Im Going Through USB Charging Wires Every Few Weeks

Options
The Recipe
The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in IllTek
Anybody got any suggestions on wires? Ive bought them from Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Big Lots etc..

Im running trough these thangs, they are shorting out on me so often its ridiculous. Ive noticed wires that come with devices have been way more durable than third party joints.

I did my googles and came up on these Mos Cables with a lifetime warranty, but been seeing Anker Cables popping up alot also. I will probably cop the Mos joint cuz they around 20$ anybody have experience with either of these brands?

https://youtu.be/9NXlJnswRHA

Comments

• Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 options:
    Cables with lifetime warranties
    Amazon to buy cables in bulk for about $3 a piece (I took this route before switching to wireless charging pads)
    Or wireless charging
  • The Recipe
    Options
    I forgot about wireless ima have to do some research, that ? should be reasonably priced now. Whats that charging time like wireless compared to wired? What issues have you ran into going wireless? What brand of of charger are you using? How long have you had your current charging station?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had good experiences with tronsmart and anker charger/cables. Bought a ? load in bulk around black Friday last year and they're still working.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just buy first party chargers/cables off of ebay or groupon

I bought a samsung car charger for five bucks....it chargers my phone fast as hell and the adapter and cable are of great quality
    ? those third party cables, most of them ? are gartbage
  • The Recipe
    edited October 2016
    Options
    0ia1q8vokc8i.jpg
    dh3u32grbwzk.jpg
    skux8yyzaavu.jpg

Copped off their website Sewell Direct for 20, long ? cord 10ft looks and feels durable asf Ill update and review in a few weeks. BTW it ships from Utah.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    ? still working like a charm no problems what so ever hopefully I dont Jinx myself. I use it for my phones, kids tablets and my ps4 controllers and I been abusing it under chair legs, stretched across the room tangled under clutter etc.. and its still going strong.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @The Recipe

vz6bahr4lskz.png

I just got this one this ^^^ morning in mail. I know what it's like to keep running through usb cables and then they make the length of them so short that it's easy to break. I also bought a square outlet charger from ebay as a spare if the one from amazon doesn't work. So far it works great but charges a little slower that the original charger I had for my phone.

I wish that LG would start doing wireless phone charging like Samsung does with it's phones it would be nice.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    @The Recipe

vz6bahr4lskz.png

I just got this one this ^^^ morning in mail. I know what it's like to keep running through usb cables and then they make the length of them so short that it's easy to break. I also bought a square outlet charger from ebay as a spare if the one from amazon doesn't work. So far it works great but charges a little slower that the original charger I had for my phone.

I wish that LG would start doing wireless phone charging like Samsung does with it's phones it would be nice.

Whats the quality of the port on that dock? Whenever I get some ? like that its wiggly out the box. Does it simultaneously charge a device and a spare battery?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    willhustle wrote: »
    @The Recipe

vz6bahr4lskz.png

Whats the quality of the port on that dock? Whenever I get some ? like that its wiggly out the box. Does it simultaneously charge a device and a spare battery?

I actually kept the original port (or outlet) that came with my phone and plugged the usb from the dock charger into that. It didn't come with an og port (outlet) out the box. So if you were to get a dock charger that was compatible I would keep the port (outlet) just to make it easier instead of using your computer to charge.

You know what I haven't charged my battery by itself on the dock so I wouldn't exactly be able to tell you. I've just charged the phone on it but judging off the amazon advertisement, it seems like you could charge the phone and the battery at the same time from my guess. I've had no problems with it and works very good it just charges a little slower than the traditional charger I had for my phone.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Here we are almost mid January and the Mos Spring still working like a charm.