Better player in his PRIME: D Wade or Allen Iverson?

Options

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I.
    Prime? Allen Iverson no question. Career goes to Wade though.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    AI loses all these type arguments to me bc of the fg%. Period point blank it cannot be overlooked.

There is a huge difference between 27 on 40% vs 27 on 45-50%
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    S2J wrote: »
    AI loses all these type arguments to me bc of the fg%. Period point blank it cannot be overlooked.

I seen way too many 30 point games with 25 shots from Iverson. It's one thing when your shot just ain't fallin but you can't make the situation even worse by taking contested fadeaways.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    D Wade
    Wade's Peak Years - 9
    Wade's career- 9

Iverson's Peak Years - 9.5
    Iverson's career - 7

Hardware/Accolades: Wade >>> Iverson.

All around game: Wade >> Iverson

Clutch gene: Wade > Iverson
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    Iverson is the most overrated player among folks from the hood. Wade is the by far superior player all around with a better career.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    Wade is the better player but a lot of his success and accolades is because of LBJ.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I.
    Lmaooo last 6 post just full of ignorance
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

I seen way too many 30 point games with 25 shots from Iverson. It's one thing when your shot just ain't fallin but you can't make the situation even worse by taking contested fadeaways.

ur a 76ers fan

i hate to keep bringin this up but ? maybe u know better than me

u dont think who he had on the court with him was a factor? how?!
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaooo last 6 post just full of ignorance

@R.D.

Tell me what I said that was false.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Wade is the better player but a lot of his success and accolades is because of LBJ.

what the ?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    D Wade

what the ?

Wade has a lot of first round exits and a missed playoffs on his back. Injuries has a lot to do with it but it still happen.

Pre Shaq and Pre LBJ wasn't great for him as a playoff player.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    D Wade
    0 conference finals
    0 MVPs
    I'm talking about playoff accolades. Not skill

But he's the second greatest SG of all time
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade was better, but let's not act like Flash was just head and shoulders better than the Answer.

Wade is very fortunate he was drafted by a franchise with good ownership and a great GM in Pat Riley who always consistently put good talent around him.

Doubt he'd be a one time champ much less a 3X champ had he been drafted by some of the franchises with lesser front offices around the league.

Yes, I know Iverson was a volume shooter and shot a very low percentage but you almost have to be when guys like Eric Snow and Aaron McKie are your second and third best players.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theae both my favorite players of all time AI and Wade currently...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    D Wade

what the ?

Wade has a lot of first round exits and a missed playoffs on his back. Injuries has a lot to do with it but it still happen.

Pre Shaq and Pre LBJ wasn't great for him as a playoff player.

Lol he played 1 season without Shaq and that was his rookie and he was the reason we even got to the 2nd round. You stay talking out of your ass.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    Wade is the better player but a lot of his success and accolades is because of LBJ. R

Boy I tell ya...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    A.I.
    im bias. lol

ill take a healthy Wade over Kobe tho any day..
    if thats any consolation..
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    D Wade
    Nevermind
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    D Wade
    im bias. lol

ill take a healthy Wade over Kobe tho any day..
    if thats any consolation..

Him and Kobe are what and what to me.

MJ
    Kobe/Wade
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade

ur a 76ers fan

Iverson did not play with all-stars but that does not mean he was out there with recreational league players. He still had many chances to make his teammates better by passing the ball. Sometimes he did, a lot of times he did not. When a team sends a hard double at you the smart play is to pass to the open guy not try to shoot over the double. My favorite game by Iverson is not any of the 50 point games but game 7 vs Raptors when he had the 16 dimes bcuz Toronto was lockin him up. He still shot poorly but it finally clicked to him to trust his boys. He had the ability to get others involved, which automatically makes them better but he just didn't do it enough considering how much he dominated the ball. Iverson is a Sixers icon and i'm glad i got to see him play but imo he was more entertaining than a reason your team was gonna win. Casual fans want to see Iverson. Knowledgeable fans want to see Wade.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

ur a 76ers fan

Iverson did not play with all-stars but that does not mean he was out there with recreational league players. He still had many chances to make his teammates better by passing the ball. Sometimes he did, a lot of times he did not. When a team sends a hard double at you the smart play is to pass to the open guy not try to shoot over the double. My favorite game by Iverson is not any of the 50 point games but game 7 vs Raptors when he had the 16 dimes bcuz Toronto was lockin him up. He still shot poorly but it finally clicked to him to trust his boys. He had the ability to get others involved, which automatically makes them better but he just didn't do it enough considering how much he dominated the ball. Iverson is a Sixers icon and i'm glad i got to see him play but imo he was more entertaining than a reason your team was gonna win. Casual fans want to see Iverson. Knowledgeable fans want to see Wade.

would u agree that he was out there with far less offensive talent than wade was at any point in his career? he could have don more to get his teammates involved, but imo theres only so much u can do sometimes. thats why its not a surprise that one of his best years was with carmelo in denver