How much do you support your local businesses?

Options
Preach2Teach
Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
I try to support my local businesses as much as I can but I could do more, there was a great fruit and veg shop that opened near me some years back, really good quality fruit and veg at a good price, all I ever really bought was some apples and pears from time to time, they had to close down about 6 months after opening due to the business failing and it ? me off that I could have supported them more, they was doing the community a great service, we just didn't back them for it, were I live there is a ? load of pubs and gambling shops that never seem to shut down tho, I spend most of the food money in big supermarket chains because it's easier with everything being under one roof, but thinking about it now I need to stop that ? and support the small business owners out there, so do you support your local businesses? could you do more? I think we all could it's the only way we can make the world better and stop these corporate giants from taking over everything, remember having and spending money is like an election, when you give them your money you give them your vote and they grow bigger, spend it wisely my friends.

Comments

• PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my weed man, if that counts
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tend to buy fruit and veggies from the local spots just better quality than your big box stores. You have to be committed though cause it's so easy to shop at a place that has everything you need.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every chance I get. ? off the mom and pop pet store round my way closed. ? up thing is they didn't close because a lack of support. The landlord of the store they were leasing went way up on the rent and they just couldn't afford it.

Store front been empty for months and I don't think there is going to be another business in there for a long ass time cause they want to much for the rent.

I like farmers markets. I'm trying to get some of family to all put in and we go directly to farms who butcher there own meat and sell it by the hundreds of pounds. We just break down which pieces we want and how many pounds we want. We all have deep chest freezers so in the long run we coming out cheaper and getting a better quality of meat.

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall gon learn sooner or later that in capitalism...doing a "service" for your community is bad business and squeezing every cent out of what you can even in your own community is good business
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A few small black owned tech companies.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Yall gon learn sooner or later that in capitalism...doing a "service" for your community is bad business and squeezing every cent out of what you can even in your own community is good business

Jews would like to have a word with you....
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I support there competitors