This pretty much sums up most PC gamers.

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in IllGaming
Basically most(not all) "PC gamers" aren't real gamers. All they do for the most part is talk about 6 things besides actual "gaming".

1. HOW MUCH THEIR COMPUTERS COST.

2. EXPLAINING HOW POWERFUL THEIR PC IS IN THE MOST ULTRA NERDY/ANNOYING TYPE OF WAY.

3. BRAG ABOUT HOW THEY BUILT THEIR COMPUTER/HOW THEY ARE GOING TO BUILD IT(like the average person knows how to build a ? computer lol).

4. MODDING/HACKING VIDEO GAMES(even before they even come out lol).

5. ? ABOUT PEOPLE PLAYING ON CONSOLE/TROLL ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH CONSOLES("P.C MASTER RACE HA HA HAAAAA!!!!!, SWITCH TO PC").

6. OBSESS OVER SPECS AND FRAMES PER SECOND.

This pretty much sums up most PC gamers. 14 votes

TRUE
50%
PILL_COSBYnujerz84CashmoneyDuxMrSoutCityRawAceMelqartKnowReasonForPeace 7 votes
FALSE
50%
ferociousmonkKNiGHTSanduinGhostdenithegawdCo_Town_MichaelAP21Thereal_ba 7 votes

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    edited September 2016
    Options
    TRUE
    Stop making threads
    stop posting in them kid.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I envy pc gamers. All games are better on pc. Computer chairs are comfortable af too.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FALSE
    ? it...i'll bite

1) i guess its relative b/c you have a say in the specs you are gonna choose for your rig. If anything, i say what i paid for it to show others you dont have to spend a ton to have a nice rig that will play better than a console

2) not true..this aint the 90's no more

3) again, some people are so afraid of technology. If they can relate to someone they know, that may ease some of the anxiety that might come with building your own PC. While i think im somewhat tech savvy, im no pro and i built my own rig in like 2.5 hrs.

4) modding games is fun. The mods for Fallout 4 have added so much extra value to the game .This is just the first example that came to mind, but mods enhance the experience. Stuff that until recently with Fallout, you couldnt do on a console.

5) its mostly just jokes. At least for me it is...stay off 4chan and you wont have that issue

6) well, 60 fps plays so much smoother than 30 fps which consoles are locked into so...yea...if you can get 60 fps, why not? shrugs
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FALSE
    1. You don't gotta drop a G to have a decent PC anymore, so this is moot. My $400 pc does more than the PS4 / Xbox One does with more utility and potential to upgrade in the future. If anything I'll only talk about the price of my PC to people who are uninformed or skeptical of how much a PC actually costs in 2016.

2. What? Literally no one does this. ? really aren't out here talking about the shader units on their graphics card. You reaching hard.

3. Brag? ? I learned how to build my first PC from a youtube video. ? outta here. ? not hard. Literally anyone can do it.

4. Mods are definitely worth the hype. They can potentially add more play-ability to a game or just be purely aesthetic. Either way they're bringing out more in a game. and hacking? You must be one of them ? that thinks all PC gamers torrent their games so we don't deserve to get triple a games, or something.

5. Consoles have their purpose.. like console exclusive games, being an entertainment hub, accessibility, etc.
    PC just has a wider variety and something for everybody on the games side though. Why wouldn't you want more selection to choose from?
    You like triple a games? We got em.
    Are you a Sony fanboy? We just got Playstation now.
    Do you wanna play older games? We got emulators.
    Are you incredibly cheap and don't wanna spend money? There's tons of free ? on pc. Alot of it is fun too.
    Do you want to play games with a controller? Download a driver or 2 and you're good to go.
    Why would you wanna limit yourself when there's so many more options readily available?

6. Specs? no. infact, I play a ton of games on minimum settings for maximum performance.
    FPS? Yes. Guilty on this one. When you've played games at a steady 60 fps for a while, there's no going back.
    FPS does matter imo. 60 just looks way more smooth than 30. Why wouldn't you want smoother gameplay?

example of 30 fps vs. 60 fps
    2899320-5343220639-resid.gif
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Pc has better graphics, can have improved gameplay or experience through modding, can get games for free. You have be an idiot or a supreme fuckfanboy to argue against their superiority.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I envy pc gamers. All games are better on pc. Computer chairs are comfortable af too.

Nope. Batman and a lot of other games have been broken. They had to take Arkham Knight off steam cause it was so bad.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pc has better graphics, can have improved gameplay or experience through modding, can get games for free. You have be an idiot or a supreme fuckfanboy to argue against their superiority.

Nothing is improved in gameplay on PC. I got PC games and a powerful PC. It's not the graphics but the resolution and framerate. Still ain't seen a PC game that looks better than The Order or Uncharted 4. Games like Fallout and Witcher still look like ? on PC lol.
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    Options
    Nothing improved gameplay wise when you can mod files? Lets take for instance fallout 4 limited amount of mods on the console that improves the game dramatically and gives the player more options. But youre telling me pcs that have tons more mods for fallout 4 and other games dont? ? frame rate alone ? on console. Ive seen ridiculous looking games on pc that im sure is better than uncharted 4 lol
  • AP21
    Options
    FALSE
    i think some of ya'll are neglecting the fact that if a game is made on console and then ported to PC, thats when the ? gets tricky (see the last Batman game)

Ports aren't that easy to just convert over.

Now if a game is native to the PC, then it will ? on anything ported to the console. Now that is a fact.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FALSE
    Worst ? is when a dev ports a game to pc and caps the frame rate.
    Like nah fam.. you can keep that ? .
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never been a fan of game mods. Kinda ruins the game for me. In most instances.
  • AP21
    Options
    FALSE
    MAN WUT? LOL
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    Options
    Yea that comment made me wtf. Changing the game to what you like ruins the game?
  • Karl.
    Options
    Yea that comment made me wtf. Changing the game to what you like ruins the game?

It's hard to explain. I guess it doesn't ruin it but I take no enjoyment from it. I play games to play what the developers created.
  • AP21
    Options
    FALSE
    Karl. wrote: »

It's hard to explain. I guess it doesn't ruin it but I take no enjoyment from it. I play games to play what the developers created.

man...who in tf hacked Karl lol

that didnt make NO kinda sense brah
  • Karl.
    Options
    Ah ? it. I don't know.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    TRUE
    I've never been a fan of game mods. Kinda ruins the game for me. In most instances.
    AP21 wrote: »

I think he's talking about when the game's still fresh. I hate that ? with a passion. They're only good when the game falls off. I've found out that the people who make mods shortly after the game drops are PC gamers smh. When the PC version of the game is released I notice they all seem to vanish. Then later on all kinds of trainers start to show up on console where anybody can use the mods. PC gamers love this ? so they don't see any issues. Because it's like I said before, most aint really gamers. They just want the games to mod them and show off their mods. I've noticed that like 80% of mods really don't add any extra replay value at all. Their mostly just ? mode, re-skins, and ? that was dropped from the game being brought back. Very few people actually make content that adds replay value, keep it 3hunna!

It's ? ? . This is why I said they should just make games specifically for modding. What's the point of making games on PC when like 70% of the population just wants to take it apart then show off the results? Also let me just point out the obvious, most PC gamers get bored of games waaay faster than console players. No why, because they're not really gamers. They exploit the ? out of the game and look into it's code. They already know all the games secrets and how to get them shortly after launch.
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    Options
    Lol pc gamers dont get bored of games faster. They will log in 100 hours of gameplay in a month then most likely move on as opposed to console gamers that play up to 15 hours of gameplay a month. Console gamers are more casual
  • AP21
    Options
    FALSE
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »

I think he's talking about when the game's still fresh. I hate that ? with a passion. They're only good when the game falls off. I've found out that the people who make mods shortly after the game drops are PC gamers smh. When the PC version of the game is released I notice they all seem to vanish. Then later on all kinds of trainers start to show up on console where anybody can use the mods. PC gamers love this ? so they don't see any issues. Because it's like I said before, most aint really gamers. They just want the games to mod them and show off their mods. I've noticed that like 80% of mods really don't add any extra replay value at all. Their mostly just ? mode, re-skins, and ? that was dropped from the game being brought back. Very few people actually make content that adds replay value, keep it 3hunna!

It's ? ? . This is why I said they should just make games specifically for modding. What's the point of making games on PC when like 70% of the population just wants to take it apart then show off the results? Also let me just point out the obvious, most PC gamers get bored of games waaay faster than console players. No why, because they're not really gamers. They exploit the ? out of the game and look into it's code. They already know all the games secrets and how to get them shortly after launch.

pill fam...this didnt make NO kinda sense lol

i dont consider ? mode to be a mod, but a couple of cats i sub on youtube use ? mode to help make their videos to display the mod to show you how it looks in action

how wack would it be for a dude to try and show off a mod, only to be killed 10 secs into the gameplay?

? mode for environment mods is also cool b/c they can show you what the map/world looks like if you add the mod

i think the mod community for games like Fallout and Skyrim have done a tremendous job of adding replay value to the game. Additional story quests, locations, visuals, bosses, etc...
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't clown me but is choosing my computer parts to be built on ibuypower or newegg legit rig building or I literally have to buy the ? part by part, funny thing is I have a computer that I built when WoW first came out and that ? can still run wow even though I now have to turn the graphics all the way down

Can anybody point me in the directiOn of where I could build a comp for under like 750$ that can play games at a decent level graphics and speed wise
  • AP21
    Options
    FALSE
    man for $750, 1080 is definitely achievable for max setting for practically most games

i got a pc building thread in this forum

start here...if you got questions...ask

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/536401/build-a-pc-thread
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FALSE
    It cost more to PC game but if you're into gaming then it's the cheapest option in the long run I think. Game sales are everywhere, hardware goes on sale on the big holidays and you can customize stuff if you want. With consoles, you're locked in to what they want you to do unless you ? or mod your consoles which I've done with nearly every console i've owned since the PS1. Plus for first person shooters, there's no comparing mouse + keyboard to a controller. I feel ? when I play a CoD or BF with a controller. It's preference and ease of use that trumps what performs better.

You'll find people who want to feel better than others in everything so the few loudmouths making all the noise don't reflect how the rest act. I do miss the days of just popping a game in and playing on the spot without having to update and download ? for hours.
  • Karl.
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »

Thank you. To me it's kinda like using cheat codes.