? I think it's safe to say that M. Night Shyamalan sucks ? at film-making unless he's biting his movie from someone else. Go watch "The Tale of the Dream Girl" on youtube and tell me I'm lying. I thought it was a dope homage to that show when it first came out, but all of the raw sewage he's come out with since then has kinda changed my perceptive.

I remember that episode the first time around on Nickelodeon as well. It shows how ? M Night Shymalalalalalalan really is when his best film was basically robbed from a children's TV show and he's been producing nothing but utter ? ever since
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    It was just a movie LOL... Fight Club which was in that list was "implausible" at times when you get to the end

And you know how Hollywood treat films with ghosts in them...

Every time I watch Fight Club it still makes sense to me. Nothing in the movie directly contradicts the twist. In The Sixth Sense there are a ton of things.

It being "just a movie" is beside the point.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sixth Sense...I saw it coming anyway, it was so obviously.

I love ? because of Alfred Hitchcock. He's a ? genius with his ? ....if you're a huge Alfred Hitchcock then watch all of his movies. Vertigo movie has the greatest twist ever for me, because it's this almost stupidly implausible, utterly over-complex scheme that Hitchcock somehow makes me accept.

Memento....you get the confused but you have to watch twice

The Prestige.....it seems went over your heads.

The Game.....Too many twists in this movie til the ending.

The Other....was nice twist.

Fight Club....I loved it.

the twist in Shutter Island ruined the film for me, cuz I found it too predictible.
  • Carnage816
    Carnage816 Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just because the ending is tragic doesn't make it a shocking twist like the other films on that list.

Its not the tragic part of it, but the fact of how and what happened. You would never think that the movie would end like that especially it being mainstream and everything. And right after it happened, the only thing you could say was "Damn".
  • Carnage816
    Carnage816 Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A Perfect Getaway was VERY shocking too. It's one of those films you have to watch atleast twice because you have to go back over everything that was said or done after you know what the twist was.

That movie turned out a better than i thought it would.
  • soke sleezy
    soke sleezy Members Posts: 27
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OLDBOY should of been on that list as #1 that endin was just too ? insane!
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OLDBOY should of been on that list as #1 that endin was just too ? insane!

co-signature. most definately the most shocking ending of all time, now that i think of it
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A Perfect Getaway was VERY shocking too. It's one of those films you have to watch atleast twice because you have to go back over everything that was said or done after you know what the twist was.

i agree with this
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. Sixth Sense (1999) - Bruce Willis's character is in fact dead.
    2. ? (1960) - Norman Bates has dressed as his mother.
    3. The Usual Suspects (1995) - Kevin Spacey's character Verbal is actually the villain Keyser Soze.
    4. The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.
    5. Saw (2004) - Villain Jigsaw is alive and was just pretending to be dead throughout the film.
    6. Fight Club (1999) - Ed Norton and Brad Pitt's characters are the same person.
    7. The Wicker Man (1973) - Edward Woodward's Sgt Howie has been lured to become a sacrifice.
    8. The Others (2001) - Grace Stewart (Nicole Kidman) and family are ghosts.
    9. Se7en (1995) - Spacey's John Doe character has set up the plot to engineer his death.
    10. Planet Of The Apes (1968) - The setting is planet Earth in the future.

Wow, these are all some of my favorite movies of all time. I like movies with a good twist at the end.

Getwitcha
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It was about time someone mentioned Oldboy
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options