$ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/Q25d3kKJkyM

A B C D E F Geeee.... lmao

Comments

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Somebody should just define the music they're making because they're not rapping. These grey area ? ain't makin rap music true to the genre when defined as what we see as hip hop, I wouldn't say they music is trash, but if you put a football player in full pads on a basketball court he's going to look stupid. These lil ? be havin some lil ? , but when I wanna hear somebody spit I will never go to them, they got they own wave, let these lil dudes cook. Everything ain't for everybody.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 posts and nobody done said "? vlad's couch"
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's not wrong.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean...i don't disagree w/ him here.
    He's right
    He's not wrong.

• KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't rock with this at all

Jamar is coming off like the old crotchety hatin-ass ?

It's literally impossible for every single Lil Boat fan to be "actually stupid"
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

No it isn't. It just depends on how you measure intelligence.

Some grad student way back used facebook to locate students who wrote SAT's and then log their music tastes through social media. What he found was that the scores had a pretty strong correlation to the kinds of artists they enjoyed.

Let me find this ?

Aight so here's a chart where he displays his data

music-makes-you-dumb.png

• anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when i hear old rappers talking ? about some kid thats going to be popping for a few years, it just reeks of the industry and times passing them by.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    This ? impersonations got me dying :joy:
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    DJ Vlad has the woat opinion pertaining to hiphop music.

Edit: Is this ? ass mf trying to make a case for Drake>>>> Pac & Big, aight man, Ima have to knock that mf df out when I see him.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

You must be a dumb lil boat fan yourself. In the video he pointed out new rappers he likes including Young Dolph who spits nothing like the ? Jamar did during his time in rap. He pointed out an isolated ? ? in the game (Yachty) but also pointed out rappers he likes.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like cold like Minnesota, never switch up, and up next
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good thing I do not even know who that is, then.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Yachty...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    how old folk gonna tell young ? what to like? Its like every rapper the kids like and party too they bash. I wouldnt expect someone in they 40s to bump uzi yachty 21 savage ect... but I stay seeing videos of old head bashing and complaining. let them do them hell you aint at the clubs partying with them.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    how old folk gonna tell young ? what to like? Its like every rapper the kids like and party too they bash. I would expect someone in they 40s to bump uzi yachty 21 savage ect... but I stay seeing videos of old head bashing and complaining. let them do them hell you aint at the clubs partying with them.

The thing about it is, hip hop has changed so much in just 8 years. That's pretty fast musically. Most old heads can't adapt. I'm 30, and I like the 2 singles I've heard Yachty on. "One Night" & "Broccoli". I wouldn't compare it to 2Pac. But they're some fun party songs. Lil Uzi Vert is garbage, but I like his work on that Wiz Khalifa track. Plus you got to realize older hip-hop fans didn't have to really search for ? , I'm the 90s- mid 2000s we could find ? on BET, MTV, VH1. Now we don't have that outlet, and most of us don't know where to look. And what's broadcasted now, appeals to a different type of crowd. I see the change in the climate, but I'm also aware rap battles are still big. Fab still dropping ? . Kiss still dropping ? . Lloyd Banks still dropping ? . E- 40 still dropping ? . Snoop still dropping ? . 50 still dropping ? . Ross (even though I don't like him) still dropping ? . It's ? out there for older heads, they just gotta learn how to get past the ? without complaint.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    how old folk gonna tell young ? what to like? Its like every rapper the kids like and party too they bash. I would expect someone in they 40s to bump uzi yachty 21 savage ect... but I stay seeing videos of old head bashing and complaining. let them do them hell you aint at the clubs partying with them.

The thing about it is, hip hop has changed so much in just 8 years. That's pretty fast musically. Most old heads can't adapt. I'm 30, and I like the 2 singles I've heard Yachty on. "One Night" & "Broccoli". I wouldn't compare it to 2Pac. But they're some fun party songs. Lil Uzi Vert is garbage, but I like his work on that Wiz Khalifa track. Plus you got to realize older hip-hop fans didn't have to really search for ? , I'm the 90s- mid 2000s we could find ? on BET, MTV, VH1. Now we don't have that outlet, and most of us don't know where to look. And what's broadcasted now, appeals to a different type of crowd. I see the change in the climate, but I'm also aware rap battles are still big. Fab still dropping ? . Kiss still dropping ? . Lloyd Banks still dropping ? . E- 40 still dropping ? . Snoop still dropping ? . 50 still dropping ? . Ross (even though I don't like him) still dropping ? . It's ? out there for older heads, they just gotta learn how to get past the ? without complaint.

I feel u.But I remember the same thing being said about the ? I grew up liking and partying to. I understand that its a young persons game. the youth make whats popular and if they like it and having fun more power to them. Im not gonna force my likes on them and act like a grouch all day complaining bout their artists. I got plenty of the guys I like.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yatchys music is ? indeed...The game has changed..Its "catchy ad lib rap"

Bars are mostly a forgotten art
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate this argument of, 'well, he's not lyrical he's 'melodic'.'

? , its music. Melody is literally the structure of music. EVERYTHING is melodic. Stop. Its still wack. I think the Biggie/Pac era comparison is unnecessary when we can use the artists from 98-2004 as a better comparison. That's what I (and the new cats) grew up on, it was our golden age. Mos Def, Talib, Kanye, Jay, Nas, Camron, MF Doom, Madlib, Ludacris, Cannibal Ox, Immortal Tech, Missy Elliot, NERD, J Dilla, shiiiiit I can go on and on. Right now I can only name a few cats that I actually like in this generation (and I'm the same age as most of these artists - mid 20s)