'Beauty And The Beast' (2017) Emma Watson and Dan Stevens

Options

Comments

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    They can't do Aladdin, now, not without Robin.

Dan Castellaneta would work just fine
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never saw beauty and the beast. can't they let jungle book be great? I thought the lion king was dropping first. I guess its cool they bringing their cartoons to live action. call me when they do Aladdin, atlantis or gargoyles.

smhp.gif

yeah because that's girl ? you ? . if they make an aladin movie the girl from slumdog millionare should get the part of jasmine.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never saw beauty and the beast. can't they let jungle book be great? I thought the lion king was dropping first. I guess its cool they bringing their cartoons to live action. call me when they do Aladdin, atlantis or gargoyles.

You're doin' yourself a disservice bruh. That's top 3 animated Disneys no doubt.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I never saw it neither...I kinda know the story but never seen it in whole

Just like little mermaid or hunchback of notre dame
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know ya'll took French in elementary school

lol...hell we saw the french and english versions
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint saw none of that disney ? either
    Was too busy selling drugs to the comunitty as a youngin
  • Beta
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    i know ya'll took French in elementary school

lol...hell we saw the french and english versions

We ain't go to affluent private schools like you
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

You're doin' yourself a disservice bruh. That's top 3 animated Disneys no doubt.

Nah

Its my moms favorite but i can name a handful that are better

-Lion King
    -Pinnochio
    -Alladin
    ...? i even like the goofy movie better
    Heres the full list
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_theatrical_animated_features
  • Beta
    Options
    Didn't know zootopia was Disney
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Screw all the kiddie ? though. Let's get a live action gargoyles.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I aint saw none of that disney ? either
    Was too busy selling drugs to the comunitty as a youngin

Got ? by his uncles ^^^^

Pissy eyed ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My personal top 3 is, no order, Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin and either Hercules or Hunchback.

Lion King overrated AF
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I always thought lefou was ? when I was little anyway so no ? given over here. They won't be doing anything explicit like kissing and ? so...*shrug*
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    I always thought lefou was ? when I was little anyway so no ? given over here. They won't be doing anything explicit like kissing and ? so...*shrug*

As a young child i did not think he was ? while watching it. I prolly didnt even know what "? " was when i was young as hell and would watch it.

But they also didnt do anything too "in your face". Often in these kids films they have lil jokes kinda hidden that parents get but kids dont even realize are there.

But the director promising an "exclusively ? moment" is odd. I just hope there isnt anything too shocking that my son is gonna be confused about.

A few months back he saw Bruce Jenner on TV and asked if it was a man or a woman.... That kinda ? is very confusing to a pre-schooler.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    So.... Parents who plan on taking their kids to this.

The movie is going to have Disneys "1st exclusively ? moment"

Gastons dork sidekick LeFou will be openly ? and the director promises a moment in the film exclusively to highlight this.

Im all for ? people doing them... But keep this ? outa the kids movies.

This is not even necessary. WTF is the point of a ? moment? FOH.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    This movie will make money with or without fake outrage ? , Disney dont really need some of yall $20 breh.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    This movie will make money with or without fake outrage ? , Disney dont really need some of yall $20 breh.

I dont feel what i expressed is fake outrage. And my son likes the cartoon &wants to see this so i will be taking him.

That said i guess if you dont have kids yourself we cant discuss this topic at hand.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

As a young child i did not think he was ? while watching it. I prolly didnt even know what "? " was when i was young as hell and would watch it.

But they also didnt do anything too "in your face". Often in these kids films they have lil jokes kinda hidden that parents get but kids dont even realize are there.

But the director promising an "exclusively ? moment" is odd. I just hope there isnt anything too shocking that my son is gonna be confused about.

A few months back he saw Bruce Jenner on TV and asked if it was a man or a woman.... That kinda ? is very confusing to a pre-schooler.
    I always thought lefou was a ? and he had a crush on Gaston when I was little lol. It obviously didn't mean much then as it does now that I'm grown and know what ? means and all those implications, but the ? was there for me young.

I looked up the director's comment on it cuz I agree the "exclusively ? moment" thing is weird...but he just said that he's dancing with a guy in a sequence where everybody is dancing with everybody. So it's still a nfg for me. It woulda been better left unsaid tho.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options

I dont feel what i expressed is fake outrage. And my son likes the cartoon &wants to see this so i will be taking him.

That said i guess if you dont have kids yourself we cant discuss this topic at hand.

ummm, thats not exclusive to you because you have children dude , thats a cop out. We all have families ,siblings , friends etc.

Yall are comfortable with a young girl falling in love with a fictitious fantasy monster but a ? character (in which we dont really know how they will choose to portray that) really is out of order ? word ?

Its pretty simple Disney made a decision , if it bothers someone that much dont watch it , there is the book and the cartoon version and a litany of Disney movies to pick from , than people being up in arms about this.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

ummm, thats not exclusive to you because you have children dude , thats a cop out. We all have families ,siblings , friends etc.

Yall are comfortable with a young girl falling in love with a fictitious fantasy monster but a ? character (in which we dont really know how they will choose to portray that) really is out of order ? word ?

Its pretty simple Disney made a decision , if it bothers someone that much dont watch it , there is the book and the cartoon version and a litany of Disney movies to pick from , than people being up in arms about this.

There were no "? characters" in the original.

My only beef is that its a kids movie. Why add it?

If its as small as a lil dance scene like Gabi said than the only reason the director said anything was to get ppl talking about the film.... Because he knew it was controversial.

Kids seeing ? stuff get confused and ask lots of questions. I dont think pre-schoolers need to be thinking about all the different sexuality preferences because Disney shoved it in their face.