So I'm 75% sure I will join the Air Force after this school year

Options
StoneColdMikey
StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Military people tell me about it I researched a lot about BMT. But what else should I look forward too ?

Comments

• Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    and before any of you hotep nighas complain why you joining the white mans army . I can learn a lot of trades and skills for myself and plus the payments for school so ? yoj keyboard warriors

what job are you lookin to get in to and how will correlate with your degree?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Criminal justice /law
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm considering this as well, but more of the reserves though. It's either Air Force Reserves or National Guard Reserve
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Be an officer, make these crackas salute you

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey man pick a job that translate to the outside. any of the war fighter ? is for the birds.

Medical, IT, nuclear, and Admin translate to the outside. Supply does to but you have to get all the certs you can and work for DLA (Defense Logistics Agency).

Go commissioned officer as soon as you can. When you get that degree put in a package. The difference is not even funny. It is a totally different experience.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be an officer. Make these crackas salute you.

Tell em you want a bonus and guaranteed A school. If they say no, tell em you're going to another recruiter.

Don't allow them to finesse you into signing up 4 6 years. Do 4 and find out if you want to stay in then.

Do your research and find out what field is relevant to what you want to go to college for or just ask your recruiter.

ASVAB test is easy AF. I scored a 92 on mine. But take your time on that test. The better you do, the more options you have.

This. I did the ASVAB on like 2 hours of sleep and no prep and was able to get whatever MOS I wanted.

I recommend actually studying for the test and picking a job that will teach you something and not get you killed
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To get the best jobs you must have an ASVAB score of at least 110. Anything below that score will limit your options and lowers your chances for any decent sign-on bonuses. You can retake the tests as much as you like.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get sleep and don't stay up all night before you take a ? personality test.

Asvab easy as ? , got like an 85 with no studying and having been out of school for a year. With studying got a 90 something.

Tell em you want a bonus and guaranteed A school. If they say no, tell em you're going to another recruiter.

Don't allow them to finesse you into signing up 4 6 years. Do 4 and find out if you want to stay in then.

Do your research and find out what field is relevant to what you want to go to college for or just ask your recruiter.

ASVAB test is easy AF. I scored a 92 on mine. But take your time on that test. The better you do, the more options you have.

This. I did the ASVAB on like 2 hours of sleep and no prep and was able to get whatever MOS I wanted.

I recommend actually studying for the test and picking a job that will teach you something and not get you killed

Could of left this part out homie...

tumblr_n6nfizae3Q1tu7965o1_400.gif
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not military so I dont know the particulars , but my brother is in the reserves and he graduated first then came in the door an officer. I know another cat did the same . I would advise that
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    go officer or dont go at all

Airforce got fine hoes, they only be checking for other branches soldiers however. and yall constantly stay near other branches

use the airforce to reach your goals, they are going to use you. start building your retirement, pay for school or finish school.

paycheck will be steady
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also airforce has a waitlist like a ?

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so you gone be a ? ? smmfh. ? you ?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

fam hit it spot on.. this whole post is truth... i did 6 years in the AF.... anybody know what them deployments looking like nowadays? thats the only other factor i would add.... but i got out in 2010 so its been a minute ...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Military people tell me about it I researched a lot about BMT. But what else should I look forward too ?

Be an officer like everyone said to be and use it to your benefit and developed unique skills sets that would market you better for yourself , whatever future endeavors, and your community.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Be an officer like everyone said to be and use it to your benefit and developed unique skills sets that would market you better for yourself , whatever future endeavors, and your community.

Tell him about those duties stations though. Navy has the GOAT duty stations.