Who is the Greatest Spur of All Time

Options

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    post-21703-Tim-Duncan-Deal-With-It-gif-gbjX.gif

lol @ this actually being a question and people voting against him. It took Timmy all of 2 years to push the Admiral's legacy into the bushes.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol @ this actually being a question and people voting against him. It took Timmy all of 2 years to push the Admiral's legacy into the bushes.

We are all trolling (at least i am)bcuz it really is a stupid question.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    I wanna give Francisco Elson a honorable mention
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    Timmy..then Boris Diaw's oddly shaped body lol
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obviously not the best Spur of all time but Sean Elliot used to be that dude too
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Tim Duncan

Damn the ether in this ? is true remember being a fan of the admiral but Timmy the gawd kicked Dave of that throne in like 03 and made it known it was his Spurs now
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    Damn what if the Celtics had gotten Duncan, I think he would have been great anywhere.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Gervin

Did he ever score 63 points like George Gervin?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Robinson
    Prime David was a beast tho.

Cant go wrong with either answer imo
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    Timmy all day everyday & I'm not even a fan of his but he is the greatest Spur of all time without question. Their championship window opened when he arrived and closed now that he retired.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    David Robinson
    A quadruple-double
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    A quadruple-double

The Ad is so underrated
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    ? tim all the way
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    A quadruple-double

When John Lucas was the coach of the Spurs, David put up some monster numbers because he ran damn near all the offense through him in all facets. High, Mid and Low post action. David was a monster but just couldn't get over the ? in the playoffs.

• TheGOAT
    Options
    David Robinson
    Robinson isnt getting his respect in here.

And if yall wanna bring up rings i guess Robert Horry is the greatest player of all time.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ The Straw Man wants his argument back.

StrawMan2.jpg
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    Tim Duncan

And if yall wanna bring up rings i guess Robert Horry is the greatest player of all time.

David is my favorite player of all time and even I said Tim is the greatest Spurs player. ? , David even said Tim is the greatest and if it wasn't for Tim he might have never got rings
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    David Robinson

David is my favorite player of all time and even I said Tim is the greatest Spurs player. ? , David even said Tim is the greatest and if it wasn't for Tim he might have never got rings

And i bet tim would say David is the greatest

2 of the nicest stars ever with no egos.

My point is rings dont matter as much as yall say when comparing individual greatness. Its a team sport and 2 different eras of ball.

David is arguably the greater individual player which is what the thread is asking
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    A quadruple-double

GOAT ? . Duncan was 2 blocks away from doing this...in the championship clinching Game 6 of the 2003 Finals.

So we're comparing Robert Horry to Tim Duncan now?? Stop it.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    Tim Duncan

And i bet tim would say David is the greatest

2 of the nicest stars ever with no egos.

My point is rings dont matter as much as yall say when comparing individual greatness. Its a team sport and 2 different eras of ball.

David is arguably the greater individual player which is what the thread is asking

They do come off as being some of the nicer guys to lace them up and I'm sure Tim would say the same about David as far as being the greatest Spurs player ever but winning matters and Tim won more than David.

There definitely could be an argument that Tim had better talent to help win championships as opposed to David in his prime but Tim (even his rookie season) was still the center piece of it all, even when David was there.

David amassed crazy numbers and should be looked at as one of the all time greats like he is but Tim also amassed crazy numbers and he won championships to boot. Either way both were great players and I'm sure any Spurs fan is proud to say they got the pleasure to watch them both play the entirety of their careers in San Antonio.
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    Duncan carried the franchise...his demeanor and silent killer approach became the approach of the whole franchise. He impacted and molded the Spurs in a way few players can say they've done for their team.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options