Why aren't women?

Options

Comments

• the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Men tend to be more "sinister" by nuture, due to our rough & tumble upbringing, and a lot of humour is based on the bad in our world and making light of it. Men are more self-hateful and live lives with more rejection and competition and have evolved to adapt to this.

Most men live a life where, without public achievement, nothing is left to be valued in themselves. Women, despite being more physically self-conscious, seem to find ways to love themselves or have a female social circle to get this feeling from.

Whereas women have worked out ways to value themselves, men live in emotional loneliness, even if living with a spouse, and have adapted ways to accept their perceived low value. Men joke about themselves, while women try to fix themselves.

Humour is a type of developed confidence... You can even see these values in children. Boys fight, often break things and get physically hurt and girls socialize and create rules, such as playing post-office or tea-time. This is a gray zone where social and biological overlap, because evolution did not happen for humans void of a social context.

Boys learn at a young age that if they cry or react from pain they will be a ? , (there's a reason the class clown in the back of the class telling jokes is always a boy) whereas girls learn that they can figure out a solution to their pain through consulting with others. As a result of suppression of pain, men have developed humour, since the first rock was dropped on the head of a respected alpha-male. And females have not had to develop this as a result of differing coping methods.

It's like the dimepiece that has a personality of a dishrag because all she has ever had to do (to be in the company of a dude) is sit there & "be pretty."

? forbid she try to tell a joke.....

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Serena Williams would probably give some dudes that work on the tennis courts ...... but what dude who has practiced and played his whole life would want to hold that L

maybe a charity match a dude would step up and say it was for charity that he lost lol

I'd fo sho go a few rounds with her off the tennis court tho ......

Both Venus n Serena got beat by a dude that wasnt even ranked in the top 100 and to make things worse dude was drinking beer n playing golf all day before he smashed them on the court lol.

Women tennis really aint ? . I catch a few matches from time to time but the lvl gap between male n female tennis is ridiculous.

I disagree with this. The average male tennis player is probably more physically capable than the average female tennis player. That likely means the average male tennis player would beat the average female tennis player. Skillwise though, I don't see a big difference. On top of that, how the women players match up against men players is irrelevant. What's important is the relative abilities of the women who play each other, and that is at least as good as what we've seen with men. Sometimes, it's better.

On the comedian front, I agree that women don't seem to be as funny as men. That's not to say there are no funny women comedians, but there does seem to be a gap between the funnies women comedians and the funniest men comedians. It could just be the fact that female comedy doesn't land as well with men though. I heard some one give a reasonable explanation for it one time. It boiled down to the fact that women comedians focused more on what was funny to them, which is perfectly reasonable and understandable. However, male comedians tend to put more attention into what is funny to others largely because of the different motivations for being funny. For example, a lot of male comedians develop their humor from their pursuit of females or their attempts to combat being bullied, things that aren't necessarily as big a concern for women.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Serena Williams would probably give some dudes that work on the tennis courts ...... but what dude who has practiced and played his whole life would want to hold that L

maybe a charity match a dude would step up and say it was for charity that he lost lol

Both Venus n Serena got beat by a dude that wasnt even ranked in the top 100 and to make things worse dude was drinking beer n playing golf all day before he smashed them on the court lol.

Women tennis really aint ? . I catch a few matches from time to time but the lvl gap between male n female tennis is ridiculous.

What dude was this? @HundredEyes
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

What dude was this? @HundredEyes

He's talking about this:
    1998: Karsten Braasch vs. the Williams sisters[edit]
    Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[33] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams, aged 17 and 16 respectively, had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager."[34][35] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[36] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two beers. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[37] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance." He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun."[38] Braasch said the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier, and that men put spin on the ball that the women can't handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.

An 18 year old 4th ranked Serena Williams claimed she could compete with men in professional sport; the US Open champion believing she could take on and beat the best players in the men's game. Nothing ever came to be from this claim.[39]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)

Not the best example though considering the Williams sisters were just kids at the time.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    whoopi is a legend

Never laughed at a Whoopi joke.

Ever.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeslieJones.jpg

you see this ^^^^^^^^

thats why
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    LeslieJones.jpg

you see this ^^^^^^^^

thats why

White people are pushing this unfunny ? hard. That commercial where they have her flirting with everyone makes me want to smash my TV. Non-threatening(because she's ugly as sin), and a walking stereotype.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeslieJones.jpg

you see this ^^^^^^^^

thats why

I went outta my way to not make this about looks. Let's not do that, this is about ablity.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most female comedians have to emulate male humor (being overtly raunchy) yo be funny.

Most successful ones are either bulldaggers, dikes, or lesbian.

They have a ? so that means they don't have to be funny.

They don't have to play a game like we do in order to "get some action." They have multiple orifices that lubricate on demand, which enables them to have the brains of Kim K, and still snag a millionaire.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ bulldagger
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jniam wrote: »

Yea but Serena aint seeing Nadal on Clay. She's getting beat by Federrer in straight sets. Djokovic would obliterate her.

No female athlete is gonna see a male athlete in most sports bruh. Men are physically on a whole other level thsn women, stop letting women think they can do anything we can they can't.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think Jessica Jones has the ability and wit to be near top 10 doa comedians, let alone female. They need to step out that box, most great comedians are down to earth. Aware of their place in society, but laughs at their place in society.

That's what made Chris rocks show on HBO great, Chappelles stand up and show great. Bernie Mac and Eddies stand up and movie characters great.

Lots of these women get caught up in being the standard for women that they catch feelings once they get a lil success and stop being funny and start trying to prove feminine points. Case in point that chubby white chick from "train wreck".

She had a buzz and did some funny skits..got on aND started talking bout body image..? don't nobody care..ur an escape from reality through reality..play your part
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jniam wrote: »

Yea but Serena aint seeing Nadal on Clay. She's getting beat by Federrer in straight sets. Djokovic would obliterate her.

No female athlete is gonna see a male athlete in most sports bruh. Men are physically on a whole other level thsn women, stop letting women think they can do anything we can they can't.

That's not true. Women can hang in shooting

They have better eye sight for it
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeslieJones.jpg

you see this ^^^^^^^^

thats why

White people are pushing this unfunny ? hard. That commercial where they have her flirting with everyone makes me want to smash my TV. Non-threatening(because she's ugly as sin), and a walking stereotype.

Cosign I hate everything about that commercial
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Mindy Kaling though she funny

ahaha @ the reactions she was funny in the Office ? you guys
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Love Lucy is one of the funniest shows of all time.

...on weed.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Lucy was the ? my ? ..

Honeymooners>>> Lucy

Vitametavegamin>>>>>>>>>anything from that racist CAC show

Nah Jackie Gleason wasn't a racist CAC. I need to see some receipts.

And I'd put The Honeymooners and I Love Lucy at 50/50.

vitametavegimin vs. "can it core a apple?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22oCaiccz3w

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sara Silverman is the only female stand up comedian that I've seen that was actually funny.Rosanne had her moments back in the day, but that was very brief. Ellen is funny on her show and small TV roles but she can't do standup.....Wanda Sykes, Sommore, Monique are all horrible and unfunny.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Sara Silverman is the only female stand up comedian that I've seen that was actually funny.Rosanne had her moments back in the day, but that was very brief. Ellen is funny on her show and small TV roles but she can't do standup.....Wanda Sykes, Sommore, Monique are all horrible and unfunny.

Sommore and Sheryl Underwood were both funny during the Comic View days, not GOAT or top tier funny, but they got laughs.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta catch Leslie Jones earlier stand - up... Or if you were fortunate enough to see her in person. She's
    pretty funny. I do agree that her comedy needs to evolve but like most comedians its not easy to pull a Louis CK and start fresh every year with a completely new set.

• ThaNubianGod
    Options
    The GOAT female stand up was Joan Rivers. She just diverted from standup too soon before she fulfilled her potential. She really had no filter and could actually make a joke like any man. Which is the problem. Nearly all females simply can't be savage enough or self-depricating enough to deliver a full standup set.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lisa lampanelly
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    How come there never been a female comedian on par with Eddie, Cosby, Pryor, Chappelle, Mack, and Rock.

I'd say not even on the Level of a Patrice Oneal. There's been some good comedic female actors. But no stage comedians.

How come there's never been a female rapper on par with Nas,Jay, Big, and Pac?

How come there hasn't been a female that takes over the WNBA the way jordan, Kobe, Bron, and Shaq did?

How come the biggest female athlete out is on a sport nobody watches?

How come women suck ? b?

1. Women tend to be less...intelligent. ..especially in the practical sense. Comedy is all about practicality vs unpractical expectations. Even more to be a great comedian you have to have great prowess in self reflection ability. Women stop growing in this skill as soon as she grows ? and has her first period. This one not really they fault...the whole of society is built around lying to them. Their shaped to be selfish and not even know their being selfish. How you go be funny and be self absorbed at the same time especially if you don't know you're self absorbed so you can't even think to make fun of it. Women are like the king that walks around with no clothes on. ...nobody has the ? to tell him he's not actually wearing clothes. So the first 30-40 years of they life they live in a fabricated bubble of ? while we exist square in reality and learn to examine ourselves and the world with some level of real impartiality. Somewhere in women's 40s they start not being so attractive to most men so reality starts to bleed into their bubble more and more...the clever ones can start becoming legitimately funny but they still behind by decades so none of em has became a Chappelle or even close yet. This why ya grandmas always either be 1 of 3 things...absurdly sweet...a weirdo obsessed with trying to look 30yrs younger...or a bish with no filter or ? to give...by this age they know all the bs they were fed and took advantage of so they just wanna be good or they want that make believe life they lived back or they see the humor in it all now and choose to out ? any ? .

2. Women like i said not all that intelligent to be a great rapper you have to be a genius in some sense the women with potential to be greats lack the competitive drive and peer competition that makes male rappers greats.

3. Wnba wack not enough skill or competition yet to make the female kobe/shaq

4. Serena would be a goat on par with the greatest in any sport she played. She got the natural gifts, talent and had the extreme competition from being the younger sister of another goat tier player plus a crazy Joe Jackson type dad...she basically LeBron but better
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Lisa lampanelly

That "I make fun of everybody so I'm not racist" racist ass ?