DJ Battle "The City's" Rd 2.............Atlanta vs Detroit (Detroit Vs Everybody)

Options
Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
edited September 2016 in The Reason
Atlanta gotta first round bye due to some fuckery and Detroit beat out New Orleans in the first.

ATL

Vs

Detroit

If you REALLY need to see the tracklist's you can find them here http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/549575/dj-battle-draft-usa-edition/p1 (Detroit never provided one tho)

DJ Battle "The City's" Rd 2.............Atlanta vs Detroit (Detroit Vs Everybody) 13 votes

ATL
23%
[Deleted User]AggieLean.MARIO_DRO 3 votes
Detroit
76%
5th Letterdbrazil412achewon87Bcotton5ChillaDaKilla_Goldie_HerbalVaporCapersTonyDubbzeastbay510lordstanley 10 votes

Comments

• eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    Gonna check these out a little later
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    Everyone know Atlanta bite they slang and fashion from Detroit
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    ...interesting
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol thanks dro...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    We in here
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    Bumped em both today, gotta give it to Detroit. The sounds flowed together great
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Detroit
    Also wanna add that I think it's a good idea to bump these mixes again if you can. I felt the New Orleans mix more but I'm glad I bumped Detroit again to get a refresher
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yo these mixes are the complete opposite :joy: love it. not gonna vote unless I have to but Great job by both of yall and I got beef with both of yall too B)
  • eastbay510
    Options
    Detroit
    Had to go with Detroit it felt like I was in the city listening to that mix. the Dilla beats just put it over the top for me, but I like more soulful hip hop.

I think I understand the direction the ATL mix was trying to go I just think it could have been done better. Some of these. Ew ? are from Atlanta but Outkast, Jeezy, TI and others have too many classics to pick from before people like Rae Srummerd even pop into mind.

The Lil Jon songs did make me think of how his ? used to start so many fights when I I was in high school lol I can only imagine the ignorant ? his songs started in the clubs.

And what happened to Chyna Whyte .... I think I remember buying kings of crunk they had her in there like album coming soon and that ? never happened lol
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Yo these mixes are the complete opposite :joy: love it. not gonna vote unless I have to but Great job by both of yall and I got beef with both of yall too B)

lol i thought the non inclusion of a certain artist might rile you up a bit, truth be told adding in anyone in shady affiliated (aside from royce) just completely took the flow of the mix in a different direction, i just stuck to my original plan and used Dilla as a reference point for most of the artists which made it feel a whole lot more organic.

About to check out that ATL mix.

• Stew
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

lol i thought the non inclusion of a certain artist might rile you up a bit, truth be told adding in anyone in shady affiliated (aside from royce) just completely took the flow of the mix in a different direction, i just stuck to my original plan and used Dilla as a reference point for most of the artists which made it feel a whole lot more organic.

About to check out that ATL mix out.

:joy: you're right, it would have. Your ? was smooth as hell.
  • eastbay510
    Options
    Detroit
    Only Em song that maybe could've fit is "? Please 2" or Drug Ballad depending where u put it
  • lazypakman
    edited August 2016
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    Only Em song that maybe could've fit is "? Please 2" or Drug Ballad depending where u put it

i had 4 or 5 tracks, funny you mentioned 'drug ballad', i actually mixed that in and took it out after, that was more down to time constraints.

the others i think were 'Any man' (too hard too mix in but one of my fav em tracks), 'just don't give a ? ', 'bad meets evil' and 'remember me' which is all about the bassline.

I really wanted to get some Apollo Brown in as well but just didn't have the time.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    ATL mix was really good, completely different take on it than the one i would have had (was my first choice selection) you went more for the anthems and that ? got aggressive, had me mean muggin and wanting to throw things at my co-worker when 'bia bia' come on.

Really well mixed also, stellar job @Rue_Flexington
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    Options
    Detroit

The homie @Stew stay with that drama hahahhaa
  • Stew
    Options

The homie @Stew stay with that drama hahahhaa

Lol passionate about the music bruh
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    The ATL Mix was tight..but it was lacking something for me......the Detroit mix actually put me right back in the city listening to Slum Village while ordering a coney dog ...the only criticism i have of the mix is that some of the classic street anthems could have been mixed in with the first half being the more soulful artists and the second half being more rugged...but still a classic mix
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    Options
    Detroit
    @eastbay510 @ChillaDaKilla I feel what y'all are saying about including certain classics. Some tracks are damn near mandatory if youre repping a region.

But this Detroit mix was super coherent. The first 35 minutes (after which the mix got more raw as far as the beats went) flowed together so damn well it was like listening to an album and not a mix. I think anything that would have taken away from that feel would have been a minus to the project as a whole
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    ? crazy im definitely gone have to give that Detroit mix another spin. I voted for Detroit in its last match up cause it was dope. The Atlanta mix dope too so its definitely coming down to who mixed it better
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Detroit
    15 mins into the ATL mix I was thinking "ATL won this easily" , that ? was crankin hard as a mf. But then............. this ? started playin some ? shakin wack ? and that ? lasted for about 10 mins ........................ killed the whole vibe of the mix and never got it back. ATL has too many bangers for that ? .

The first 15 mins of the ATL mix is better than any 15 min part of the Detroit mix but the Detroit mix was consistent throughout the entire mix, without any dry spots.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp I see where this is heading. After reading the comments and votes. I'll add this to the list of Ls I've acquired this week.g617b54mjhcc.gif

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Detroit
    Lol you're reigning champ, you can't win em all my ?
  • eastbay510
    Options
    Detroit
    Everybody has a good handle on how to do their mixes by now.. They're all good u just have to nitpick to determine which ones are better. Some seemingly minor ? can end up being what costs u
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit
    Am I trippin..or is there no outkast on the atl mix?